Five Two Love Scott Family Quintuplets

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love how when they're with their dad they just look like 'normal' kids. There is something weird about dressing them all in identikit prarie outfits. Its really quite creepy to make them all so squeaky clean and perfect, they're 4 for goodness sake! They should already have found their own little identities and their likes and dislikes with clothing now. I know I had some very strong opinions about what I wore at their age!
I agree. I always thought the social media stuff was more Skyler's decision, and Jamie just wanted to be a mum. But having watched since they seperated it seems like although he enjoys filming and sharing their life he actually wants them to be normal children, where as Jamie wants perfect children who pose for instagram photos and always look perfect. Look at the difference here. They're just spending time in their back gardens, there's no need for the matching white outfits, it's ridiculous.

1649946060117.png

1649946228327.png

Reactions: 3
I feel this has something to do with Mormonism and faith crises ...
And it is strange to see his side of the family now is in the vlogs.." He he" has been there alot, but not so much anyone else... And Jamie's family is now back in the vlogs too.. maybe it's just a coincidence, but I don't think so. Some conflict must have been there, between their families.
I feel so bad for all those children... But if Skylar has left the cult, I'm all in , then he do open up the children's life to a better future... It's strange though, cos they just keep smiling to their camera, but must go through a really hard time, all if them.
They should stop vlogging their children now, they can both work at least 50% now..and maybe do something with their channel that doesn't show the kids.
They don't seems to like it very much eighter.
But He have bought this new beautiful home now . And she lives in the "old" one.. there must be other income in the mix here too, I think. ... Cos their vlogs doesn't make them that much money?
What do you think?
I remember that Skylars brother, Shaye, worked as a videographer for the Piano Guys. Skylar used to be a Commercial Real Estate Appraiser, but quit before the quints were born. I can only imagine they had to have had enough money saved to be able to cover the loss of Skylars job... knowing Skylar wouldn't be going back to work for a really long time - no matter what happened with their youtube, he would have had to be home with the quints for at least a year or 2.

So with savings, plus perhaps being landlords? They're already involved in real estate, so it's not beyond that they own properties. I think that would cover their lifestyle. It's not like either of them are jumping to go back to work, Skylar has just bought a rather large house and Jamie will either continue renting or will be buying her own. That's a heck of a lot of liquid cash needed to buy houses, maintain 6 younger kids AND maybe be sending a child to university. Those youtube videos will be getting somewhere between 500-2000 dollars. Sponsorships... who knows? anywhere from £5000 up. For a single person, thats a lot of money, for a family of 9??? I literally have no clue how much money it takes for keeping 7 kids in food, clothes and shelter?

Given their views have spiralled as the kids are growing up, they cannot rely on youtube for their income. They are simply not interesting enough, I'm sure they're lovely people, but there isn't anything particularly entertaining about them. Thats before you think about how their young kids are essentially being exploited while there are two perfectly able parents who are not working. Youtube isn't just an easy job that is flexible around kids and family life, its exploiting the lives of children. Mark my words there will be some bestselling books coming from these various youtube kids.

Skylar and Jamie used to take in foster care kids, I'm not sure how it works in America, but I have heard that the money you receive for fostering more than covers the cost of the child? Am I right in thinking that?

I agree. I always thought the social media stuff was more Skyler's decision, and Jamie just wanted to be a mum. But having watched since they seperated it seems like although he enjoys filming and sharing their life he actually wants them to be normal children, where as Jamie wants perfect children who pose for instagram photos and always look perfect. Look at the difference here. They're just spending time in their back gardens, there's no need for the matching white outfits, it's ridiculous.

View attachment 1193976
View attachment 1193980
I thought the exact same as you. That it was Skylar pushing it all. But Jamie just seems to want perfect cookie cutter children, it seriously creeps me out. Why isn't she just letting them be kids? Let them wear silly superhero outfits, mad dress up, mismatched outfits and let those little imaginations shine! But no.... they have to be perfect, no personality showing and no independence or individual thought. There is no need for matching outfits, imo ever, but certainly not every day.

Maybe part of the reason for the separation was their mismatched parenting style? I can imagine suddenly having 5 kids all at once, really uncovers peoples en masse parenting style!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I thought the exact same as you. That it was Skylar pushing it all. But Jamie just seems to want perfect cookie cutter children, it seriously creeps me out.
Although separations are difficult, especially in the public eye. I think this could be the making of Skyler. He's been able to show a completely different side to himself, and is giving the quints the chance to express their personalities. I still don't like the exploitation of their children, but the split has definitely shown me that Jamie wasn't opposed to it, like I first thought.

Reactions: 5
Yeah I agree that I think Skylar was moving away from the Mormonism, and the whole perfect image that seems to come along with it.
Just in the last few videos he has seemed more relaxed and like a regular guy.

Is there Mormon thing about wearing oversized hair bows?! I was happy for the kids when they all went to Walmart to choose their own swimmers. Individuality.

Reactions: 6
I always thought the house Jamie is in that they actually bought that house. I remember their previous house was rented for a short time but I really thought they bought the house Jamie lives in.
I remember the video that said they bought it.

Yeah I agree that I think Skylar was moving away from the Mormonism, and the whole perfect image that seems to come along with it.
Just in the last few videos he has seemed more relaxed and like a regular guy.

Is there Mormon thing about wearing oversized hair bows?! I was happy for the kids when they all went to Walmart to choose their own swimmers. Individuality.
It seems like Mormons really work to look and be sweet and perfect. The whole family shall look perfect..modesty is huge it seems like... And just seeing Jamie.. she is picture perfect in the Mormons eye ,I think.. so loving ,always smiling even if she is totally exhausted, and overwhelmed.. dressed modest very loving mom...I think she is brought up like that, and it is her way of living. But not showing very much personality..

Has anyone noticed in the latest vlog that Skylar has shaved his head? It seems a bit weird - he has a receding hairline but wasn't really going bald apart from that? Possibly a bit out there, but his ongoing voice thing is odd - is he having treatment for cancer?

Reactions: 1
I've noticed the portrayal of "perfectionism" on many of the Mormon vlogs and it drives me nuts. Always happy, positive, calling people "sweet" , etc.....that's just not real life!

Reactions: 2
Has anyone noticed in the latest vlog that Skylar has shaved his head? It seems a bit weird - he has a receding hairline but wasn't really going bald apart from that? Possibly a bit out there, but his ongoing voice thing is odd - is he having treatment for cancer?
Maybe he is just experimenting with not having to look totally perfect all the time, now he is not with Mrs Perfect. Or maybe the kids came home from preschool with nits and gave him nits. Or it might be part of exploring his sexuality.
He doesn’t look sick to me, still beefy!

Maybe he is just experimenting with not having to look totally perfect all the time, now he is not with Mrs Perfect. Or maybe the kids came home from preschool with nits and gave him nits. Or it might be part of exploring his sexuality.
He doesn’t look sick to me, still beefy!
or he just felt like it haha.

Could be a total coincidence but this is written by Skylars, Sister in Law. She is married to Shay, Skylars brother. Lots of speculation but i wouldnt be suprised if this was aimed at Skylar.
wow holy smokes!!!! Good pick up, it is like they are inferring a close family member came out. Glad his family are supportive of that is the case.

Reactions: 2
It would be interesting to know what really went on. Good on Skylar to some degree I guess if he has found himself/ is being more honest about who he is, but he is still a scummy parent for selling his kids out for income. Can you imagine how screwed up those kids are going to be when they are older and they realise how much of their lives are online and that they were used for years as the family's only source of income because of their 'oddity' if being quints?

Gahhh! I am so dang nosy, I just wanna know!! Good catch with the sis in law'spost.

I guess time will tell. Eventually Skylar will re-partner and that will provide some clue!

Reactions: 3
This family have been through a lot and even though they’ve presented themselves as the perfect Mormon family, I’m sure they’ve endured a lot of stress. It’s difficult enough caring for one baby let alone five, plus having to deal with the needs of two teen boys. Jamie also had medical issues which must’ve put a strain on their life too. off course, all they’ve vlogged has been the nice stuff where everything is perfect. Unfortunately life isn’t like that.
People grow apart sometimes or one partner falls out of love with the other. I noticed a while ago that Jamie was mentioning religion much more and was talking about attending some religious weekend. Maybe they are having differing views because of that.
I have to say I’ve never thought of Skylar as being gay, but if he is and he’s being honest to himself, then fair play. Some Mormons might not agree with homosexuality, but Utah has a huge Pride March every year, so obviously not all are bigoted.
It’s sad they have split and maybe in time we will find out why, but maybe their relationship was toxic and they are better off being apart.