Finch bakery #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
£6.50 for a recipe is ridiculous. By the time you’ve also bought the ingredients, spent time baking and paid the stupid high price for your electricity/gas to cook the damn thing, you’d be better buying one at the shop.

Reactions: 7
£6.50 for a recipe is ridiculous. By the time you’ve also bought the ingredients, spent time baking and paid the stupid high price for your electricity/gas to cook the damn thing, you’d be better buying one at the shop.
I didn’t think so. It’s a recipe that’s already paid for itself in the savings it’s made me on ingredients. I’ve got lots of baking books, including the Finch that I haven’t even used, and the Jane patisserie one where I’ve made one cake from. Ive actually made hero sponge I don’t know how many times. So for me it was worth it and I like her content.

Reactions: 2
I didn’t think so. It’s a recipe that’s already paid for itself in the savings it’s made me on ingredients. I’ve got lots of baking books, including the Finch that I haven’t even used, and the Jane patisserie one where I’ve made one cake from. Ive actually made hero sponge I don’t know how many times. So for me it was worth it and I like her content.
I don't know if I'm just being dumb 😂
But the only difference I can see in the recipe is it uses oil, buttermilk and milk instead of butter?
(if it's the right recipe I'm looking at)
So what makes it so much cheaper?
Especially if you use Stork

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I don't know if I'm just being dumb 😂
But the only difference I can see in the recipe is it uses oil, buttermilk and milk instead of butter?
(if it's the right recipe I'm looking at)
So what makes it so much cheaper?
Especially if you use Stork
Haha no! It’s also normal sugar, not caster. And I use creamfields low fat yoghurt instead of buttermilk which is actually a lot more expensive.

Reshmi is actually one of the nicest people, she’s answered my dms and helped me out with her recipes. She’s not an influencer and actually hates them 😂 I’ve been using her hero sponge recipe for a while for so many cakes which is already available for free on her blog but I still bought them. You don’t have to buy it if you don’t want to but it’s fair for her to charge if she wants!
She’s not an influencer,?? 😂 have you seen her page?? Just like any other baking influencer out there. And the hero sponge is nothing new it’s actually more time consuming with more ingredients to weigh/measure out that a normal sponge that I can have in the oven in 5 mins lol she’s nothing special and I find some of her posts a bit stuck up tbh
Got a book out ✔
write childrens books ✔
sells recipes for extortionate amounts ✔
page aesthetics ✔
I could go on but that’s an influencer right there and that’s my opinion you don’t have to like it!

Reactions: 8
She’s not an influencer,?? 😂 have you seen her page?? Just like any other baking influencer out there. And the hero sponge is nothing new it’s actually more time consuming with more ingredients to weigh/measure out that a normal sponge that I can have in the oven in 5 mins lol she’s nothing special and I find some of her posts a bit stuck up tbh
Got a book out ✔
write childrens books ✔
sells recipes for extortionate amounts ✔
page aesthetics ✔
I could go on but that’s an influencer right there and that’s my opinion you don’t have to like it!
She has a really successful cake business and doesn’t show off freebies. Which is what an influencer is so you can have your opinion, but doesn’t make it right 😂. Anyway, this thread is about Finch so I’ll bring it back to that! I’m now tempted by the Yule log recipe 😂

Reactions: 2
No wonder it’s not selling well

You could buy an entire cake recipe book for £6.50. They are opportunistic vultures.

Reactions: 15
The other night when they were updating the recipe I got loads and loads of emails from them, it was extremely annoying.

I was eyeing up Jane’s Patisserie’s new book in Tesco yesterday, it’s a shame there’s not an active thread about her! Maybe we need a ‘bakefluencers’ thread 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She has a really successful cake business and doesn’t show off freebies. Which is what an influencer is so you can have your opinion, but doesn’t make it right 😂. Anyway, this thread is about Finch so I’ll bring it back to that! I’m now tempted by the Yule log recipe 😂
I bought the recipe last night when it was half price.
No way was I paying 6.50 😂
3.25 was enough!

The other night when they were updating the recipe I got loads and loads of emails from them, it was extremely annoying.

I was eyeing up Jane’s Patisserie’s new book in Tesco yesterday, it’s a shame there’s not an active thread about her! Maybe we need a ‘bakefluencers’ thread 😂
I bought janes first one, used it maybe twice. Very basic stuff, often go online still for her other recipes, or they require heaps of ingredients. She has a love for caster sugar which I’ve never understood. FitWaffle on Instagram has some good easy recipes and trendy ones for free

Just because you seem to not understand what an influencer is they don’t need to be selling or showing off freebies to be one. She’s selling herself Just like all the baking accounts. Oh and please inform all the ppl that talk about Tess, George and several others that aren’t the twins that this is the finch thread. Thanks 😊

Attachments

Just because you seem to not understand what an influencer is they don’t need to be selling or showing off freebies to be one. She’s selling herself Just like all the baking accounts. Oh and please inform all the ppl that talk about Tess, George and several others that aren’t the twins that this is the finch thread. Thanks 😊
Meow 🐱
A business, promoting themselves, is different to an influencer who promotes other brands by either getting paid for ads or GiFtEd. That’s my basic understanding which I think is what’s widely accepted. No idea what you mean about friends who talk about Tess and George and people I have no idea about 🤪 but I’ll take your hint and bow out with my opinions kiss kiss have a nice day

Why is Rachel’s house so bleeping boring? There’s no personality or decor. It’s just a box.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m sorry but i doubt the only glasses that fit Kit were girls granny style ones 🥴
Seen this and absolutely agree!
I work in an opticians that has a poor selection of glasses for fitting kids (you’d be surprised how specific they have to fit…well in a good opticians anyway) and we always recommend different opticians to ourselves if we can’t find a good fit or if the bright pink princess glasses are the only ones that fit a boy (if he doesn’t want to wear them)
If they had come to me I would have been steering them to another business if those was the only ones that fitted him.

Reactions: 3
I’m sorry but i doubt the only glasses that fit Kit were girls granny style ones 🥴
I agree. Poor kid. His hair aswell, it isn't curly it's just a bit of a frizz ball on his head. Like gaz from gshores kid. Cut it ffs. Just wanna add I have no problem with boys having long hair only when the parent reckons it's curly 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4