Fleur De Force #8 Goodbye! Oh hey! Buy this crap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the same… and she’ll make it into a whole drama about giving birth on the hottest day on record, blah blah 😑
Isn’t her bday the 19th? I can’t see her wanting to spend her bday in hospital post c-section. I think she’ll have “one last day” of being spoilt in London for her bday and then pop over to St Mary’s to have the baby on the 20th.

Reactions: 7
Is it wrong to secretly hope he comes early and she has to have a vaginal birth?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Yes it is.
Plus she won’t even if that were the case
She usually shares quite a lot and she hasn’t shared why she is having a c section. So I’m assuming it’s just because she wants one. Obviously I could be wrong and of course I do not wish ill on her.

I more meant that everything is planned out and perfect for her and it would be nice if she experienced the unknown like the rest of us. Not knowing when the baby will come, if we’ll be admitted or if we have to wait at home for longer. Spending the night on the ward on our own not getting any sleep etc

Reactions: 1
She usually shares quite a lot and she hasn’t shared why she is having a c section. So I’m assuming it’s just because she wants one. Obviously I could be wrong and of course I do not wish ill on her.

I more meant that everything is planned out and perfect for her and it would be nice if she experienced the unknown like the rest of us. Not knowing when the baby will come, if we’ll be admitted or if we have to wait at home for longer. Spending the night on the ward on our own not getting any sleep etc
Honestly the many supposed reasons she is having a c section have already been discussed over the last few pages here (ie. Back pain, baby size etc etc). Regardless, even if she chose to because she "just wanted to" there is no problem. Why would you wish birth trauma on her? At the end of the day, we all have choices with how to birth, we just need to advocate for ourselves and our bodies. There is no shame in choosing different birthing options .

Reactions: 22
Honestly the many supposed reasons she is having a c section have already been discussed over the last few pages here (ie. Back pain, baby size etc etc). Regardless, even if she chose to because she "just wanted to" there is no problem. Why would you wish birth trauma on her? At the end of the day, we all have choices with how to birth, we just need to advocate for ourselves and our bodies. There is no shame in choosing different birthing options .
Ok ok I’m an hole. It was a passing comment. I didn’t think that deeply about it- I’m not wishing ‘birth trauma’.

Please not this again! She does not have to share why she is having a C section. And who actually cares what way the baby comes out? The fixation on this here is bizarre

Reactions: 19
Please not this again! She does not have to share why she is having a C section. And who actually cares what way the baby comes out? The fixation on this here is bizarre
Yes!

Let's get back to talking about how ugly her nursery is! I also don't understand the fixation with having thr nursery complete before the baby comes, sure he won't see ot for months as he'll be in with them!

Reactions: 7
Yes!

Let's get back to talking about how ugly her nursery is! I also don't understand the fixation with having thr nursery complete before the baby comes, sure he won't see ot for months as he'll be in with them!
I wouldn’t put it past her to put him straight into the nursery so the nanny can get to him without going into their room.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
😂sorry! Saw her put a story up about having her hospital bag ready in case baby decided to come early. Had a chuckle to myself thinking she would be in for a shock if she got wheeled into her local hospital and put a post up. Did not think it would escalate. Happy to chat about the prison cot now.

Reactions: 2
Last thing on the c section but at the end at the day whatever the reasons first time around she HAS had one now and actually often you have to fight to VBAC after a section a lot of the time. So the fact is a repeat one means it would be more likely she'd have one 2nd time even with NHS. Obv I know not definite because people do VBAC but often getting that choice is harder than the repeat section.

Reactions: 4
Yes!

This makes me sound lame but for various reasons including my lack of organisational skills I didn’t have a nursery read for either of my kids. I feel bad about it, like I didn’t have a proper baby experience. I know that is daft and I’m old enough to know better but I’m still subject to the influence of the perfect Insta life.

This makes me sound lame but for various reasons including my lack of organisational skills I didn’t have a nursery read for either of my kids. I feel bad about it, like I didn’t have a proper baby experience. I know that is daft and I’m old enough to know better but I’m still subject to the influence of the perfect Insta life.
Oh, please don’t be so hard on yourself. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with buying things when you know you need them, having the baby sleep in your room (or an unfinished nursery, they won’t notice) and play with you in the living area.

In fact, that’s how most of us mere mortals do it as we don’t have National Trust style mansions and absolutely nothing to do except sort through lorry loads of gifted crap.

Reactions: 9
I wouldn’t put it past her to put him straight into the nursery so the nanny can get to him without going into their room.
I'm so naive I hadn't even considered this!

As a first time mum I thought I needed all these things and bought into it all, when all my baby needed was somewhere to sleep, he didn't need a themed blue nursery with everything ready! You got to know ur baby too, so like I'd buy things as I went somewhat but definitely bought a lot of crap!

This. I don’t think baby 2 will actually sleep in Mike and Fleur‘s bedroom.
I really doubt they have a live-in nanny though. I can't imagine Fleur wanting someone else in the house in the early days, well i wouldn't

This has nothing to do with Fleur's birth preferences because like other's have said it doesn't need discussion. But is anyone else curious about whether they cut into the same scar multiple times over or if there is a new incision made?

They went into the same scar line with my second, as far as I can see, I’ve only one scar!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.