Fleur DeForce #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know why you feel a need to keep reiterating that? I get your point. However you’re making out he is undeserving and too young to be a CEO which 1. Isn’t true and 2. You have no idea how much work he’s actually put in to be in that position. Just because Fleur shows a snippet of him not at work or on holiday every so often, you’ve jumped to that conclusion...
Well you do understand that with age comes experience right? Naturally, someone who is further along in their career will be more deserving of a promotion to the CEO position than someone who is young and hip just because you know, ‘it’s 2020.’

Mike was going to be the CEO of his family’s business no matter how hard he worked or didn’t work, no matter how well he knows the business or doesn’t know the business, and btw, you don’t know how much he’s worked either. Mike is a great guy, I’ve said it before but let’s not be naive, that’s all I’m saying. Nobody was keeping tabs on how many hours he put in because that position was his since he was born. And finally, my point was that his chances would have been close to 0% out there in the real world and that’s just the reality.

Reactions: 9
Well you do understand that with age comes experience right? Naturally, someone who is further along in their career will be more deserving of a promotion to the CEO position than someone who is young and hip just because you know, ‘it’s 2020.’

Mike was going to be the CEO of his family’s business no matter how hard he worked or didn’t work, no matter how well he knows the business or doesn’t know the business, and btw, you don’t know how much he’s worked either. Mike is a great guy, I’ve said it before but let’s not be naive, that’s all I’m saying. Nobody was keeping tabs on how many hours he put in because that position was his since he was born. And finally, my point was that his chances would have been close to 0% out there in the real world and that’s just the reality.
Well naturally, in a family run business, the heir takes over the company correct? This means they are essentially groomed from birth to learn about the tricks of the trade, the ins and outs and all the parts in between. I would count that as experience would you not? Seeing your father and being in his shadow from the age of 18 at work is very good experience and we could argue, the added parental pressure could be crippling. I would hate to have my parents as my employers.

Your logic makes no sense to me, its like saying the Queen wouldn't be the Queen is she wasn't born into it like yeah no tit sherlock. Of course Mike wouldn't be given the same opportunities if he wasn't born in to this wealth. Thats just life unfortunately.

Some people are born in to privilege but its not up to us to say if his position was deserved or not because at the end of the day, his trust fund is heavy. He could shun the company and live a life of bloody leisure if he so wished but being the oldest child was expected to take over. I'm sure he had his own ambitions too.

Can we move on from this topic...

Reactions: 43
I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest he wouldn’t be CEO without his family and it seems like it’s hit a nerve somewhat

Reactions: 13
Even though he was away frequently we don’t know how often he was sat somewhere with his laptop or was on his phone...

okay back to Fleur. Any thoughts on her new video?

Reactions: 6
I’m sure Mike works hard, but he is in the CEO position because of nepotism. I don’t see how that can be disputed. Nobody becomes CEO of a company that size at 35, without nepotism. They just don’t.

I don’t blame his family for wanting to hand over the reins to family, I’m sure most of us would do the same, but it’s not like he’s had to claw his way up the business from the bottom like a ‘normal’ person would have to.

Living the life of Fleur and Mike is something most of us cannot even imagine or dream of. But it must bring about different pressures in terms of expectation. Mike has his parents pride resting very heavily on his shoulders and that is a different kind of pressure than most of us would ever experience.

I’m not saying he has it harder than the pressures most of us deal with - whether to pay the gas bill or do a food shop - but it’s still a pressure in a different kind of way.

Reactions: 17
Even though he was away frequently we don’t know how often he was sat somewhere with his laptop or was on his phone...

okay back to Fleur. Any thoughts on her new video?
I am OK with her being not 100% sustainable, no one is perfect in any sense.
But her style is all over the place, those frumpy dresses.. and the jacket :D
I don't know why she insists on being ''edgy'', she's the least edgy person I've seen.

I am OK with her being not 100% sustainable, no one is perfect in any sense.
But her style is all over the place, those frumpy dresses.. and the jacket :D
I don't know why she insists on being ''edgy'', she's the least edgy person I've seen.
The only nice thing she got was the dress from Rixo. The Zara stuff was all hideous, especially the black dress.

Reactions: 2
The only nice thing she got was the dress from Rixo. The Zara stuff was all hideous, especially the black dress.
To each their own, I didn't like that one either. I don't like printed things and to me, wrap dresses don't suit her. They basically swallow her.

Reactions: 3
Agreed, I don't think they're best suited to her figure. The dress itself is beautiful, though.

I don't think she knows what does and doesn't suit her.

Reactions: 1
I don’t understand how she shops so much but always looks like she’s wearing the same 5 items

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don’t understand how she shops so much but always looks like she’s wearing the same 5 items
I agree. She buys the same style of stuff, I can't tell difference between all of her dresses cause they are all printed and wrap.

I once commented on this on GG, I despise the fact that she buys something and wears it without washing. That doesn't apply necessarily to this haul, but I've seen that a million times in her vlogs. She buys something and wears it.
Maybe I am a germophobe (since I am a biologist), but that's just gross.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I agree. She buys the same style of stuff, I can't tell difference between all of her dresses cause they are all printed and wrap.

I once commented on this on GG, I despise the fact that she buys something and wears it without washing. That doesn't apply necessarily to this haul, but I've seen that a million times in her vlogs. She buys something and wears it.
Maybe I am a germophobe (since I am a biologist), but that's just gross.
Yeah the idea of wearing stuff without washing it gives me the creeps, but like yourself I have a background in biology and also used to work in a factory that processed clothing (underwear) so have had reason to give the matter a lot of thought!

I said exactly the same on a Lily Pebbles thread on here once! I can’t bear the thought of buying or ordering something and then wearing it without washing. But I was largely disagreed with on that thread.

Just seems like a no-brainer to me: do people not consider how much dirt garments pick up from being on a shop floor/in storage/in transit? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sick
Yes, I also came across a lot of disagreement.
Considering the fact how many fungicides, pesticides and detergents get on clothes on transit, I would never wear it without washing!

• Sick
Reactions: 5
I am surprised that Fleur filmed their drive way. I know you can't see much, but there is a quick shot of the gate so you can tell they are still on their property.

Mike may have been made CEO by nepotism but he must have been doing an alright job even with all the free time as they wouldn’t have put him in that position and jeopardised the company if they thought he couldn’t handle it.

Reactions: 17
From what we've seen in the vlogs I actually think Mike works a lot. Also Fleur often talks about him working long hours or having stressful/ busy time at work. Bedsides I think families like his have strong work ethic and it gets passed down the generations. They want to keep and grow their wealth and keep the business strong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Sure, why not advertise a huge car while people struggle to keep their jobs, thanks Fleur. Read the room. Was anyone else pretty miffed about them putting their absolutely extremely dirty muddy boots in the trunk of this lent car? I mean just put a blanket under it! Also "big trunk" does not translate to it fits four pair of rain boots for me.

Sure, why not advertise a huge car while people struggle to keep their jobs, thanks Fleur. Read the room. Was anyone else pretty miffed about them putting their absolutely extremely dirty muddy boots in the trunk of this lent car? I mean just put a blanket under it! Also "big trunk" does not translate to it fits four pair of rain boots for me.
I have vague deja vu about her doing muddy boots/dogs in the trunk of a paid car ad a year or two ago 😂 and the exact discussion around it. My guess is that BMW wanted them to do an 'authentic' ad. As if they care about getting the car detailed after again, it'll be relegated to its test drive purposes at some dealership.

But I agree, it's a bit distasteful to promote cars right now when people are struggling. Interestingly where I live, car purchases have gone through the roof since the lockdown started because people don't want to take public transit and want to use cars for weekend getaways.

Reactions: 8
I have vague deja vu about her doing muddy boots/dogs in the trunk of a paid car ad a year or two ago 😂 and the exact discussion around it. My guess is that BMW wanted them to do an 'authentic' ad. As if they care about getting the car detailed after again, it'll be relegated to its test drive purposes at some dealership.

But I agree, it's a bit distasteful to promote cars right now when people are struggling. Interestingly where I live, car purchases have gone through the roof since the lockdown started because people don't want to take public transit and want to use cars for weekend getaways.
Same where I live, car sales are at an all-time high!
I asked my car dealer friend why and he said "I don't know, shush! don't question it!" 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.