Fleur DeForce #4 Fleur De Farce, she only apologised cos she got caught on holiday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As much as I think Fleur deserves allll the backlash for lying about ‘not knowing the rules’ (sure) and lying about being away I don’t agree with the redundancies at Available Car being brought into it?

CEOs of limited companies and their personal wealth have absolutely nothing to do with company funds, unless it transpires Mike’s been taking huge dividends or something to decimate the company funds this is kinda a cheap angle from the press. If the company isn’t performing well like many aren’t due to COVID, redundancies are sadly going to be the result. The furlough money is also based on company money which is separate from Mike’s. That’s company law.

The whole situation is just distasteful though. Why there was even a travel corridor I have no idea and totally immoral to lie about being out there. They knew it was wrong hence why they kept quiet and now they have created a right mess for themselves. I have no sympathy.
Mike might have done nothing wrong in furloughing staff and unfortunately then having to make them redundant at the end of that period, (it is inevitable post-COVID), but reputation and optics matter. I work closely with senior management and boards of directors in many large companies in my job, and there is much more caution about maintaining a clean image than I've ever seen before. It would be incredibly stupid for any visible business figure to be openly living too luxuriously at the moment whilst also making employees redundant.

The fact that this story has hit a national newspaper is pretty bad for Mike. I'm sure he'll be fine in the end, but this is definitely a rough start to his tenure as CEO.

Reactions: 34
I don't think many have an issue with the furlough as it's paid to employees and available car did keep people on for 6 months or so before starting the redundancy process. It's not like fleur used it to buy another £30'000 oven :LOL:

But it's totally right to hold account a CEO that was one of those idiots that rushed out just as the rules were changing and his wife used that as a technicality to play thick. They knew it was wrong. The job losses is a smaller thing that compounds it all to negatively affect the company.

Reactions: 23
Oh he’s tacky for doing it for sure. Doesn’t sound like it’s the nicest place to work does it.

Reactions: 16
I love that Fleur used to act like she was above showing her daughter online. And now she’s using River in cutesy Instagram stories to distract from the current PR disaster.

Oh how the mighty have fallen :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Yeah I have no sympathy for Mike in this. Although the financial wellbeing of his company (and subsequently, the financial wellbeing of his staff) and his personal wealth maybe technically be separate, it's pretty damn insensitive. If you want the money and the power, you need to accept the scrutiny that comes along with it.

For me what reflects poorly on Fleur for me is what she was willing to ignore the rules and advice for. I know people that have done some rule bending, but it's been to see emotionally vulnerable family or to preserve their relationship/sanity by having an afternoon to themselves at a garden centre. But Fleur decided she could no longer be arsed making her own drinks and flew the people she already bloody lives with thousands of miles away for what? Some sun and minimum wage workers running after her? Some new handbags?

Obviously, all rule breaking contributes to the spread of the virus and covid doesn't care about the moral value of your indiscretions. But it just screams to me what a shallow privileged princess she is

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Newly surfaced images of Fleur inside the cargo hold trying to get back into the UK without a fan recognising her/contacting the DM.

“Here we go again”
ah well, you tried that Mrs Bell. 🙃 Keep the stories coming....

228B054C-5342-4095-9F7F-CED2F4723C7B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Interesting that the attention hasn't bought her any new followers either. I known it's a very different but for example Elle Darby ended up with a LOT of new followers when that Irish hotel tried to shame her. I know this is v different it's just that sometimes any attention is what leads people to someone they didn't know of before.

Also quick question. Did Fleur used to "help" her followers by screenshot of their qus and answering? She may have and I just didn't notice, hence asking here :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Mike might have done nothing wrong in furloughing staff and unfortunately then having to make them redundant at the end of that period, (it is inevitable post-COVID), but reputation and optics matter. I work closely with senior management and boards of directors in many large companies in my job, and there is much more caution about maintaining a clean image than I've ever seen before. It would be incredibly stupid for any visible business figure to be openly living too luxuriously at the moment whilst also making employees redundant.

The fact that this story has hit a national newspaper is pretty bad for Mike. I'm sure he'll be fine in the end, but this is definitely a rough start to his tenure as CEO.
From the looks of the comments on theFacebook page for Available Cars, I think it’s safe to say Mike has lost the respect of his employees! 🙈😬🙈

• Wow
Reactions: 25
I love that Fleur used to act like she was above showing her daughter online. And now she’s using River in cutesy Instagram stories to distract from the current PR disaster.

Oh how the mighty have fallen :ROFLMAO:
Wow, I totally forgot she used to do that. Like night and day.

Reactions: 12
Thank you! I think some here don’t seem to understand how business works! Also nobody knew how this pandemic was going to play out, it makes perfect sense that staff would have been furloughed when the showrooms had to close, then when it became apparent closures were going to be longer term and nobody was buying cars, unfortunately those jobs became redundant. As you say, if Mike was rinsing the company for money at the same time as letting staff go then that would be a wrong. But we don’t know that he has. Plus for all we know the directors might have taken a pay cut before having to make the decision of redundancy.

I still completely disagree with their decision to go to Dubai but in terms of the relationship to Available Car, the optics are terrible however the trip to Dubai isa separate issue to the job losses.
Oh right, we are on here are too dumb to understand business. But Mike, he clearly makes great business decisions.

I mean why should Fleur, lady of the manor, have to spend her holidays in the same country as all those plebeians Mike let go of?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Oh right, we are on here are too dumb to understand business. But Mike, he clearly makes great business decisions.

I mean why should Fleur, lady of the manor, have to spend her holidays in the same country as all those plebeians Mike let go of?
They were complaining also about the working conditions and bad paid they were, which doesn't surprise me as even as they as ruch as duck Fleur and Mike are extremely stingy.

Reactions: 11
I was watching one of Fleur's GRWMs morning routine vlogs yesterday (I'm loathed to give her any views, but anyway...). She was showing a bottle of Loreal shampoo (sponsored, obvs) which she'd been "using for a few months" yet the bottle was mysteriously full. It's little things like this which make me question her after this Dubai scandal. She's completely lost any integrity and the effortless way she seems to lie makes me wonder how long she's been pulling the wool over our eyes.

Reactions: 33
But apart of the covid crisis, is not like Mike has any studies or preparation to administrate a big company he just happens to be the son of the owner and actually I saw many successful companies getting finished once they get into the owner's son hands

Reactions: 30
“I’ve been wanting this handbag for ages” used to be one of my favorite phrases from her because you know ages for her means a month.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
“I’ve been wanting this handbag for ages” used to be one of my favorite phrases from her because you know ages for her means a month.
Still when she did hwr bags declutter video the 90% were bleeping awful, all the video I was "Gosh just bin them all"

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.