Finch Bakery

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god I looooooove Finch Bakery!! I’ve had dozens of cake jars and boxes of brownies/blondies from them! All delicious!!! I actually think their prices are so good. I’m in the south though which may be why I think they are cheap.

I do think both Lauren and Rachel are hilarious and I totally get their dry sense of humour. I love watching their stories! And the kids are so cute!
I agree with this! Nice to see people be honest and show the good and the bad rather than their perfect lives

Wonder if they have just discovered this website?

edit: tessa has screen shotted some comments of this thread

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
They're not very nice people irl. It's all an act on insta and are known for using people for all they can. Take take take. Unprofessional but what do you expect when it was gifted to them. Average cakes.

Reactions: 7
I agree with this! Nice to see people be honest and show the good and the bad rather than their perfect lives

Wonder if they have just discovered this website?

edit: tessa has screen shotted some comments of this thread
I think I remember seeing comments about the Tessa thing I think they were joking they wouldn’t actually speak to her like that I don’t think 😂😂😂 bloody hell I wonder how they found it

They're not very nice people irl. It's all an act on insta and are known for using people for all they can. Take take take. Unprofessional but what do you expect when it was gifted to them. Average cakes.
I’ve not met them but they have been in the shop when I’ve been in and they always seemed quite nice. One of them came out in the street and was talking to the queue I don’t know which one as I can’t tell them apart but she didn’t seem up her arse

Reactions: 2
I like their sense of humour and they clearly work hard at what they do. Have you seen the timehop photos? Surely if they were snobby then they wouldn’t be showing bakes that aren’t as refined as what they’re doing now? It’s nice to see how they’ve improved and built up from scratch. And no matter how much or how little money you start with, you can’t buy talent or skill: you have to practise hard.

Reactions: 20
I'm not a fan of their cakes but their brownies are the best brownies I've ever had.

Reactions: 3
I love Finch Bakery, they have worked damn hard to be in the position they have today. They may have got funding to start off, so what, good for them, . I am a baker and know how hard it is just to get a cake order out. Agree with Eu4, they share their timehop pics, look how far they have come!

Reactions: 11
just the way they are on social media isn’t always the best I would say. But I agree by the time hop pics they have come along way and it can’t be easy having a bakery

Reactions: 1
Awww please don’t tell me Tessa was like that! I love her 🥺
I like Tessa too! But the twins, no thanks. Rude, abrupt and think they’re funny when they are not. Totally puts me off their brand.
On a side note, how did they find this thread? Someone they know must be on it to have pointed it out to them? Or they must google themselves 🤷🏻‍♀️

Tessa made a cake for my brother once at quite short notice and she really went above and beyond to make it what I asked. The twins were in the shop when I picked it up and were really nice too. I think they have a very specific type of humour on their socials that is appealing to some and obviously not to others. I've since moved abroad and really miss their brownies and cake jars!

Reactions: 6
Love their cakes, admire how their business has grown, and their insta can be funny. However this past year with the covid business has irritated me a little, because from the start they've often flaunted not social distancing (pics with friends, 'bubbles' involving multiple households, going out with people/having friends round now even though I'm fairly sure their area is in Tier 3??). Not trying to sound like I've got a stick up my arse, I know lots of people break rules etc, but considering their huge social media following I just thought they might try to hide it a bit 😅

Reactions: 10
Love their cakes, admire how their business has grown, and their insta can be funny. However this past year with the covid business has irritated me a little, because from the start they've often flaunted not social distancing (pics with friends, 'bubbles' involving multiple households, going out with people/having friends round now even though I'm fairly sure their area is in Tier 3??). Not trying to sound like I've got a stick up my arse, I know lots of people break rules etc, but considering their huge social media following I just thought they might try to hide it a bit 😅
i agree, in general, they just come across as unprofessional. I’d hate to work for them too - it’s just be high school mean girls all over again i bet

Reactions: 4
I like how a bunch of people have come here since they've posted of on their Instagram 😂
I think the stuff posted here is mostly good. Not everyone is going to like their cakes and not everyone is going to like them.
I personally don't like the girls and I'm not a fan of their cakes. However I do like the other things they do and have ordered their brownie boxes many times.
But that's my personal opinion.

I don't really rate their cakes - not made with quality ingredients and full of preservatives, artificial and other nasties so not really much difference than a £1.59 cake in lidls apart from being ten times the price. I recommend konditor and cook - their cakes are natural and made with all the same high quality ingredients that have been used for a long time. https://konditor.co.uk/curly-whirly-cake.html

If they don't want people talking about their parenting then stop sharing their children on line. Jessuz! It's not difficult.

Reactions: 8
Their cakes are ok but wow they are terrible people. Could not buy from them again after the rant on twitter about how against paying younger people a higher minimum wage "Would put them out on the street". These are 2 highly privileged people who have never wanted for anything, constantly splashing out on overly expensive/lavish items and holidays claiming poverty at the mere thought of having to pay a young person a liveable wage so they can afford to pay their bills. Good brownies are not enough for me to fund bad people i'm afraid. Feel bad for the kids as well.

Reactions: 18
Their cakes are ok but wow they are terrible people. Could not buy from them again after the rant on twitter about how against paying younger people a higher minimum wage "Would put them out on the street". These are 2 highly privileged people who have never wanted for anything, constantly splashing out on overly expensive/lavish items and holidays claiming poverty at the mere thought of having to pay a young person a liveable wage so they can afford to pay their bills. Good brownies are not enough for me to fund bad people i'm afraid. Feel bad for the kids as well.
I don’t remember seeing that about the wage thing. What’s that all about? When was it?

I don’t remember seeing that about the wage thing. What’s that all about? When was it?
It was around the last election, looks like its been deleted now. I have screenshots, though :).

IMG-20201029-WA0013.jpg

The tweet crying about the inevitable starvation of her unborn child was somewhere between the £600 shoe brag tweet and the list of highly expensive holidays she had planned for that year alone:

IMG-20201029-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20201029-WA0015.jpg

I do hope they are not starving, though....

• Wow
Reactions: 27
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.