Finch bakery #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bought the recipe...it is not worth £6.50 😖 I will give it a go and report back, so far I'm underwhelmed

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I bought the recipe...it is not worth £6.50 😖 I will give it a go and report back, so far I'm underwhelmed
Post it anonymously on Reddit or somewhere. You can’t really gatekeep food recipes, all recipes from recipe books end up online at some point

Reactions: 9
I compared the recipe with the brownie one in their book (someone gifted it to me as everyone knows I bake) and it’s not vastly different. A few things the quantities are increased but essentially it’s a scaled up version of their brownie recipe and then a strange method of rolling it up 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This again 🙄
I hate this tit. Don’t be an influencer or have a social media presence if you can’t handle people criticising you. Happy to make money from people and have the good but no bad. And blaming people for suicide is frankly disgusting.

Reactions: 8
please share recipe?? 😏
I've seen a tiktok of someone trying to do similar ... Bakes brownie, crubles brownie up rolls into a square if that makes sense... Adds over the filling, rolls up like a log, wraps in clingfilm, freeze... Melt chocolate on top. Voila.(search for brownie yule log and it comes up)

I really want the finch recipe but skint af. So if anyone wants to share... Holla this way 😂

Reactions: 3
Those Finch girls are charging for a recipe?
I'm not interested in their recipes, their brownies are basic. Get the recipe shared everywhere, what a piss take.

Reactions: 3
I've seen a tiktok of someone trying to do similar ... Bakes brownie, crubles brownie up rolls into a square if that makes sense... Adds over the filling, rolls up like a log, wraps in clingfilm, freeze... Melt chocolate on top. Voila.(search for brownie yule log and it comes up)

I really want the finch recipe but skint af. So if anyone wants to share... Holla this way 😂
This is basically it. The recipe isn't anything unique, it's the method. I might give the method a go with Jane's recipe 🤭 although people are saying it's broken their mixers and I don't want to ruin my precious Kitchen Aid!

Reactions: 2
I just don't see what the point is, seems alot of effort compared to just making a classic chocolate sponge and making a swiss roll version. Surely you can make it rich enough with filling choice instead of needing desecrated brownie crumbs?

Reactions: 5
I just don't see what the point is, seems alot of effort compared to just making a classic chocolate sponge and making a swiss roll version. Surely you can make it rich enough with filling choice instead of needing desecrated brownie crumbs?
I guess it just depends on your tastes, I don't really like yule log sponge tbh, it's not the same as normal choc sponge as it's lighter and a totally different texture (Nigella's recipe for yule log has no flour for example) so I like the idea of it but it's such a con charging £6.50 for what is essentially 'make a brownie and mash it up into a log'

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I guess it just depends on your tastes, I don't really like yule log sponge tbh, it's not the same as normal choc sponge as it's lighter and a totally different texture (Nigella's recipe for yule log has no flour for example) so I like the idea of it but it's such a con charging £6.50 for what is essentially 'make a brownie and mash it up into a log'
Have you finished making yours yet?