FionnualaJay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doesn’t seem it. She posted a YouTube video about a life update and actually gave brids new podcast a shout out
She said there was no more information to be had ‘from her side’ and she stopped doing Bandwagons because she ‘didn’t want to do it anymore’ and she’s not saying no to doing another pod in the future.

I don’t think anything specifically happened between her and Bríd, but i do think Fionnuala mentally checked out of the pod a while ago and then landed this on Bríd out of nowhere at a time that suited her (end of year/going home for Xmas).

Listeners are obviously shocked and confused about what happened but Fionnuala is already emotionally over it so her explanations are emotionless and quite vague. She comes across to me as someone who is out for herself (I don’t disagree with being like this, and actually think it’s important to be that way if doing media/TV/freelance work) but she’s missed the mark on the delivery of her leaving announcement if she didn’t want follow up questions or comments here. Don’t dislike the girl at all, she is quick and witty and knows what she wants, just think she was naive in thinking people wouldn’t press her on this.

Reactions: 9
I find it hard to believe she didn't want to do it anymore. I've listened to the live shows and I feel as though she was very present and enjoyed it. From what I've seen they were very successful also. It doesn't make sense.

I do wish they'd come out and say something together, but I think the fact that Fionnuala has at least given Brid's pod a shoutout and Brid literally hasn't mentioned her makes it seem like Brid wanted nothing to do with her after this. I don't think Fionnuala is stupid, this looks bad so even just from a PR point of view I'd imagine she would've wanted to at least do a final show and not doing one would leave everyone asking questions... doesn't seem like Brid wanted to do that. I'd mainly just like to hear the two of them have banter again. Just seems like an awful shame if the friendship is gone just because they wanted different things.

Reactions: 4
I do wish they'd come out and say something together, but I think the fact that Fionnuala has at least given Brid's pod a shoutout and Brid literally hasn't mentioned her makes it seem like Brid wanted nothing to do with her after this. I don't think Fionnuala is stupid, this looks bad so even just from a PR point of view I'd imagine she would've wanted to at least do a final show and not doing one would leave everyone asking questions... doesn't seem like Brid wanted to do that. I'd mainly just like to hear the two of them have banter again. Just seems like an awful shame if the friendship is gone just because they wanted different things.
I thought the shoutout to Brid was a bit of a tick the box, like it was one sentence done - no, I’m happy for her, she’ll do great but maybe that’s me just expecting too much! I still think it’s sad, like brid put up a reel of the last year and had no mention of fionnuala/bandwagons which I thought was sad! Especially as they did so well with the live shows! Oh well, I wish them both the best!

Reactions: 7
I thought the shoutout to Brid was a bit of a tick the box, like it was one sentence done - no, I’m happy for her, she’ll do great but maybe that’s me just expecting too much! I still think it’s sad, like brid put up a reel of the last year and had no mention of fionnuala/bandwagons which I thought was sad! Especially as they did so well with the live shows! Oh well, I wish them both the best!
Oh no I agree but I also kinda feel it's all she could really say? Like if she made a massive deal of Brids new podcast while brid was completely cutting her out of reels of the last year I would just say that would be really fake?

The only two situations for why there wasn't a proper ending was that fionnuala refused to do one or that Brid refused and never wanted to speak to Fionnuala anymore. Given that Brid is actually refusing to mention her it seems to be like it's the second option, but I dunno if saying that to everyone will make her look very good.

I hope Brids pod does well, has she posted clips or anything or do you need to subscribe to her patreon to get it?

Reactions: 2
Fionnuala is obviously just trying to play nice for the sake of PR or maybe just not wanting to slag off brid, but if brid wants to end their friendship becoz she doesnt wanna do the podcast anymore it says a lot about her priorities... The podcast had been crap during lockdowns and if she was moving off somewhere to have a baby it would have stay crap, the patreon was worth nothin so the whole thing was just clearly easy money for them. Fionnuala seemed either checked out or pissed off with it and don't buy that brid cared at all, she never seemed to, her twitter bio has the wrong twitter account listed for bandwagons, the thing she "cares so much about" 🙄 seems to be all about money with the new podcast being something you need to pay for. All gonna bite her in the ass because no one is gonna pay for #momcon from two completely inexperienced parents.

Reactions: 4
Fionnuala is obviously just trying to play nice for the sake of PR or maybe just not wanting to hag off brid, but if brid wants to end their friendship becoz she doesnt wanna do the podcast anymore it says a lot about her priorities... The podcast had been crap during lockdowns and if she was moving off somewhere to have a baby it would have stay crap, the patreon was worth nothin so the whole thing was just clearly easy money for them. Fionnuala seemed either checked out or pissed off with it and don't buy that brid cared at all, she never seemed to, her twitter bio has the wrong twitter account listed for bandwagons, the thing she "cares so much about" 🙄 seems to be all about money with the new podcast being something you need to pay for. All gonna bite her in the ass because no one is gonna pay for #momcon from two completely inexperienced parents.
I think thats a bit harsh. I dont have any children but would def listen to her podcast (wouldnt sign up until there is a good chuck of episodes to listen to though). I think she seems like a nice girl. I will say at times FJ seemed to carry the pod but mainly because she is more of a dominant character, a similar dynamic to Karla and Jen. Just because you are louder and more pushy it doesnt mean what you have to say is better.

Might seem a bit harsh but her reaction to this has been completely fake imo and she needs a reality check. I felt like neither of them gave a crap about it for a long time but Brid was clearly doing less in general for the podcast. Most of the patreon posts were Fionnuala, the tarot stuff that brid was meant to do didn't happen regularly and she didn't seem to have any interest in knowing what she was talking about on the podcasts. I this was all a result of lockdown and covid stuff, but now I just feel like she was content doing the bare minimum to keep getting patreon money. The notion that she was going to move away, have a baby and keep charging people money for a podcast that was already half assed is a joke. She clearly didn't care about the podcast very much, she just liked the handy money and all her posts about how heartbroken she is about it ending is just fake. Her first post was clearly trying to make it look like Fionnuala posted about leaving before telling her, then her next post showed she had. Only thing that would change my mind would be if Fionnuala refused to do any other shows before ending things, but I doubt that's the case and I wouldn't believe anything from either of them unless it showed DMs. Ending a friendship with someone because they don't want to do a podcast with you anymore is childish. Again, maybe Fionnuala was really mean and insulting or something, but she if literally just wanted to stop scamming people with mediocre podcasts on patreon then that's completely fair.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Might seem a bit harsh but her reaction to this has been completely fake imo and she needs a reality check. I felt like neither of them gave a crap about it for a long time but Brid was clearly doing less in general for the podcast. Most of the patreon posts were Fionnuala, the tarot stuff that brid was meant to do didn't happen regularly and she didn't seem to have any interest in knowing what she was talking about on the podcasts. I this was all a result of lockdown and covid stuff, but now I just feel like she was content doing the bare minimum to keep getting patreon money. The notion that she was going to move away, have a baby and keep charging people money for a podcast that was already half assed is a joke. She clearly didn't care about the podcast very much, she just liked the handy money and all her posts about how heartbroken she is about it ending is just fake. Her first post was clearly trying to make it look like Fionnuala posted about leaving before telling her, then her next post showed she had. Only thing that would change my mind would be if Fionnuala refused to do any other shows before ending things, but I doubt that's the case and I wouldn't believe anything from either of them unless it showed DMs. Ending a friendship with someone because they don't want to do a podcast with you anymore is childish. Again, maybe Fionnuala was really mean and insulting or something, but she if literally just wanted to stop scamming people with mediocre podcasts on patreon then that's completely fair.
I think they had a personal falling out that wasn't really related to the podcast at all. I think there was an argument/falling out after the live shows and Fionnuala decided instead of trying to make the friendship and podcast work that she was done. To me, it has to be personal because there was no joint statement or final episode, and the post that Brid made saying she didn't expect it.

I don't know what the falling out was over, but it is easy to jump to the idea that it could be about the boyfriend or pregnancy. I wouldn't like to think that Fionnuala would be judgmental of Brid having a child with someone fast though. It could be vaguely related to it though.

I think they had a personal falling out that wasn't really related to the podcast at all. I think there was an argument/falling out after the live shows and Fionnuala decided instead of trying to make the friendship and podcast work that she was done. To me, it has to be personal because there was no joint statement or final episode, and the post that Brid made saying she didn't expect it.

I don't know what the falling out was over, but it is easy to jump to the idea that it could be about the boyfriend or pregnancy. I wouldn't like to think that Fionnuala would be judgmental of Brid having a child with someone fast though. It could be vaguely related to it though.
If its related to the fella, its likely to do with him, not the pregnancy

Reactions: 1
I don't really understand the idea that the falling out isn't related to the podcast. Like unless something else has been said by one of them it just seems like a massive assumption based off not much. If something had happened that meant Fionnuala didn't want the friendship anymore I would've assumed she'd just cut all ties, instead she still seems to be at least polite to her. If anything the opposite is true seeing has Brid has completely cut her out. They should have made a joint statement but if Brid stopped speaking to her and completely cut her out, she probably felt like she had to say something? I dunno if there's any right way to do thing for either of them here unless they say it together. I HATE that we didn't get a final episode, a proper sign off would have been really good. Maybe Brid is taking her not wanting to do the podcast with her anymore as an additional problem with the pregnancy and BF? Which to be fair it might be, but ultimately it seemed to me at least like Fionnuala was burned out on the podcast for a long time. Maybe Brid just never saw that or didn't feel that way, but to me it was really obvious. I would have felt them moving apart and doing different things would make sense as the end of it anyway, but that's just me.

I don't think they "scammed" anyone with the patreon, they put up content and people could support it they wanted, likewise if Brid wants to post about her pregnancy on a patreon more power to her, no one has to pay for it.

If its related to the fella, its likely to do with him, not the pregnancy
Is there something "wrong" with the fella? Has he not been on the scene for a while?

I don't really understand the idea that the falling out isn't related to the podcast. Like unless something else has been said by one of them it just seems like a massive assumption based off not much. If something had happened that meant Fionnuala didn't want the friendship anymore I would've assumed she'd just cut all ties, instead she still seems to be at least polite to her. If anything the opposite is true seeing has Brid has completely cut her out. They should have made a joint statement but if Brid stopped speaking to her and completely cut her out, she probably felt like she had to say something? I dunno if there's any right way to do thing for either of them here unless they say it together. I HATE that we didn't get a final episode, a proper sign off would have been really good. Maybe Brid is taking her not wanting to do the podcast with her anymore as an additional problem with the pregnancy and BF? Which to be fair it might be, but ultimately it seemed to me at least like Fionnuala was burned out on the podcast for a long time. Maybe Brid just never saw that or didn't feel that way, but to me it was really obvious. I would have felt them moving apart and doing different things would make sense as the end of it anyway, but that's just me.

I don't think they "scammed" anyone with the patreon, they put up content and people could support it they wanted, likewise if Brid wants to post about her pregnancy on a patreon more power to her, no one has to pay for it.

Is there something "wrong" with the fella? Has he not been on the scene for a while?
Less than a year. I dont know anything about it but i know a lot of girls who have fallen out with their friends over a new fella that has appeared on the scene

If I'm honest, I think Fionnuala made a snap decision about quitting the pod; you could see for a while that she came across quite stressed on stories trying to juggle tv, radio, her own gig, and the podcast. I'd then say the added surprise of Brid being pregnant made her consider how much more she would have to do with the pod to get an episode out each week (nevermind the Patreon stuff). I doubt Fionnuala is on the bread line, given the sheer amount of work she seems to be doing, so maybe dropping the pod was the easiest ball to quit juggling.

It's really unfortunate if a friendship has been lost over this, but it goes to show that working with a friend on a business rarely works out well.

I'd be curious as to the friend split on this; maybe friends sided with Brid given she's up the duff etc, and that might have added to Fionnuala going offline and saying she had "Christmas depression".

Not a bad theory, I could see both of their points of view in that case, Brid needs to do what's best for her with the pregnancy, moving home to be around family makes sense. Likewise if Fionnuala is stressed with a lot of gigs she should drop what she has to to be happy. They've gotta do what is best for them, it's just terrible it's ended so messily. Definitely an advertisement not to work with friends... never seems to work out.

Do they have many mutual friends? I don't think I've ever seen them in a group with a bunch of pals.

Some people in here clearly have strong opinions about both of them so I think that's really effecting peoples opinions on things lol.

I think that if it was just Fionnuala being stressed and wanting to drop it there would have been a better announcement and some kind of final goodbye episode though. Because neither happened it makes me feel like bad blood is involved.

Obviously they wouldn't want people to know that so they're still going to follow each other and do the odd shout out, but I wonder if we will ever see them pictured together again.

I think that if it was just Fionnuala being stressed and wanting to drop it there would have been a better announcement and some kind of final goodbye episode though. Because neither happened it makes me feel like bad blood is involved.

Obviously they wouldn't want people to know that so they're still going to follow each other and do the odd shout out, but I wonder if we will ever see them pictured together again.
Given that Brid has cut out any mention of Fionnuala and Fionnuala has given her a shout out, it's pretty clear where the bad blood is. Maybe something else happened, but it really looks like Fionnuala wanted to finish the podcast and Brid just decided to cut all ties because of it. If your friend wants to stop doing something because it causes them stress and your response is to cut them out of your life, you weren't really a friend.

Reactions: 5

I kind of agree I just don't know if that bad blood didn't just happen because Fionnuala wanted to finish it and Brid clearly really didn't.

Based on the way things are I'd be surprised if they're even speaking now,and if Brid has moved anyway I'd say it's very unlikely they're ever going to do anything again 😭

Given that Brid has cut out any mention of Fionnuala and Fionnuala has given her a shout out, it's pretty clear where the bad blood is. Maybe something else happened, but it really looks like Fionnuala wanted to finish the podcast and Brid just decided to cut all ties because of it. If your friend wants to stop doing something because it causes them stress and your response is to cut them out of your life, you weren't really a friend.
It's hard to say anything for sure about this without seeing the actual convo... Given that Brid is pregnant I can see this being really stressful and tough, maybe some time will give them a chance to reconnect?

Why does she keep moving ? Is it trouble with landlords or just cost? 3 times in 18 months is hard