Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

gossipygertie

@MrsSlocombe I agree with the point that things seem pretty off, if anything the quints seem more whingey and whiney than they used to, almost to the point where I can’t watch much of their vlogs anymore.

Reactions: 2

gossipygertie

I wonder how they are making money now, it could hardly be YouTube considering each of them has around 10 thousand views per video and maybe Jamie get some paid promotions but it would be tight.
---
@nahthankx I check it out and yes I agree, Jamie seems well over Skylar and his family.

Last edited:

nahthankx

I listened to Shaye and Amanda's full Mormon Stories podcast, both parts. It was really inciteful and I understand their position a little more now.
also Amanda used she/her a couple times for Shaye.

I wish them both happiness!

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
I hope he's up to something worthwhile- not that I think reassimilation would be- poor Jamie is doing an awful lot on her own and doesn't seem to have much money. Meanwhile Skylar was taking that awful Danna woman on holidays and is now apparently in Costa Rica.

I wasn't a Jamie fan but Skylar is seeming pretty deadbeat.
Jamie does seem short of money - she still doesn't appear to have any type of regular job though,?

olliebear

I was always doubtful that Jamie would be posting on Wednesdays. She just seems like she has wanted privacy for her family and certainly not set them up for scrutiny. Did anyone else find it strange that Skylar seemed so nervous in his last post and that he also had Heather AND Shay with him? Heather seemed nervous, too. My heart goes out to Jamie.

lokencrepis

Interesting @lokencrepis there are a lot of ex Mormons over on tick-tock, quite fascinating (to a point!) to hear their stories. I did wonder if it was a religious difference.
They do seem to be seeing a lot more of Skylars family now.
The Mormon church and the mass exodus of said church absolutely fascinating to me, coming from the Church of England, where faith is very low key and private... mormons blow my mind.

I think that's a very distinct possibility. If Skylar is gay, and has left the church... that's a nail in the coffin. From what I could tell, it seems like his family is 'less' mormon that Jamies'. Jamie's grandma is younger than mine by over a decade, and I'm only 23. So evidently their family has done the 'get married early, have babies - repeat cycle', or her grandmother would not be in her 80s. That's a very mormon thing to do, from what I can tell. It's just a theory... but I think it makes sense.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
Totally agree, Amanda seems like such a lovely lady, well educated, well spoken, fantastic mum, works hard, creates home made clothes etc for her children, they don’t overshare their kids on the internet or invade their privacy either. I hope she’s ok and she finds happiness what ever that may look like for her

I really hope youtube doesn’t change her or she starts sharing too much of her kids because that would be really sad
I really hope that she doesn't feel that she has to pretend that she is totally okay with it all just for the sake of trying to keep their family together. Shay should absolutely be whoever he is without any pretense, but she also has the right to be herself as well. She is intelligent and educated, but has only recently left the restrictions and control of the Mormon Church - I think that it may take her some time to realise that she has a right to put herself first, and what is good/ right for her and looking after herself, is what will be right for the kids.

LNDR

I watched it as well. I did pick up that he talked about mental health issues as a contributing factor though - I wonder if it was Jamie's or his? Neither of them seem to be working outside out youtube which is ridiculous (He talked about youtube allowing them both to be stay at home parents). I actually think that he would do quite well just doing his own social media stuff. He's more 'likeable' than Jamie on social media and whilst I used to find him quite hyper and all over the place at times which made him hard to watch, he seems to have calmed down a bit? I know that he has started his own stuff, but he is still currently persisting with the fivetwolove stuff as well. It's time to give it up, and to stop using the quints for income.
I really like him and find him really genuine and usually hilarious. How disgustingly creepy are the viewers that demand “less of you talking and more just of the quints” whenever either he or Jamie try and make it the blog about something else besides the quints. That would freak me the hell out - like they have viewers with a creepy quint fetish and they’re handing them up on a platter - vomit.
Good on him for trying to change the focus to a more general channel. I think he would do really well solo.

Eliza-Ann

Chatty Member
Me either I find her very judgemental and needy . Plus the LDS stuff is WAY TOO WEIRD for my liking . I'm glad Skyler escaped and is able to heal from his life of indoctrination
Yes perfect words.
I hope those kids are allowed to make a mess at home, get clothes dirty etc.

Catt

I understand your view Mrs S but I think they are better and more respectful than a lot of vloggers out there, they don’t ram a videocamera in their kids face 24/7 and it’s just a small snippet of a day.

As their split had shown, who knows what happens behind closed doors they may have to go back to work and i am sure there will come a day where the kids will say the don’t want to be filmed

gossipygertie

Has anyone else been watching Montanna Danna’s recent vids in which she talks about dating Skylar?
She seems very nice and I think they make a fun couple who seem to have similar personalities.
But I wonder if a single almost 40 year old woman living in a van and travelling and just generally being a free spirit can really deal with all his kids, who at times seem pretty whiney and annoying.

mfch

I guess that’s their audience. The comments are gross. I don’t blame Skylar at all and I actually think he’s quite brave. Those kids are more likely to grow up to be people who live their lives on their terms, not stepford wives with no career like their mother.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
I was on YouTube the other day and one of my video suggestions was Great Scott's? (I believe it's Skylars brothers channel - they used to mention it a while back) 'why we left the Mormon church' so I'm even more sure that's the reason for the split.
I just went and watched that. So Shay has gender dsyphoria and is gay? I actually found the vlog to be very scripted BS. Notice that they are never talking to the camera together. Amanda also bleats on that she loves Shay more than ever and they have found freedom by leaving the church blah blah blah. Their marriage must be in crisis and Shay must still be controlling her to be putting out this narrative. She talked about going to the Utah Pride parade - that it was beautiful and now she loves more people. What about the bombshell of her husband having gender dsyphoria and being gay? I hope that she finds the strength to have her own life - her participation in this vlog is part of her attempts to convince herself that life is wonderful and it's all okay.

Lady montague

I wonder if jamie has had some sort of breakdown (i hope i am wrong) and has pushed everyone away temporarily. It can happen that people can wake up one day and not want to be in the life they are in. Or depression etc can cause this. I doubt that either of them would have had time or energy for an affair.

gossipygertie

Maybe it depends on your definition of “homesteading” but mine is being largely self sufficient, with quite traditional values and ways of living, including homeschooling and it’s usually associated with being religious.
I don’t think of it as “fun” - it sounds like a lot of hard work, especially for women.

It is weird that Skylar wanted to move so far away from family, when Jamie seems close to her family.
I think it’s a fair question to ask why he wanted to do that.

Tobi

I've noticed the portrayal of "perfectionism" on many of the Mormon vlogs and it drives me nuts. Always happy, positive, calling people "sweet" , etc.....that's just not real life!