Five Two Love Scott Family Quintuplets

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

New video from Jamie. She obviously has not appreciated Skylar's videos.
The comment about the ten acres in Waco and homesteading was so interesting. I know that wasn't the turning point but it seems like Skylar wanted to run off to some place and live this certain lifestyle that she didn't.
I thought that she did it very tastefully - obviously in response to his videos though.

Reactions: 2
Wow 😮 yes she did a great job. She definitely comes across much better on her own channel doing things her own way.

New video from Jamie. She obviously has not appreciated Skylar's videos.
The comment about the ten acres in Waco and homesteading was so interesting. I know that wasn't the turning point but it seems like Skylar wanted to run off to some place and live this certain lifestyle that she didn't.
Felt to me, like this was the next way he was planning on keeping the vlogging and online thing going. The kids getting older, there needed to be a new way to keep up the views.
I also have probably watched too much TV, but I wonder if he had the whole sister wife idea going on there.......

Yes I wondered that too - if the move to Waco and taking up homesteading was a way to keep up the views on YouTube.

The sister wife idea!

When I first started watching when they were born, I thought he was the "fun dad" and she was the "tense" mom. Now I see Jamie was just exhausted.

I was shocked when Skylar was posting such intimate details about their life (basically not knowing Jamie well before they were married and having nothing in common).

Reactions: 1
I definitely don’t agree with the sister wife thing. Remember he’s had a crisis of faith and isn’t LDS anymore. That isn’t (just) related to the divorce but also to Shay.

I do think he probably wanted a fun homestead and homeschooling thing and there’s nothing wrong with that except it isn’t Jamie at all, and that’s okay.

Doesn’t make either of them bad people, just makes them incompatible. I do think that he was blindsided that she left him and then has found it much harder than her.

She’s not my kind of person but I respect her.

Reactions: 4
Maybe it depends on your definition of “homesteading” but mine is being largely self sufficient, with quite traditional values and ways of living, including homeschooling and it’s usually associated with being religious.
I don’t think of it as “fun” - it sounds like a lot of hard work, especially for women.

It is weird that Skylar wanted to move so far away from family, when Jamie seems close to her family.
I think it’s a fair question to ask why he wanted to do that.

Maybe it depends on your definition of “homesteading” but mine is being largely self sufficient, with quite traditional values and ways of living, including homeschooling and it’s usually associated with being religious.
I don’t think of it as “fun” - it sounds like a lot of hard work, especially for women.

It is weird that Skylar wanted to move so far away from family, when Jamie seems close to her family.
I think it’s a fair question to ask why he wanted to do that.
you hit the nail on the head...the homeschooling would have fell on her. and she has been open about one of the boys having a sensory processing disorder & I am sure there's other things there as well that a school program is probably helpful for.

I do feel like for many women the whole “homesteading” lifestyle would be a massive trap into constant hard work and playing strict traditional gender roles, while being isolated to a large extent on your rural property.

I don’t know if anyone follows fellow Mormon Ballerina Farm, but look at them. Mum constantly pregnant, making bread, butter from scratch, a pack of kids constantly under foot. Constantly cooking food and milking cows. Meanwhile dads off doing proper man farmer stuff, like tending to the hogs.

I still think the divorce was to do with him standing by his Brother, now Sister Shay. He left the church and stood by Shay and because Jamie could never accept it divorce was the only option.

Reactions: 3
I still think the divorce was to do with him standing by his Brother, now Sister Shay. He left the church and stood by Shay and because Jamie could never accept it divorce was the only option.
errr no!
Did you watch Jamie’s recent vlog about why she choose to divorce? She was quite clear and open and said religion had little to do with it.

errr no!
Did you watch Jamie’s recent vlog about why she choose to divorce? She was quite clear and open and said religion had little to do with it.
I watched it and didn’t think she was particularly believable. Being LDS, your marriage has everything to do with religion. As does your divorce. They sealed an eternal, celestial covenant. When she said they were on different paths in life I’m sure it went far deeper than disagreements about where to live or how to educate your children. I don’t think either of them have been completely transparent about the reasons behind the divorce.

errr no!
Religion has everything to do with it. The LBGTQ community is totally ostracized by Mormon beliefs. He left the church, she hasn't. He left because he chose to standby his sister Shay. He most probably was told he was leaving church by his Elders and Bishops. That doesn't mean he cant still have a faith but Mormons want nothing on their vlogs to tarnish their reputation. I still think Skylar is gay n he just doesnt know it yet. If your gay and Mormon you will have to suppress every feeling you have. Jamie hasnt been honest at all neither of them are. Theres alot more too it. They are both just trying to pretend everything is good and they are totally happy.

She did not say religion had nothing to do with it. It absolutely did. He had a crisis of faith and is no longer Mormon. That would be a big deal for Jamie regardless.
He also supported his sister transitioning. That's a massive deal. LDS aren't exactly trans positive!!!

I do not think Skylar is gay and I think it's really problematic to speculate about people's sexuality anyway. I also think he's been absolutely inappropriate with what he has shared and how he has behaved, the fast relationship, all of it. He is not blameless at all.

Ultimately they are incompatible. Neither is a bad person for that. The only thing that makes them 'bad' is monetizing their children on the internet.

Reactions: 4
New vlog out from the Great Scotts (Shay and Amanda). Interesting (and somewhat odd) that Skylar is mentioned twice as a father/ single parent of quintuplets rather than a father of 7 kids? Amanda to her credit did mention Jamie - but Shay did not. I think that we've all guessed that Jamie wouldn't be on board with the whole transgender thing giving that she has stayed in the Mormon faith - that's her right to do so though. (Oh and I still think that Shay will get to a point where she wants to be in a relationship with a man and will dump an incredibly heart broken Amanda at that point - Amanda is Shay's comfort blanket at the moment)

New vlog out from the Great Scotts (Shay and Amanda). Interesting (and somewhat odd) that Skylar is mentioned twice as a father/ single parent of quintuplets rather than a father of 7 kids? Amanda to her credit did mention Jamie - but Shay did not. I think that we've all guessed that Jamie wouldn't be on board with the whole transgender thing giving that she has stayed in the Mormon faith - that's her right to do so though. (Oh and I still think that Shay will get to a point where she wants to be in a relationship with a man and will dump an incredibly heart broken Amanda at that point - Amanda is Shay's comfort blanket at the moment)
Shaye could be a transgender female who is lesbian...just because she's female doesn't mean she will automatically want to be with men. If anything it's Amanda who has outwardly expressed herself as "straight" so maybe she wont want to be with a woman?
It's complicated I'm sure.

• Wow
I was heartbroken to watch Skylars video on leaving the Mormon church. What a brave video that must have been to post.

Very moving. I know Skylar's been criticised for going to South America and for being very public with his last girlfriend. Honestly the criticism is fair enough, both decisions were questionable. But his video just got me thinking about how leaving the Mormon church must really be like starting your life from scratch. Rewiring your brain, healing trauma that is so deeply ingrained. Perhaps it’s no wonder he had to get away or that he's making mistakes in the process.

He did an excellent job expressing himself and what life as a Mormon is really like. I have a deep seated fascination with Mormonism. What happens within the church is mind blowing. A few things to mention are they have to wear special underwear, they keep things secret until you are in a ceremony, they baptise the dead (children from age 12. Not forgetting the garments that no one tells kids about that you have to get married in. Its all very hush hush. Families do not share what happens in the temple with children, they only find out when they are old enough to go in and take the interview like Skylar had to. His analogy of the Truman Show was perfect!

Attachments

This is what I meant when people were being super critical of him upthread. He’s made some questionable choices but he’s also been incredibly brave.