Fleur DeForce

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like she holds back doing house / garden stuff because obviously her house is huge and I think she thinks she will get backlash which is sad because I love to see that stuff. I like ho much Josie ( fashion mumblr) is showing of her house.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Fleur seems to have grown a lot in the last year or so. Seems to have settled into herself and her situation a lot more, not running away as much as she was when River was little and she was barely home for 2 weeks in a row.
She seems a bit more aware of how wasteful she has been, with all the constant travel and haul after haul.

I think that if Fleur would fully embrace her being rich and living in that gorgeous place, and felt comfortable showing a little bit more, it would really set her apart from other Youtubers.

Reactions: 12
Yep! Both their families are involved in cars, with Fleur's family being Westaway motors and Mike's being Available Car. Fleur's brother is also in the band Fightstar and her sister is married to another memeber of the band.

Reactions: 4
I haven’t watched Fleur on you tube for ages but I used to love watching her content. How the other half live 😂
I always wondered why they suddenly moved house into the one they are in now. They talked about the previous one being their forever home. She was quiet on social media for a while then announced they had moved house! Always thought it was weird and wondered what went on. Does anyone know what that was all about?

Reactions: 3
I haven’t watched Fleur on you tube for ages but I used to love watching her content. How the other half live 😂
I always wondered why they suddenly moved house into the one they are in now. They talked about the previous one being their forever home. She was quiet on social media for a while then announced they had moved house! Always thought it was weird and wondered what went on. Does anyone know what that was all about?
I’m not 100% sure but I got the impression they’ve never actually bought a house the traditional way.. I think all the houses they’ve lived in have been in the family. At least I’m pretty sure her previous house was owned by mikes..

Reactions: 7
Yep! Both their families are involved in cars, with Fleur's family being Westaway motors and Mike's being Available Car. Fleur's brother is also in the band Fightstar and her sister is married to another memeber of the band.
Great gossip.

Do you know which one her sister is married to?

Reactions: 2
Fleur de force because it rhymes with tour de force. Which means a great achievement. Like someone being described as a real tour de force. I'm laughing that people thought de force was her real name! So did giovanna fletcher when fleur was on her podcast.

Reactions: 6
i believe the house they currently live in was Mike’s parents home. Its actually a large estate house (mansion house with large grounds and some small cottages on the site). If any of you are old time viewers you’ll remember that super cute cottage Mike and her lived in together with Woofie, that was one of the cottages on the estate. I expect them moving into the large mansion style house has something to so with getting around inheritance tax issues (7 years isnt it that you have to have been given something over a certain value otherwise you are liable for inheritance tax if the giver passes away? Happy to be corrected on this one). Beautiful house and Fleur has great taste in the refurbing they are doing.

Reactions: 12
Ah yes, I remember the cottage they lived in. I think I remember her saying they rented it from family. I’m sure I remember Fleur saying she had always dreamed of buying the previous home. It was beautiful, the front garden was breathtaking! I always wondered why they moved and seemed so quick too. That makes sense about avoiding paying the inheritance tax.

Reactions: 1
I did some bored, lockdown sleuthing and I think Mike’s dad now lives in a home on the outskirts of Harrogate worth around 6 million! Not sure if this has been mentioned before. It’s a similar set up, with the main hall type house, plus separate guest house and gate house / cottage. It was previously owned by a famous businessman, so there are a few photos. It’s beautiful, I don’t really care who lives in theses type of houses, I just love looking at the architecture and interiors of such amazing properties 😍

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Can someone explain the inheritance tax? Do you mean they have to have it 7 years before you pass away? Or they have to pay tax?
I love looking at the types of houses rich people have when they are not flashy!

Oh yes, they are proper rich.

The move was a bit strange to say the least. They had just done a lot of work on the previous house, and Fleur had been going on and on about ordering curtains that finally arrived and then within a week or two they had moved.

Rightmove is my guilty pleasure. I look for houses of at least a million, the more tacky the better. ;) And then I either go 'naaahh, it doesn't even have a pool' or 'if I lived here I'd change this and that....' , or 'perfect, now I just need the winning lottery numbers' ;) Love it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Can someone explain the inheritance tax? Do you mean they have to have it 7 years before you pass away? Or they have to pay tax?
I love looking at the types of houses rich people have when they are not flashy!
Yes that’s right. If Mikes parents gifted them the house they can avoid paying inheritance tax as long as they don’t die within the 7 years after gifting it. After 7 years it won’t be part of their estate.

Reactions: 4
Yes that’s right. If Mikes parents gifted them the house they can avoid paying inheritance tax as long as they don’t die within the 7 years after gifting it. After 7 years it won’t be part of their estate.
thanks! Probably explains the fast move then

Tiny point as I quite like Fleur but I don't get the whole River not being vegan too thing. If their reasons for choosing that lifestyle is because its environmentally better and physically healthier why would they not want that for their child? Someone posted that it's good because she can make her own choices about being vegan in the future but if she was vegan now she could make her own choices about eating meat in the future 🤷‍♀️ . Like I said it's a tiny point but baffled me somewhat. For laziness sake you would only have to cook one healthy meal for the three of them to share too.

Reactions: 3
Tiny point as I quite like Fleur but I don't get the whole River not being vegan too thing. If their reasons for choosing that lifestyle is because its environmentally better and physically healthier why would they not want that for their child? Someone posted that it's good because she can make her own choices about being vegan in the future but if she was vegan now she could make her own choices about eating meat in the future 🤷‍♀️ . Like I said it's a tiny point but baffled me somewhat. For laziness sake you would only have to cook one healthy meal for the three of them to share too.
I feel like Fleur would have got grief which ever way she did it about River being vegan or not. I’m not vegan so I’m not sure how it works but I assume most vegans either have to take supplements or at least be more conscious of what they’re eating to ensure that they’re not lacking in anything? I feel like that’s harder to do with a toddler and it’s probably easier to get them to eat fish fingers/salmon than other vegan alternatives.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.