Fleur DeForce #3 aka Fleur Du-Bye! She's on holiday in Dubai and faked being at home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she was mostly refering to the miscarriages and the thyroid issues, but that does mean you then 'deserve' to go on holiday during a pandemic. I think most of us are fed up, and would love a change of scenery, but we have to suck it up and stay home, to protect others and ourselves (in that order). She just pulled a big FU to her followers and those who have no idea who she is.
The thing is....life went on for all of us during the pandemic, with all its tragedies. People have had miscarriages, others have lost parents (to other things than covid) or a partner or someone else close to them. All these things still happen alongside the restrains and heartbreak that the pandemic brings with it. But we all go through that. And still, most of us can understand that now is not the time to go on our well-deserved holiday to get away from it all because we had a difficult time. Fleur couldnt. And it wasn't a mistake, she wanted this and was selfish about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
In all seriousness, I do appreciate the people who have pointed out how naive they were being. But to all the people who jumped down my throat that Fleur would neverrr do that, “Congratulations, y’all played yourselves!” -DJ Khalid voice.

Reactions: 11
So, she apologized.. and what else do people want from her?
If people are truly disappointed, the solution is to stop watching her content.
Sure, she may feel more bad that she got caught but at the end of the day no laws were technically broken, despite the wrong judgment.

Reactions: 11
Sure, she may feel more bad that she got caught but at the end of the day no laws were technically broken, despite the wrong judgment.
They probably want brands to drop her.

Reactions: 9
I don’t know if this has been previously mentioned but on Glassdoor it says that Mike has furloughed his staff, then if you go on available cars Facebook page some staff have commented saying he’s actually made 300 people redundant. Yet he goes to Dubai...
That’s good research... I have to say that is the reality isn’t it of how these people have these lives and amazing houses. There’s a house account in Yorkshire of an amazing detached Georgian house and she doesn’t work, it’s her husband bringing the money in. How? Inherited top role at family fish business and of course if you go on glass door it’s people saying they’re underpaid or overworked. It’s the Yorkshire homestead. Gorgeous house but you don’t get that life without exploiting working people

Reactions: 13
I think most here are aware that she will suffer zero consequences from this. YT/Instagram is just a hobby to her to feel busy, she doesnt need the money. She sells products just like every other influencer.
I think it's totally fine to use this board as a way to rant about her and let out some frustration about yet another ignorant, entitled rich person who thinks that legal = right, in a pandemic.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Vit D
LOL
Vit D cocktail with virus C ?
20210110_003736.jpg

20210110_003657.jpg

Another one on holiday herself

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I think that's it. She put forth this image of her being very worried about the virus, staying at home, not seeing anyone. And I thought thank goodness someone is taking it seriously, given the absolute idiots running around doing what they want, acting like over 1 million people haven't died or it's not a big deal?

She's clearly intelligent and understood that we all have to make a collective effort. So at this point does she just no longer care or does she feel entitled to a holiday, cost to human life be damned? That's what's baffling me - was she pretending to take it seriously before?
I think she may have been pretending to take it as seriously as she portrayed in her vlogs. She was telling us what we wanted to hear! In reality, Fleur's day-to-day life probably hasn't changed all that much since the pandemic started. I wouldn't be surprised if she's been seeing family and going on trips other than the Dubai trip. She has the means to pay for tests whenever she wants - and so do her family - to ensure they can meet up safely etc.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
The thing is....life went on for all of us during the pandemic, with all its tragedies. People have had miscarriages, others have lost parents (to other things than covid) or a partner or someone else close to them. All these things still happen alongside the restrains and heartbreak that the pandemic brings with it. But we all go through that. And still, most of us can understand that now is not the time to go on our well-deserved holiday to get away from it all because we had a difficult time. Fleur couldnt. And it wasn't a mistake, she wanted this and was selfish about it.
I lost a dear family member the week of Christmas. And even I didn’t get on a plane and go across the country to mourn with family because Covid is real and I don’t want to potentially spread it and injure people. And I don’t live on an estate with a mansion. That’s why I think her explanation and apology are BS.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
I know we all don't think this will really take anything from Fleur except a handful of followers and a dent to the 'untouchable influencer' ego. The thing is, it makes me wonder more generally what it actually WILL take to topple the influencer pedestal overall?

The shine has definitely lessened over time, I think the changing of the rules around having to declare gifted items really knocked them all down a peg or two because it forced them to have to be a bit more genuine about what they do and don't like, what they do and don't use. We can SEE what they've spent their own 'hard earned' :rolleyes: money on.

Of all the 'scandals' and all the 'dramas' that have happened to various influencers over the years, they're still around. Less shiny, more fallible, less respected maybe, but still around.

Reactions: 21
Bet if River is jet lagged and waking up at 4am she is really regretting this Dubai trip that’s caused her so much grief

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I simply can not stomach those c*nts in her comment section anymore, excuse my french. I am baffled and shocked by how dumb, ignorant and blind people can be. Attacking completely reasonable commenters with their hate/negativity/judgement narrative and rhetoric. You know who brings a lot of nEgAtIViTy into the world? People like Fleur who are traveling during a pandemic, completely unnecessarily. But try getting that through those thick empty skulls of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Sorry but comments like this are so stupid to me. So someone does something undeniably immoral/irresponsible/insensitive, they get caught and after initially trying to conceal it, they finally ‘apologize’ (in a half assed manner), and just because there’s “nothing more they can do” suddenly people should accept the apology, shut up, and move on? If the solution to everything was just “stop watching/listening/reading” the world would be one hell of a fucked up place!! (Even more so than currently) Just because someone issues an apology doesn’t mean people should accept it, doesn’t mean there aren’t more things to criticize, and sure as hell doesn’t mean people should stop discussing the matter at stake. Fleur has barely had to deal with 3 days of backlash. It’s not like it’s being rehashed months later.

She probably won’t lose any business over this, and even if she did, her livelihood does not depend on YouTube whatsover (she’s a multi millionaire who does not and will never need to work a day in her life). She still has many supporters, including many hundreds of thousands of people who don’t even have a clue about this whole drama (since she tried her best to keep it on the low). She will suffer virtually no consequences for her actions. I really don’t see why people should refrain from voicing their frustrations and disappointment at this point. That’s the least we should be able to do.

“What else do people want from her” really is the last question people should be asking. More like “when will influencers learn? When will they stop being so entitled, careless, manipulative, ignorant? When will they actually accept responsibility for their actions?” And at the very least, in the short term, when will they understand that this bleeping pandemic is a serious matter that they are not immune from?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Can someone screenshot the full apology pity full explanation and post it here?
I bet she’ll edit it again after a while.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if this whole episode will make Fleur rethink her position as an influencer? Unlike a lot of influencers, we all know that Fleur is not dependent on this influencer lark for her income. If anything, YouTube/Instagram is nothing more than a hobby for her, a lucrative hobby, yes, but not one that she needs to maintain her lifestyle. Fleur is rolling in money. If this all went away tomorrow, she'd still be rolling in money. Maybe, right about now, she's thinking that this is not worth it. After all, if she didn't live her life online, nobody would care to call her out over her behaviour. People wouldn't know about it. Nobody would care. The one thing that makes me think she won't quit is her half-assed apology. I guess it would have been easier to log off and disappear from the internet for good.

My guess is that she'll take an extended break, but then maybe I'm wrong. I've always thought of Fleur as possibly quite steely with a definite bitchy streak. I doubt she's upset about this. Pissed off, yes. Upset and genuinely remorseful - definitely not.

Reactions: 27
Is it that we all collectively expected more of Fleur?
Lurker on the Fleur thread over the past few days. I think there is so much outrage because we do expect more from her. To me she is the only influencer I’ve seen that seems to acknowledge that not everyone lives a similar privileged lifestyle to her and I have still found her somewhat relatable as a person despite the wealth she has.
I have unfollowed so many others due to the tone of their posts/tone deaf advice they feel they are in a position to give and Fleur is usually above all of that.
I don’t think anyone wants to end her career but it is important that she takes accountability for her actions and acknowledge her dishonesty.
It will be interesting how she comes back from this but I don’t think she will lose many followers or sponsorships. I do hope this will be a lesson to her on the privileged position she is in and whatever the situation, honesty is the best policy.
I think it would be nice if she would do something for NHS staff or something extremely charitable when she returns home to show she has taken the criticism seriously - not that it would make up for the recklessness of her holiday decision but would be better than discussing over-priced face cream.

Reactions: 15
It's how calculated she's been in all this thats really bad imo. Did she not say she'd cancelled a trip in England with Mike for early Jan due to the pandemic. She said that with the fill knowledge she'd booked Dubai. She knows full well while not illegal what's she's done it's totally morally disgusting. That's why she stopped vlogmas as she couldn't very well have been filming anymore as she knew she was off to Dubai (probably after spending all if Christmas with family). We've all had a tit year and deserve holidays, there is no excuse for this. The apology was a load of crap excuses, she couldn't care less. All folk like her who've swanned off and had the means to do so are exactly the same while looking down their noses at everyone else most likely.

How long till she announces she's taking a break most likely. She'll want keep out of it all in the hope it all blows over eventually.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.