Fleur De Force #9 has an aversion to truffles since getting pregnant

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As if she's still posting a 'what i got for christmas' video, 1) its not 2009 and 2) the current economic climate? people struggling to heat and eat Fleur.

Reactions: 22
It’s especially funny because her official reason for hiding the D**** trip was that she knew most people couldn’t afford it so she didn’t want to seem insensitive. I love how she thought that was a better explanation than „it’s a pandemic and I don’t care“. Where’s that consideration now, Fleur? (I’m joking, I know she doesn’t care and never did 😁 she’s rich after all!!)

Reactions: 8
That Chanel scarf looks so cheap because of the emblazoned logo. Can't believe Mike paid thousands for that. Fool and their money...

• Wow
Reactions: 15
That Chanel scarf looks so cheap because of the emblazoned logo. Can't believe Mike paid thousands for that. Fool and their money...
Are you joking it costs thousands? I'm pretty handy with a knitting needle and also a sewing machine. I reckon I could easily undercut that.

Reactions: 3
It looks like those “Chanel” towel sets and fleece blankets that you can buy for a tenner at my local market.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It’s especially funny because her official reason for hiding the D**** trip was that she knew most people couldn’t afford it so she didn’t want to seem insensitive. I love how she thought that was a better explanation than „it’s a pandemic and I don’t care“. Where’s that consideration now, Fleur? (I’m joking, I know she doesn’t care and never did 😁 she’s rich after all!!)
What is the D***** trip? Are we referring to Dubai last year when they were “dating home”?

I looked it up and it says it's cashmere. It was almost £2500.
Wowzers. A scarf as well. Like I'd maybe understand shoes, a coat or a bag slightly better but a scarf that you probably can't wear everyday. Like you can't wash that (and if I had a scarf I'd definitely be getting makeup all over that... And wearing it to like bonfires or places where people smoke or London) but also like a scarf is just so easy to loose by accident.
I don't know. It's impossible to get my head round as I don't have anything that expensive - obviously technically like the amount I own of my flat is more expensive but difficult to misplace or ruin, car is slightly less durable than the flat but **touch wood** I have kept it for 5 years, using it most days and haven't left it on a train or on a coat stand. It also goes with literally everything and is pretty much wipe clean and insured. Genuinely next most expensive thing I have is going to be my phone followed by probably bed, sofa and TV but they are all WAAAAAAY less than £500
I guess I live in a complete different world to Fleur that I would never dream of wanting or needing something so expensive. I can see if you are loaded that you might invest in a really long wearing coat or shoes or bag if that's important to you but I don't understand the scarf. I suppose also like Fleur does spend that same money on shoes and coats and bags (pleural) so maybe it's one of them things where I physically cannot get my head around the sheer amount of money she has. I do like her as a person but I suppose that it does show that you can have all that money and your actually not sort of better or happier than anyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Wowzers. A scarf as well. Like I'd maybe understand shoes, a coat or a bag slightly better but a scarf that you probably can't wear everyday. Like you can't wash that (and if I had a scarf I'd definitely be getting makeup all over that... And wearing it to like bonfires or places where people smoke or London) but also like a scarf is just so easy to loose by accident.
I don't know. It's impossible to get my head round as I don't have anything that expensive - obviously technically like the amount I own of my flat is more expensive but difficult to misplace or ruin, car is slightly less durable than the flat but **touch wood** I have kept it for 5 years, using it most days and haven't left it on a train or on a coat stand. It also goes with literally everything and is pretty much wipe clean and insured. Genuinely next most expensive thing I have is going to be my phone followed by probably bed, sofa and TV but they are all WAAAAAAY less than £500
I guess I live in a complete different world to Fleur that I would never dream of wanting or needing something so expensive. I can see if you are loaded that you might invest in a really long wearing coat or shoes or bag if that's important to you but I don't understand the scarf. I suppose also like Fleur does spend that same money on shoes and coats and bags (pleural) so maybe it's one of them things where I physically cannot get my head around the sheer amount of money she has. I do like her as a person but I suppose that it does show that you can have all that money and your actually not sort of better or happier than anyone else.
Yeah that type of money is nothing to them. Totally different world as you say

Reactions: 4
We are very comfortable (both generational wealth and self-built) and even though I could buy that scarf, I wouldn’t. It’s incredibly gauche and (don’t roast me for the term) new money to be trotting around like a walking billboard for a brand. My cousin’s wife is like this - large labels and logos everywhere and it just indicates to me that she’s someone who isn’t confident in her personal style.

You really can’t buy class or taste. Unless you hire a personal stylist - which would actually be a good idea for Fleur as she’s terrible at dressing for her proportions.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
That purchase in itself just shows how tacky she is. It screams new money and yes, she could have spent that money on a stylist.
This style nonsense has been going on for years: Fleur, 2023 should be the end of your stars everywhere-ill fitting biker boots-oversized scarf era. Please. Do yourself a favor

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don't really have a problem with the oversized scarf wearing in general. I know they're not fashionable and they do swamp a petite figure but it's a comfort thing really. But a scarf that's basically a full-size billboard of the brand's name is just horrid! I feel the same about those massive ACNE scarves. So vulgar! Same with her boots that have the massive Chanel logos: OK, we get it, you spent thousands on a pair of calfskin boots but don't feel secure enough in yourself to just buy a comfortable, nice quality, classic pair you like.
I'm not a brands person though so I'm a bit biased maybe!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I am curious, is Fleur's family new rich? I thought her grandfather maybe built their fortune. By that standards, that's not new rich anymore, isn't it?

Reactions: 1
I am curious, is Fleur's family new rich? I thought her grandfather maybe built their fortune. By that standards, that's not new rich anymore, isn't it?
It probably depends which country you’re from. In England I would think two generations is still new money. In Australia or the US where the class system is more fluid, they’d probably be considered less nouveau riche (although I’d argue that the tackiness and label obsession marks them as new money wherever they are).

Reactions: 7
Whenever I think of Fleur's style and the whole 'new money' aesthetic that is so popular on Instagram I just want to rewatch Succession. A family of billionaires and not one visible designer logo among them!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.