Fleur DeForce #4 Fleur De Farce, she only apologised cos she got caught on holiday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fleur lied about staying at home in her estate, people commented on her grid about seeing her in Dubai and she tried to delete them before anyone saw. Then when too many people saw she edited the caption of a photo of her at home that already had lots of likes and comments to try and backtrack with a ridiculous excuse.

Please add anything I've missed 😅

There was no thread suggestions on the most liked posts, so using a most liked comment.

As you were
IMG_20210110_085217.jpg

IMG_20210110_085325.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
I tend to just lurk over on the Lydia Millen Gordon thread but a quick couple of questions. I'm not defending or condemning as I like to say out of tit, hence rarely posting.

For people who are saying her apology isn't good enough, what did you want her apology to say? What did you want in addition to her apology?

People who are saying she doesn't care about the NHS because she doesn't use it, do you realise that she will still be paying towards the NHS via taxes? This puts less pressure on NHS (possibility of covid spread aside).

People do seem to get a real bee in their bonnet about privileged people using private health care and education but they don't seem to acknowledge that those people still pay towards state services despite not using them. If everyone who could afford to not use the NHS stopped using it a lot of NHS pressure would be relieved.

If this was an ordinary family, who lived in a small house and who had scrimped and saved all year for this family hoilday, would you feel differently to now?

Do you think that every influencer should disclose every holiday that they go on?
Well, for a start, I’d have preferred her to tell the truth rather than lie. She broke the law. She said she thought it was coming in a couple of hours after she flew. If that were the case, any reasonable person would check the rules. In any event, ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Even if she herself doesn’t use the NHS, if she infects someone else, they will likely have to use the NHS, so the point still stands.

Yes I would still feel the same if it were an ordinary family. The law is the law and people have no right to be so selfish at a time when over a thousand people a day are dying of Covid just in this country. She is putting fellow passengers, airline crew, hotel staff etc at risk.

And I don’t necessarily think influencers should disclose all holidays. But nor do I think they should actively mislead followers by making it look like they are still at home, claiming in a video they wouldn’t be going anywhere and then censoring the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I don’t want her to lose work (not that she needs the money) - I don’t agree with that aspect of cancel culture. For me, and possibly a lot of others, it’s just a question of venting a bit. I know influencers make themselves seem like nice people online etc, but I am slightly taken aback about how calculated she clearly is and the lengths and lies she was willing to tell to get what she wanted with no backlash. Like I said I know the influencer schtick is to be your best friend and I know all that and Fleur’s real background etc but I still idly watched her videos over the years and felt she’d stayed true to herself and out of dramas, when other YTs blew up or there was tea etc. So for me it’s discovering the scheming and manipulative traits that I am shocked by. And the fact she clearly holds her viewers in contempt - that apology was insulting given what she’s included in her vlogs the past year.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I think the first step would be for her to actually issue an apology, not editing the text on an old photo on insta that not many will see unless told.

The irony of being deceptive and hiding an apology that's about hiding and being deceptive about something else 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Can we also just point out on page one that they come from family money, both Mike and Fleurs family own large car dealerships. They live in a hall that has its own Wikipedia page which has multiple bedrooms and rooms we’ve never seen and they have more than enough cash to survive without YouTube.

Reactions: 48
Can we also just point out on page one that they come from family money, both Mike and Fleurs family own large car dealerships. They live in a hall that has its own Wikipedia page which has multiple bedrooms and rooms we’ve never seen and they have more than enough cash to survive without YouTube.
And this is exactly what this thread was about!!! Fleur's background and the wealth that came from their family that isn't really known about her unless you came to this thread. I think that is why she had remained relatively true to her older videos over the years, because she doesn't need Youtube for money

Reactions: 13
I don’t want her to lose work (not that she needs the money) - I don’t agree with that aspect of cancel culture.
I agree with this. I in no way agree with what Fleur has done, she has revealed herself to be manipulative, selfish and irresponsible. But if people are going to not use companies she has endorsed and contact brands they should also be doing it for all the other influencers that spent 2020 acting like covid didn't exist and broke many of the rules. *cough* Amelia *cough*

Reactions: 30
So after following the insta comments and this trail and feeling really peed off about it all, I feel that 'one' of the most damaging things to come out of it is that she has set a president to her followers that is perfectly okay for non essential travel. I know many people are sensible and know they can't but judging by the likes and comments on insta, thousands think this okay now ???

Also I really think she should have omitted the part of her apology where she says she didn't understand what tier we were in. This I find insulting. We know she is a bright girl who would have been checking this regularly and Mike as CEO would have needed to know. If u live in the UK you couldn't avoid the scary news every day saying lock down was imminent.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
So after following the insta comments and this trail and feeling really peed off about it all, I feel that 'one' of the most damaging things to come out of it is that she has set a president to her followers that is perfectly okay for non essential travel. I know many people are sensible and know they can't but judging by the likes and comments on insta, thousands think this okay now ???

Also I really think she should have omitted the part of her apology where she says she didn't understand what tier we were in. This I find insulting. We know she is a bright girl who would have been checking this regularly and Mike as CEO would have needed to know. If u live in the UK you couldn't avoid the scary news every day saying lock down was imminent.
Don't think people think it is okay, most people seem really disappointed by her actions.

Reactions: 15
It can’t have been much ‘family time’ if she was keeping an eye on comments and deleting them while she was there

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The main issue to me is her manipulation and the way she deliberately misled her viewers. I think that is what has made a lot of people angry, not so much the actual trip but the videos where she made out they would be spending Christmas at home and deleting of people's comments once she was spotted in Dubai.

• Sad
Reactions: 42
@Frankles What more she could have done than apologise?

What bothers me in her apology is that it’s not a sincere apology, it’s more an explanation of her reasoning and adding a few “that wasn’t smarts” in there. It was a tough one to find a balance and it wasn’t too bad, but as has been pointed out before, she pretends that she didn’t want to show her travels online because she didn’t want to offend others who don’t have the means to travel. 1) we have the means to travel within our budgets, but we chose not to, 2) that’s just not the real reason why she hasn’t shown any of it. The real reason is because she knew damn well this wasn’t going to go down well.

She doesn’t need to be cancelled for me. In fact, annoyingly, I have gone to her Instagram for the first time in years and I’m probably not the only one, so all of this must drive up her traffic, instead of reducing it. But a real apology would have been nice, apologising for the people she has put at risk by causing others to leave their homes to their jobs at the airport, hotels and malls, all potentially spreading and carrying the virus, regardless of Fleur’s negative test. Her entire apology is me, me, me and the consequences for ME.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Their house has a wikipedia page?? :oops:😮

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Their house has a wikipedia page?? :oops:😮
Let's add the 120 acres of land, Peloton equipped gym, cinema room, outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, 100k kitchen, and staff into that equation for good measure.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
I don’t want her to lose work (not that she needs the money) - I don’t agree with that aspect of cancel culture
I absolutely do agree with her losing work,

the relationship between an influencer and the customer is based on trust.
it’s why they can ask for such a huge fee, because the brand knows the emotional connection between the influencer and their viewers will more than likely sell a product better than a main stream media campaign.

this bint has done nothing but prove she is 1) a liar 2)
will try and cover up her own lies
3) she has no problem lying to her audience and manipulating the truth for her own gain
4) she couldn’t give a rats ass what that audience think of her when she’s done this.

I do not want to see her working with any brand or product I buy or support.

her actions have been bad, but pandemic aside her deceit has been worse in this case from an “influencer” point of view. Why would anyone think that’s ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
At least, when she does lose income, she’ll be comfortable regardless, so it’s not as drastic as it has been for others losing their jobs.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.