FionnualaJay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's definitely a cork thing. I've lived in London longer than I care to admit and I still go up at the end of my sentences. But the way she does it is more stop and starty so it seems more of an American way of doing it, and sliiiiightly sarky. So I get you. It can be offputting.
Or, and this is my backgrounds in media training and linguistics coming into play, but it could be that she appears to be not very comfortable in her own skin right now
She seems to be under pressure (external or internal) to be a bit of an insta hun or a mini Muireann O'Connell or the louise girl who used to be on RTE radio with the blonde hair. Sorry I can't think of her name. Like the posing and the long long nails, and the blonde moneypiece (blonde doesn't suit her, sorry, it doesn't suit everyone. I've been there) and the thong swimsuits just don't seem to suit her personality or her style at all. It seems She's trying to be something she's not and that lack of confidence can often translate into the vocals- she's unsure of herself so the upflexion in tone becomes more pronounced and stilted.
She's doing incredible though, I hope she doesn't wear herself out by trying to fit into a box.
You've hit the nail on the head, it's the faux American thing.

Like, I know Cork people. I've spent long enough in Cork to know they do go up in sentences but hers just seem so.... forced? Fake? Really cant put my finger on it but all I am sure of is its not the Cork thing that annoys me.

Reactions: 5
Delighted! I have great time for her, think shes one of the few thats as sound as she seems if that makes sense.

Say her wedding would be a good sesh too!!

Reactions: 12
Delighted! I have great time for her, think shes one of the few thats as sound as she seems if that makes sense.

Say her wedding would be a good sesh too!!
I agree.
Fionnuala has consistently been herself throughout the years too, hasn't changed with the fame she has gained etc

Reactions: 6
Cute ring too, not over the top. I wonder if its a lab grown diamond? Or a recycled one? I can't see her with a newly mined one given her sustainability ethos.

Reactions: 2
Cute ring too, not over the top. I wonder if its a lab grown diamond? Or a recycled one? I can't see her with a newly mined one given her sustainability ethos.
Agree, ring is fab. Could be vintage?

Reactions: 1
I agree.
Fionnuala has consistently been herself throughout the years too, hasn't changed with the fame she has gained etc
Just love her honesty about life in general and she says it as it is. She was so honest about how fucked the rental market is and how tough it was buying unlike the other Huns who sell a few white label products and are buying mansions in malahide

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I thought I was seeing things with bríds birthday post for FJ on the Instagram 🤣🤣 “I’m glad we’re not in a feud” I thought was so self aware and funny haha

Wow, F is only 28 - shes done so well to have the house bought at this point. I just assumed she was a couple of years older tbh!

Reactions: 8
Wow, F is only 28 - shes done so well to have the house bought at this point. I just assumed she was a couple of years older tbh!
Right! 🙈 I am 27 and so behind her, her and her bf seem to have been on the mortgage grind for years though, it’s only this year I fully realised what a mortgage entails and actually thought tit I need to save!

Reactions: 5
Right! 🙈 I am 27 and so behind her, her and her bf seem to have been on the mortgage grind for years though, it’s only this year I fully realised what a mortgage entails and actually thought tit I need to save!
While it's important to start saving etc there is no such thing as 'behind'. Everyone is at a different phase in life and do not get caught into the trap of keeping up with the Jones.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve listened to some of the latest bandwagon eps and they seem to have lost their magic! The topics and conversations are pretty dull and drab, and I feel like they’re awkward at times! But maybe I’m reading too much into it!

I’ve listened to some of the latest bandwagon eps and they seem to have lost their magic! The topics and conversations are pretty dull and drab, and I feel like they’re awkward at times! But maybe I’m reading too much into it!
I think they are just busy, it’s not their main focus and it shows.

I really want to love the podcast but there’s a lot of ‘wait, explain this to me’ ‘I don’t know anything about *main topic of the pod*’ ‘I’ve never heard of this event’, it’s a bit grating in some episodes

I agree with above, it’s not their main focus. Anyone subbed to the Patreon and can say if those episodes are better?

Reactions: 4
Oh yeah, would agree that it’s not their main focus, and that really comes across to the point, I’m like why bother? Like even in the intro/chit chat bits, they don’t even seem bothered!