Fleur DeForce #4 Fleur De Farce, she only apologised cos she got caught on holiday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wish it showed you how many people an IG account had blocked and then you'd be able to see the sneaky ones whose comments are unlikely to represent the true spectrum of opinions
It is odd who she blocks. I sent her a message saying I was disappointed with her behaviour. Then once she edited the garden photo caption including the apology about Dubai, I said it was sneaky to put it into an old post. But I haven't been blocked.

Reactions: 8
Look, to be clear, she didn't break the law. There is a difference between guidance and law. It is NOT illegal to travel in the lockdown. Misguided yes, illegal no.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Look, to be clear, she didn't break the law. There is a difference between guidance and law. It is NOT illegal to travel in the lockdown. Misguided yes, illegal no.
Ok??? To be clear, I think everyone understands that. She still acted like a lying, manipulative, selfish twit.

Reactions: 57
Just making it clear. Someone up thread said she had broken the law and that is a pretty strong accusation to make. Look up Adam Wagner, he has been explaining all the lockdown guidance/laws.

Reactions: 6
I guess most governments assume that people can police themselves without making the issue of travelling *unnecessarily* illegal 🤷‍♀️
They assume that most people have morals

Others up the thread have also said that she hid the trip so that she didn’t make others feel bad if they didn’t have means to travel
She has blogged and vlogged every trip she goes on for as long as I can remember. So that excuse is BS

What she did was morally wrong & she’s sickened that she got caught, however, she won’t dwell on it & that’s the problematic thing.

She hid her “apology” in an old post on Instagram. Her main platform where she started out is YouTube.
She needs to address things openly and then people might have a bit more respect but the current state of affairs is terribly tacky & really grates on a large portion of her audience

Reactions: 16
I guess most governments assume that people can police themselves without making the issue of travelling *unnecessarily* illegal 🤷‍♀️
They assume that most people have morals

Others up the thread have also said that she hid the trip so that she didn’t make others feel bad if they didn’t have means to travel
She has blogged and vlogged every trip she goes on for as long as I can remember. So that excuse is BS

What she did was morally wrong & she’s sickened that she got caught, however, she won’t dwell on it & that’s the problematic thing.

She hid her “apology” in an old post on Instagram. Her main platform where she started out is YouTube.
She needs to address things openly and then people might have a bit more respect but the current state of affairs is terribly tacky & really grates on a large portion of her audience
actually seems like all over the world most governments aren't making it illegal so the super wealthy and elite classes can still do basically whatever they want and travel. Its happening everywhere, i am in Australia and it appears that Australians can't get home because borders are closed and no flights, but wealthy and elite families can come here on holiday in QLD or do what they want. A heap of the Geordie shore girls are also in Dubai, one law for us and one law for those even b-list Celbs above us basic humans

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Nothing is stopping anyone on this thread from travelling! You may choose not to but if it's not illegal you can't necessarily berate others for doing so.

Reactions: 2
Nothing is stopping anyone on this thread from travelling! You may choose not to but if it's not illegal you can't necessarily berate others for doing so.
yes we can. As people have said many, many times now - this is not about something being illegal or legal. This is about being in the midst of a global pandemic & people acting irresponsible & selfish. We’ve also said many times that people are more pissed off with her for trying to hide what she did & blatantly lie in her videos about staying at home.

please, for the last time, this isn’t about the law.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I’m far from Fleur’s biggest critic but whether something is a breach of law or guidance is really a technicality from a practical perspective.

I read Fleur’s apology. I’m almost certain she didn’t say she didn’t want to be insensitive to people who couldn’t travel due to restrictions rather than because they don’t have the means to.

Reactions: 6
This is wrong.

I'm on this thread, and to leave the country I am in (Australia) I would need to apply to our Border Force for permission. Should it be granted (unlikely, it would need to be for work or compassionate reasons) on return I would be required to pay $3000 to quarantine in a hotel for 2 weeks.

Moreover, there are loads of things that aren't illegal but that most people choose not to do out of decency or the common good. Stop defending Fleur's poor judgement.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
There are plenty of things that aren’t illegal but you know you shouldn’t do them.

What you’re saying sounds very similar the people who refuse to wear a mask...

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Compassion and humanity is stopping decent people from traveling as professionals unanimously agree that unnecessary travel puts the most vulnerable in society at risk.

Some people don't care and place their right for some winter sun above the health and employment of those less fortunate.

Let alone travel to a country with appalling human rights records.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
There are plenty of things that aren’t illegal but you know you shouldn’t do them.

What you’re saying sounds very similar the people who refuse to wear a mask...
Exactly this. The attitude that the poster above has is contributing to the mess we are all in, what will it take for people to realise. And to add to that, I’m still amazed that people wouldn’t self isolate on return from a holiday anyway just to be sure?

Reactions: 16
It's not illegal, but the message in England has been very clear since last march. Stay home. Save lives. Protect the NHS. Dunno which part of that people are not understanding :rolleyes:

*Edit* by people i mean those who have travelled, not digging at anybody who posted

Reactions: 24
This is wrong.

I'm on this thread, and to leave the country I am in (Australia) I would need to apply to our Border Force for permission. Should it be granted (unlikely, it would need to be for work or compassionate reasons) on return I would be required to pay $3000 to quarantine in a hotel for 2 weeks.

Moreover, there are loads of things that aren't illegal but that most people choose not to do out of decency or the common good. Stop defending Fleur's poor judgement.
This is great. I wish that were the case here in the UK

Reactions: 9
It's not illegal, but the message in England has been very clear since last march. Stay home. Save lives. Protect the NHS. Dunno which part of that people are not understanding :rolleyes:

*Edit* by people i mean those who have travelled, not digging at anybody who posted
I think as well as taking a completely unnecessary holiday what has really angered people is how she thought she could get away with it by manipulating the very audience that pays for her lifestyle. Nobody likes a liar Fleur. Nobody likes being treated like a fool.

Reactions: 13
It might not be illegal, but it goes against the government advice which is designed to keep everyone safe. Fleur, as an influencer, who is somewhat in the public eye, and as someone who people looked to for comfort-viewing in the pandemic with her lockdown vlogs, is more at risk of public scrutiny and criticism if she were to go against this guidance, which she has done, and that is exactly what has happened.

I am a teacher, and we received an email at the start of lockdown from senior management saying that the media will jump on us for breaking any covid rules and just by being in this profession we are held at a higher standard. Am I going to be like 'well it's legal soooo...' and book a holiday? No. I might receive more criticism than others if I did break guidelines, but that's the job I signed up for so I would expect that and understand why. Just how Fleur should have expected, that being in her job where she is somewhat of a public figure, that if she chooses to blatantly ignore guidelines, that there will be backlash.

What some people aren't getting is that it is actually perfectly normal for some people to be held at higher standards than others when it comes to this stuff - if your neighbour who is on furlough from an office job went on holiday you might not agree and complain about it to your family, but you'll be more shocked if it was a doctor, a teacher, a politician, or someone who has a lot of influence over others (Fleur). Yes, some may argue it's unfair that she's held at a higher standard than a lot of regular people (including people in her comments who were like 'I've been on holiday too') but that is a downside that comes with her job. You can't pick and choose what you influence as an influencer, she can't make $$$ off those affiliate links and sponsorships because of her large audience but then expect her large audience not to have an opinion when she blatantly disregards government advice in a pandemic.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.