First World Problems

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All this tech has made people feel so entitled to others I think.
I always have my camera off. I don't care what people say to be honest because WFH has triggered a whole new level of scrutiny. I find it rude that people feel entitled to have a peak at my private space (meaning my apartment). I'm not comfortable having my camera on and no one is going to force me to. I'm here, I deliver the work, very responsive to my emails & IMs. There should be no problem with having your camera off. This new set of codes is laughable.
Totally agree! I wish I could go audio full-time 😆 It’s been mentioned in a disciplinary sense though so it’s not an option. Some people act like you’re bullying them off camera or something 🤣 I’m probably just looking knackered after a workout and don’t want to see my mush staring back at me. People who know me know I will never FaceTime so having to do it for colleagues is a big ask!

Reactions: 2
The number of different light switches in hotel rooms. There’s lamps, walls lights, reading lights and ceiling lights. Which one do I switch off in bed to put them all out without switching the rest back on 🤔

Reactions: 10
I want to take up skateboarding but don’t have the money to set myself up right now. I’m having to settle for watching videos of other 30-something mums skating until I can afford to get started myself.

Reactions: 1
I want to take up skateboarding but don’t have the money to set myself up right now. I’m having to settle for watching videos of other 30-something mums skating until I can afford to get started myself.
I want to do the rollerskating. I used to skate as a kid but that was when I was fearless. Im now 30 something and don't fancy falling flat on my face or wafting my arms round because I cant balance :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I want to do the rollerskating. I used to skate as a kid but that was when I was fearless. Im now 30 something and don't fancy falling flat on my face or wafting my arms round because I cant balance :ROFLMAO:
Roller skating looks so fun, you should go for it!!! I’m fully expecting to fall over a lot when I finally get a board but I love the idea of cruising around on one once I get good enough😂

• Heart
The cat wolfed down a pouch of Whiskas and then puked on the stairs. The only place in the house that has carpet.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
The cat wolfed down a pouch of Whiskas and then puked on the stairs. The only place in the house that has carpet.
My cats are elderly and always do this. They hide on my dining room chairs then leave me a trail of puke to help find them 🤢😬

They also like to crap in the litter tray... stand in it then walk it all through the conservatory and out the back door 👍

• Sick
Reactions: 3
My shower cut off after 5 minutes this morning because the water pressure dropped, came back only to cut off two minutes later. Taking a shower this morning was a ride. I don't know what's wrong with it because it's not even an electric shower. Under normal circumstances, the shower only lasts 15-20 minutes before it cuts off because the water pressure drops no matter the temperature. It's driving me insane because if I need to do the whole nine yards (shaving, washing my hair etc...) I can't. Great for saving water, but a huge inconvenience.

I can't open my jar of dorito dip and there's nobody here to do it for me. I never struggle to open jars either.

Try it with a washing up glove on!
That was my first thought and it didn't work. Googled after I posted that and Google suggested a knife or spoon under the edge of the lid... it worked, I'm now successfully in to the dip 😂

That was my first thought and it didn't work. Googled after I posted that and Google suggested a knife or spoon under the edge of the lid... it worked, I'm now successfully in to the dip 😂
That's the best way to do this!!!

I can't open my jar of dorito dip and there's nobody here to do it for me. I never struggle to open jars either.
Try using a rubber glove to grip it if you have one.

Ah, just noticed you’ve succeeded! Bliss.