Fitness intagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This! I was exactly the same, used to like her content and found it quite interesting a varied. More recently though she just became another one of those “perfect” instagrammers who made me feel a bit tit about myself so I had to unfollow!

I’m also paying for the three months. I like her workouts and have found they’ve made a difference but I just find her soo irritating. She thinks she’s hilarious - she’s so over exaggerated that at 8am sometimes I feel like just turning it off 😂

Agree about the rudeness too. The way she speaks on her lives and replying to comments sometimes 😳 Someone commented at the start of her live the other day something along the lines of “so sore from yesterday but ready to go!” and she pretty much barked back “we’re all sore shut up moaning and just deal with it”
can someone make her own thread please? As I can’t do it

What the actual fcuk has Jade Joselyn done to her face though?! These instagrammers who get lip filler then lose a tit load of weight (20+kg in 5 months!) forget their face gets smaller and lips look even bigger! 🙈

Also, WHY is Jade flying to Romania (from Bali), Italy and now on to Portugal for bodybuilding shows in a pandemic ffs?!! She looks I'LL! she looks so pale and lifeless due to malnutrition 🤦🏼‍♀️

Attachments

Reactions: 2
What the actual fcuk has Jade Joselyn done to her face though?! These instagrammers who get lip filler then lose a tit load of weight (20+kg in 5 months!) forget their face gets smaller and lips look even bigger! 🙈

Also, WHY is Jade flying to Romania (from Bali), Italy and now on to Portugal for bodybuilding shows in a pandemic ffs?!! She looks I'LL! she looks so pale and lifeless due to malnutrition 🤦🏼‍♀️
She looks awful it’s so unhealthy! Plus her fake boobs look ridiculous like they’re glued on. Fair enough if that’s what makes her happy but I don’t get how starving yourself to look like a skeleton is a achievement. She has some muscle mass but the main reason that’s visible is because her body fat is dangerously low

I can't remember if anyone has mentioned her previously - but at the moment I'm enjoying the food medic.
I don't follow her fitness videos, just the food. But she seems a little... smug. I just can't warm to her.

Nice that she offers her programme for free but the workouts/programmes are really badly structured. As far as I’m aware she’s got no qualifications - shown by the reps she says to do and terrible form in some exercises. Seen quite a few professionals rightly criticise her - personally think it’s a shame she’s blown up when there’s people who’ve worked/studied for years to put together well researched programmes. She spreads false/potentially dangerous information that she’s clearly just quickly googled and hasn’t thoroughly researched. Yes her shreds work for people but it’ll mostly be those who don’t workout regularly and get ‘newbie gains’.
Her workouts seem really popular. I'm currently looking around and i like her down to earth style compared to those overly polished professionals. I can't remember her name but one 'qualified professionals' had to give her a grovelling apology on you tube for harrassing her. She got a warning from youtube so was left with no choice. She also had two other 'professionals' harrassing her on instagram that she outed. I wonder why they feel so threatened. How qualified do they need to be when its just basic exercises.

Reactions: 1
Hey 👋 does anyone follow Caroline girvan on YT I started following her at the start of the first lockdown, she’s absolutely brilliant 👍🏻 I highly recommend her

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey 👋 does anyone follow Caroline girvan on YT I started following her at the start of the first lockdown, she’s absolutely brilliant 👍🏻 I highly recommend her
Yes!!! She’s great and seems so nice and knowledgable. I’ve got a lot of her workouts on my “to do”, I also like Sydney Cummings. I’m doing Lilly Sabris 7 day challenge at the moment, but my one niggle about Lilly Sabris programs is how her workouts don’t feel very balanced to me? There’s so much focus on butt and legs but I want to feel strong all over. Is this just me? 🤔

Reactions: 3
Yes!!! She’s great and seems so nice and knowledgable. I’ve got a lot of her workouts on my “to do”, I also like Sydney Cummings. I’m doing Lilly Sabris 7 day challenge at the moment, but my one niggle about Lilly Sabris programs is how her workouts don’t feel very balanced to me? There’s so much focus on butt and legs but I want to feel strong all over. Is this just me? 🤔
Oh I’ll need to have a wee look at ones you have mentioned 👍🏻

If I hear Jade Joselyn say either of the following phrases ONE MORE TIME 🤬🤬🤬🤬

"Im really grateful to be here"
"Believe in yourself"
"Im so lucky to have a healthy body and mindset" (do you really though Jade?!!)
"Be your best self"

I stupidly watched her latest vlog thinking I might get some meal ideas.... no chance! All she eats is green beans with white fish and the odd protein shake! 🤦‍♀️

I'm surprised you guys are just commenting on Jade Joselyn's lips. I don't think that's the main issue, it's her chin and jaws that are starting to look a bit masculine, clearly from using some type of PED's. It's not surprising at all since that's what the vast majority of fitness competitors are doing anyway (obviously not disclosing it though), but it's not treating her face that well...

I'm surprised you guys are just commenting on Jade Joselyn's lips. I don't think that's the main issue, it's her chin and jaws that are starting to look a bit masculine, clearly from using some type of PED's. It's not surprising at all since that's what the vast majority of fitness competitors are doing anyway (obviously not disclosing it though), but it's not treating her face that well...
Good point! I hadn't thought of her using PEDs but I think you could be right.

Surely if she had used PEDs though, she'd have placed better than she did last time? She did the same shows 2 years ago and didn't improve her placing this time? (Which was second in all three shows).

🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Surely if she had used PEDs though, she'd have placed better than she did last time? She did the same shows 2 years ago and didn't improve her placing this time? (Which was second in all three shows).

🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
Not really, if it's a competitive class then you can basically assume most of the other girls are on PED's too. I'm not talking about like outrageous steroids that bodybuilders use, just Anavar or Clen or the basics lol. They'll just help the girls to lose the weight fast and still maintain some muscle. In Jade's case I don't think she has an ideal build for bikini since she's quite straight up and down. The naturally curvier girls will have an advantage over her, no matter how hard she works.

Sohee Fit! She’s qualified and not a teenager/not in her twenties, which I really love. It isn’t all about aesthetics with her; she’s big on self-acceptance and self-love rather than reaching an ideal and her practice is informed by her training and by science. Bret Contreras used to date her and it came out that he was awful to her, abusive. I bet she’ll know a lot of the information he is famous for sharing, so I can get all the “glute guy” logic from someone that I actually like and also not fund an abuser.

I recently unfollowed all the typical “influencers” i previously followed unless I felt they really help me (e.g. really good fashion sense I could copy, interior design tips that are financially realistic, good mental health advice). They get money from engagement so I don’t want to follow and therefore fund anyone whose content I think is stupid or damaging. I basically follow no fitness influencers now other than Sohee and Mattie Rogers. I think if you feel bad referring to them as “fitness influencers” and “fitness expert/professional” describes them more accurately, then that’s a good first step in measuring their worthiness of your attention :)

Reactions: 4
Sohee Fit! She’s qualified and not a teenager/not in her twenties, which I really love. It isn’t all about aesthetics with her; she’s big on self-acceptance and self-love rather than reaching an ideal and her practice is informed by her training and by science. Bret Contreras used to date her and it came out that he was awful to her, abusive. I bet she’ll know a lot of the information he is famous for sharing, so I can get all the “glute guy” logic from someone that I actually like and also not fund an abuser.

I recently unfollowed all the typical “influencers” i previously followed unless I felt they really help me (e.g. really good fashion sense I could copy, interior design tips that are financially realistic, good mental health advice). They get money from engagement so I don’t want to follow and therefore fund anyone whose content I think is stupid or damaging. I basically follow no fitness influencers now other than Sohee and Mattie Rogers. I think if you feel bad referring to them as “fitness influencers” and “fitness expert/professional” describes them more accurately, then that’s a good first step in measuring their worthiness of your attention :)
I love Sohee and Ben too! They’re both so genuine and only interested in helping people and living their own lives happily. I’m sick of everyone else

Sohee is my literal FAVE! She’s very intelligent and references studies a lot, so you know she’s the real deal. Genuinely likeable and has some great content!!! I screenshot so much of her stuff.

I am trying to follow less influencers and more fitness professionals or people who actually add value to my life, not pretty girls with nice bodies trying to sell me stuff, so if anyone else has any smart, informative and inspirational people to follow let me know!

Another fave of mine is Sami Rose. She’s a trainer and a counsellor I think now too so she posts a lot of body image stuff and is really good with balance and fitness that’s all about feeling good and bettering mental health etc. She’s mid-size and really relatable for me, I can’t deal with shredded influencers posting their skin rolls and talking about how hard it is to show us these flaws 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.