FionnualaJay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Awh I was so excited to see the podcast back but after listening to the first episode I'm underwhelmed. I think one episode every two weeks is mangey and won't keep people's interest. Topics would wanna be better than flop culture. Also I feel weird knowing they've had a falling out now, something special in their chemistry is shifted for me.

Reactions: 2
I actually really enjoyed their most recent one. Think they've gotten back into their groove. Agree that every fortnight is too little though. Maybe theyll increase after a bit

Reactions: 4
I think you can tell they still hold a grudge. Particularly Bríd… she isn’t coming across very well.

I think you can tell they still hold a grudge. Particularly Bríd… she isn’t coming across very well.
Have you picked this up from a mainstream or patreon episode? Like is there an example of what was said that makes you say this 🤔 genuinely interested, I listened to an old episode the other day and you can definitely see the difference in comfort levels slagging each other pre and post fall out. But I didn’t pick up on a bitter grudgey feeling ?

Reactions: 7
I know this thread is dead but I’ve kind of been put off fionnuala lately - her flop culture episodes are always recorded so far in advance that by time they’re released, they’re almost pointless! Like her recent Eurovision seemed to be recorded last year and then the add in at the end about this years competition also seemed to be from ages ago and was outdated!
Also saying she adores Matty Healy on the recent bandwagon ep when he’s doing things like the nazi salute, and making offensive comments about women,poc,muslims……it’s certainly a choice!!

Reactions: 3
Have you picked this up from a mainstream or patreon episode? Like is there an example of what was said that makes you say this 🤔 genuinely interested, I listened to an old episode the other day and you can definitely see the difference in comfort levels slagging each other pre and post fall out. But I didn’t pick up on a bitter grudgey feeling ?
I'd also be interested in what makes you think this?

Reactions: 1
Fionnualas set up a patreon for the flop culture pod. Bit cheeky especially when Bandwagons has their patreon going as well…

I subscribed to bandwagons and honestly such a waste. Content just not regular enough. Not as good it was previously either

Cheeky wasn’t the best way to phrase it, sorry I couldn’t think of the best way to say it 😅Like I’d have no issue with her setting up a Patreon for flop culture if that was the only pod she was handling but Im assuming a good portion of her listeners came from Bandwagons and then some of them would have already signed up to the BW patreon too?

I like Fionnuala wayyyy more than most of the influencers I’m just not gone on every single podcast needing a patreon

It’s tit when you’re paying for Spotify or whatever every month but I know they don’t get a cent of that really.

I agree it needs a bit more fine tuning before offering a paid version. I enjoy the odd flop culture because I like fionnuala as a host but think she’s gone way too niche and random with a lot of topics , I end up skipping loads !

Reactions: 4
I've never listened to the podcasts, I like FJ but I find her very hard to listen to because everything she says goes up in pitch? Towards the end? As if everything is a question? Or so it is when she's on Newstalk.

I've never listened to the podcasts, I like FJ but I find her very hard to listen to because everything she says goes up in pitch? Towards the end? As if everything is a question? Or so it is when she's on Newstalk.
That’s just a Cork thing

Worked in Cork and still live close by - I know what you're saying but it's not that, it's something else entirely and I find it so hard to listen to
Living with someone from Cork for over a decade and spend a lot of time there. For me, that’s just how Cork people speak. Just my opinion.

Worked in Cork and still live close by - I know what you're saying but it's not that, it's something else entirely and I find it so hard to listen to
It's definitely a cork thing. I've lived in London longer than I care to admit and I still go up at the end of my sentences. But the way she does it is more stop and starty so it seems more of an American way of doing it, and sliiiiightly sarky. So I get you. It can be offputting.
Or, and this is my backgrounds in media training and linguistics coming into play, but it could be that she appears to be not very comfortable in her own skin right now
She seems to be under pressure (external or internal) to be a bit of an insta hun or a mini Muireann O'Connell or the louise girl who used to be on RTE radio with the blonde hair. Sorry I can't think of her name. Like the posing and the long long nails, and the blonde moneypiece (blonde doesn't suit her, sorry, it doesn't suit everyone. I've been there) and the thong swimsuits just don't seem to suit her personality or her style at all. It seems She's trying to be something she's not and that lack of confidence can often translate into the vocals- she's unsure of herself so the upflexion in tone becomes more pronounced and stilted.
She's doing incredible though, I hope she doesn't wear herself out by trying to fit into a box.

Reactions: 7