Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jeezlouise

Their house has a wikipedia page?? :oops:😮
Let's add the 120 acres of land, Peloton equipped gym, cinema room, outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, 100k kitchen, and staff into that equation for good measure.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

Thump

VIP Member
I didn’t say it wasn’t a bad year. I said it wasn’t worse than everyone else’s. Which it wasn’t.
Exactly. I too had 2 miscarriages in 2020 and it was very hard but it doesn’t make me (or her) a special case. Lots of people lost someone in 2020 and it’s been hard for everyone in their own way. I also didn’t feck off to the sun and put people at additional risk, it’s not like the rest of us couldn’t afford to also, I certainly could and god I’d have loved to. But it’s not the right thing to do. We need to stay home.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

CheshireLove

VIP Member
UAE have relaxed its laws since then! Men and women unmarried can live together etc. Why do you think its the 'cool, IT' place to be'.
Yeah, what a lovely place to live for a woman... also a horrid place to live if you are gay.

“The authorities continued to arbitrarily detain and prosecute peaceful dissenters, effectively stifling criticism of the government.”

“Under Article 356 of the Penal Code, “debasement of honour with consent” is punishable by one year or more in prison. On the basis of this law, a Swedish-run hospital in Ajman Emirate was forced to report pregnant, unmarried women to the police.”

There is an obvious dilemma, if a wife divorces her husband while living in Dubai with the family’s children, she may be forced to leave the country without a visa, but the children will not be able to join her as they will have no permission and are subject to a travel ban.”

Sorry, I know this thread is about Fleur but I won’t let this idea that the UAE is now some sort of liberal paradise pass.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
She had 2 miscarriages how is that no worse a year than most people? Everyone has had a bad year, I’m sure there are tons of people who have it much much worse than Fleur but two miscarriages is a bad year.
Again, I don’t think she should have gone & i agree with points made about her apology etc., but there are now tons & tons of comments on her Instagram with a lot of people just making the same point. She’s a human being. I don’t agree with domestic violence but after Caroline Flack died I never had to lose any sleep as I never interacted with her on social media.
With all due respect, comments people are leaving on her ig are nothing to do with tattle or people here as the whole reason this site exists is so people can discuss these influencers away from their feed.

Let's not needlessly mention Caroline Flack, the poor woman has been used pretty much daily daily as a tool for influencers to shut down any valid criticism. She wasn't an influencer and her life had next to no resemblance of these floggers on Instagram and YouTube. It's grim how her tragic death has been appropriated to suit other people's agendas.

• Heart

beatrix246

I hope they do divorce and that Mike meets someone better... Someone who doesn't bring negative publicity to the family business and home (isn't the hall on a farming estate? I assume people's livelihoods are connected to it and probably that other people live there.. I wouldn't want to live there and risk being a target all because of some lying bitch in the big house brings negative press.).who knows what might happen with the current political environment ?
Mike is just as complicit as Fleur is and brought the negative publicity to the family. If Mike didn't want to go to Dubai he wouldn't have gone and he also wasn't posting pics in Dubai. Just because Fleur is the public one of the couple, doesn't mean she should solely get the blame.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

CheshireLove

VIP Member
Everyone going to Dubai ie ‘ influencers’ should be made to have a test before they come home AND be forced to quarantine!!! Serve them right!
Poor Fleur. Can you imagine how awful it would be for her, Mike and their daughter to have to quarantine for two weeks at home?! All three of them cooped up in that fucking enourmous mansion together after their time in Dubai?! /s

Let's hope she's booking her Ocado delivery slot and Mike's getting his laptop out to work from home (if he does any work...)

• Haha
  • Heart

ellwood

Look, to be clear, she didn't break the law. There is a difference between guidance and law. It is NOT illegal to travel in the lockdown. Misguided yes, illegal no.
Ok??? To be clear, I think everyone understands that. She still acted like a lying, manipulative, selfish twat.

queenamber

VIP Member
UAE just removed from travel corridor list. That sound you hear is all the influencers running to the airport 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 56

Mooncalf

VIP Member
It might not be illegal, but it goes against the government advice which is designed to keep everyone safe. Fleur, as an influencer, who is somewhat in the public eye, and as someone who people looked to for comfort-viewing in the pandemic with her lockdown vlogs, is more at risk of public scrutiny and criticism if she were to go against this guidance, which she has done, and that is exactly what has happened.

I am a teacher, and we received an email at the start of lockdown from senior management saying that the media will jump on us for breaking any covid rules and just by being in this profession we are held at a higher standard. Am I going to be like 'well it's legal soooo...' and book a holiday? No. I might receive more criticism than others if I did break guidelines, but that's the job I signed up for so I would expect that and understand why. Just how Fleur should have expected, that being in her job where she is somewhat of a public figure, that if she chooses to blatantly ignore guidelines, that there will be backlash.

What some people aren't getting is that it is actually perfectly normal for some people to be held at higher standards than others when it comes to this stuff - if your neighbour who is on furlough from an office job went on holiday you might not agree and complain about it to your family, but you'll be more shocked if it was a doctor, a teacher, a politician, or someone who has a lot of influence over others (Fleur). Yes, some may argue it's unfair that she's held at a higher standard than a lot of regular people (including people in her comments who were like 'I've been on holiday too') but that is a downside that comes with her job. You can't pick and choose what you influence as an influencer, she can't make $$$ off those affiliate links and sponsorships because of her large audience but then expect her large audience not to have an opinion when she blatantly disregards government advice in a pandemic.

• Heart

Silentcritique

Chatty Member
Calling it now. A few more months of business as normal then retiring in the spring / summer, citing ten years in the market, river growing up, pandemic serving as realisation of importance of friends and family and wanting to concentrate on them. She’ll also cite her fertility and health as requiring more privacy in regards to family. She will receive floods of comments mourning her departure.

• Sad

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Fleur was seen as one of the good ones. But she's outed herself as doing something she thought is wrong, lying about, showing disrespect to her followers and issuing a terrible not even half half-assed apology. Highlights how some people see the world and couldn't go without some winter sun regardless of the knock on affects to public health.
Ive been active on the Madison Knowles thread and for sure I was annoyed at her New Year’s Eve party in her Manchester flat.

but with fleur I’m angry!
Im ashamed I bought into her bullshit concerns and care packages for her parents, the lies she spun about keeping within restrictions and her struggle with it all, but the cherry on the cake is her premeditated lie,
her social media posts to back up that lie,

her attempts to shut down and remove anyone who’s outed her (and then play dumb in her pretence that the original poster was actually the one who deleted the thread about her rule break, therefore removing all comments there after, and not her)

and her 4 day old “apology” edit,
I won’t eat a pizza that’s been left out 4 days and I’m for sure not excepting an apology hidden in that take out box. 🤐 Ain’t nobody got time for congealed cheese.

Reactions: 55

Yel

Chatty Member
Have you seen the Daily Mail article? Apologies if it has already been mentioned, I had a look but didn’t spot it.

Oh dear or dear :LOL: , this isn't going away. Well done everyone that kept talking about this and made it see light

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of the available car zoom management call 🍵

• Haha
  • Heart

queenfeline

I hate this idea that followers cannot get mad at influencers or expect anything from them. When Fleur gets a lucrative deal, she's not selling herself to get it. She's selling the people who follow her, because she's basically telling the brand - I can get these people to buy your product. The idea that followers should STFU and let her live her life when she goes on YT to showcase her brand/ideals to us for a profit is nonsense. Calling those people trolls is even dumber. Go away, Hannah.

• Heart

Emmalb1988

I don’t understand the ‘oh well they got a negative test so it’s ok’ brigade. Does getting a negative test mean you can do whatever the fuck you like then?
First of all there have been so many cases of people testing too early it’s a false negative, then surprise! Symptoms appear and you had it all along as you were mixing and thinking you were covid free. Whoops.
Also you can catch the virus at any time. You could be negative but walk out of the test and catch it moments later. Just because you were negative at that exact second doesn’t mean that’s a permanent state. And if you go abroad you could pick it up there and pass it on. The more places you do and activities you do the more chance of you catching it and spreading it - and going abroad - sitting on a plane and mixing with fuck knows how many people is just one way.

So no a negative test isn’t a get out of jail free card to do whatever you like and think you’re safe. You’re not. And it’s selfish to think of it in any other way.

bagafreebee

VIP Member
I think if the Police are pulling people for sitting on park benches and driving 5 miles for walks they should be clamping down of all these people who decide it is ok to go on holiday and leave the Country.

• Heart
Reactions: 54