Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EllPee

She's become such a vacuous twit. I can't even imagine giving a crap about my side profile in amongst the mess that is the world right now. Bored and Botoxed Housewives of Northamptonshire here she comes.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Smca53

VIP Member
I hate it too, they are too thick and will never be crease-free and clean, especially with those non-behaved dogs. The germophobe in me cringes everytime when I see them rolling over the beddings or couches.
Regarding the pregnancy thing, I admit that I really thought she was, if I am being too curious, my bad. Like some of you said, she is an online personality, so she has to be aware of the fact that people will always speculate. Misscarriages are sad, but she doesn't bother changing her lifestyle habits (alcohol, coffeine, mostly vegan diet), does not bother with fixing any of her mistakes, but when someone mentions a baby, she is a victim all of a sudden. It is sad, but she has a healthy child, every other thing she wanted, yet is such a brat. When she became pregnant with River, she bragged about her carefree pregnancy, when the baby was born, she bragged of her being the best baby ever, so good, yet she could not wait to leave her to Mike and fly to States. She now got a taste of her own medicine, that's how many other women felt watching her being so ignorant about all of the good things in her life.
I am sure she will eventually have another child, I wish all the best for her, but I do feel there is something more to that story than we see. Even now, she doesn't seem too maternal to me and sometimes, she doesn't even seem too convincing about a topic of another baby.
I couldn’t agree more with this. Also, to add to my last post, my closest friend had to put her fertility treatment on hold - in the first instance because she works in a front line medical job dealing with covid patients, in an understaffed hospital, and then secondly so that she was able to get the vaccine safely to protect her patients and those she comes in to contact with. She has a number of friends in the medical profession in similar situations, where they’ve had to put fertility treatment on hold (or make a decision to hold off on trying to get pregnant because it’s not safe with their jobs).

So no, I don’t think selfish princess Fleur in her mega mansion and fake job ‘deserved’ a holiday to Dubai to deal with the stress of her fertility issues. Especially not when her and her family doing stupid stuff like that prolongs the fertility struggles of those working the front line - with her contributing to making the situation worse and their jobs harder! I wonder if she cares about the women in that situation? I really highly doubt it.

• Heart

Simba88

What was everybody saying last year? It is not enough to not be racist. You have to actively be ANTI RACIST. I would perhaps include within that, not attacking a WOC for something beyond her control. Using it an an opportunity for women to support women rather than tearing them down.

What is the actual negative impact on FDF of this headline being used? Nothing. So was it really worth sending her minions after a black women who got a magazine cover she was probably really proud of? Not in my opinion. I get that technically there is a breach of trademark but this could have been dealt with by lawyers privately. I don’t begrudge Fleur her right to enforce the trademark but I do judge her for her choices in how to deal with this situation.

• Heart

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
I am a dog person and it disgust me to see her filthy dogs on her white bed linen. That bed must reek.

• Haha

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
It's ironic that Fleur started out as one of the better-behaving influencers when it came to the virus (she seemed quite genuine in the beginning, although I suppose she only showed us what she wanted us to see!). Maybe after Dubaigate she just decided to stop caring as she's probably lost all the followers she's going to lose over it at this point.
I agree, pre-Dubai Fleur seemed genuine regarding Covid rules, lockdown etc, when she adopted a 'we're all in this together' stance in her lockdown vlogs. However, I now think, along with everything else, that was a lie. Fleur was probably doing whatever she wanted and visiting family all the time. I don't believe a word she says anymore. Remember, this is the woman who posted a picture 'from her garden' when she was actually in Dubai. She got caught out, but who knows what else she lied about and got away with. Fleur does whatever she wants. She used to play it safe but she's had a very DGAF attitude since Dubai. She's not hiding anymore.

• Heart

dee_mc

VIP Member
Surely any ‘staycation’ is a downgrade from her actual home?
I suppose it's the equivalent of people who live in normal houses going camping: living more simply, going back to basics. Like the Queen going to Balmoral. Slumming it.
😁

• Haha

VivaRosé

Right I don’t like Fleur at all anymore but I genuinely don’t think this is race-motivated for her. I think she would have done it no matter what race the person was.

What I DO think is that she wouldn’t have done it if she’d considered the other person to be more influential or of a higher class than her, someone with more power. Which is probably why she’s taking public issue with FE rather than the actual publisher of the headline. She’d only take such a stance against someone she considered herself to be better than.
I don't particularly think it was a race motivated move BUT if say it had been Zoella, or the Anna edit or even Emily Canham would she have tagged them with the text 'it's litterally my trademark" without tagging the magazine and then went and wrote 'oh hey' on their page, I highly doubt it.

So race will come into it, plus she hasn't exactly come out and said it's nothing to do with Fleur East. So the way it looks is that she sent hate to a woc on the day she landed a front cover magazine.

I don't think she is outright racist but she for sure look down on people and this time it happens to be FE.

Silly Sausage

VIP Member
Fleur has the trademarks and easy access to lawyers. She just needed a bit of drama and attention instead of waiting until Monday to have her lawyers contact the magazine directly. It’s incredibly unprofessional to intentionally sick her stans on Fleur East 🙄 Very bitchy move

Rosie2019

I got the feeling that the jewellery launch got pushed back because of the Dubai debacle. Can none of them think of an original idea. They all did shit books at the same time, then makeup brands and now jewellery. Who buys this tat?

Lovely

Chatty Member
Race has everything to do with it. Because we're in an industry, a world, where black women are constantly ignored and put down and given fewer opportunities.

Fleur KNEW that by saying "lol, you got the wrong Fleur" that her stans would go over to FE's account and start harassing her. She COULDN'T, like so many white people out there, let a black woman have her moment - she had to piss all over it and remind the black woman that SHE is the original, the OG, the REAL THING.

Anyone with a smidgen of understanding of race relations and what black people have to put up with on a daily basis would know that this is TEXTBOOK knocking down of not just another woman (because internalised misogyny sees other women as competition) but also textbook white privilege - ie. remember, world, I'm BETTER than this person, I'M the real deal. Don't pay attention to this one, don't forget me, the REAL DEAL. It just screams every day racism and it's cringeworthy and shameful.
But the magazine effectively stole Fleur's trademark...is she supposed to ignore that because it happened to be used on a cover that featured a black woman? Would it have been OK for her to call out a white woman? I have a pretty good understanding of race relations as a close member of my family is mixed race and I've seen first-hand the racism she has, and continues, to experience. I still don't see how bringing race into this situation is relevant. It sounds like you're just looking for a reason for Fleur to be racist (I know some people were going for that angle a few pages back...it seems that Fleur simply existing as a white woman makes her racist). There are a LOT of issues with Fleur, but her defending her legally protected trademark isn't one of them.

SayNoMore12

VIP Member
Haha Fleur saying something is dorky when all her fashion "style" is actually dorky af, lucky she doesn't live in Australia, my wee nephew uses this cap with neck cover that turn out to be part of his school uniform and he looks cute. Some parents actually look after their kids and don't limit themselves on apply a shitty gifted spf, I still remember how bitchy and mean Fleur was with River the first two years so I guess she doesn't mind she gets all burnt just to get her £££.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Oh it annoyed her that a magazine used "her" phrase for another Fleur? Good. No, in this case I don't care about her royal highness' rights or whatever. She should laugh it off and not have added the second story about her being annoyed. You're not Taylor Swift, sweetie. Oh, and nobody will confuse Fleur East with you.

OMG, she actually commented underneath Fleur East's post, what a passive-aggressive thing to do. What do you want Fleur, an apology from a black woman for having the audacity for having the same name?? I doubt SHE came up with the cover title.

• Heart

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
Just signed up to say this… anyone notice in the latest story about the mural in River’s wardrobe, the private/ prep school boater hat? Given how the education system maximises and perpetuates the class and wealth divide I can’t say I’m surprised but it makes me livid. I know parental choice exists but I never see her speaking out about the massive amount of inequality in the UK and it disappoints me that she wants to help fund and facilitate a system that causes so much suffering for people in both state and private schools. I asked her if she’s sending River to a private school on her most recent Instagram Q&A and of course she ignored me. The education system is one of the core reasons why British society is so divided and meritocracy doesn’t exist
Im 99% sure that hat is from Zara.
I’m also 99% sure River will go to private school.

Calabria

VIP Member
I've always wondered this too! I'm fascinated by people who wear full outfits and have their hair and makeup done for a day at home. If I'm home all day I'm rarely even wearing a bra 🤣
I spent the last year wearing a selection of leggings, hoodies, and slipper socks. Saw a meme post yesterday about how would you feel if you died now and what you were wearing was your forever ghost outfit. Momentarily felt shame about the lack of a bra but then got back to giving no fucks 🤣

• Haha

Smca53

VIP Member
I always wonder what people who get surgery like this think about their kids having those same features. Like “oh sorry little bug, mummy used to have the same shaped nose as you but I hated it so much that I got crap injected in to my face”. Cue a major complex.

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Wow. Imagine being such a spoiled brat that you have all that and it's still not enough - so much so that you have to jet off on holiday in the middle of a pandemic.

Reactions: 24