Films that make you cry

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What about call me by your name made you cry because I watched it recently & would be interested to know?
The dad's speech at the end mainly, and when Elio gets the call from Oliver telling him he's getting married and the credits roll when Elio is trying to compose himself by the fire and not get upset. I think I cry a lot because that movie perfectly describes "first love" for me, and I'm a massive softie for that sort of thing!

The dad's speech at the end mainly, and when Elio gets the call from Oliver telling him he's getting married and the credits roll when Elio is trying to compose himself by the fire and not get upset. I think I cry a lot because that movie perfectly describes "first love" for me, and I'm a massive softie for that sort of thing!
I cried at a short clip of the film I saw on YouTube 😂 I haven’t watched the full film yet because I just know it will be a gut punch of nostalgia for young love. It seems such a tender, lovely film and I know it will set me off daydreaming of sunny summer days gone by. Can’t deal with that during a pandemic!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The saddest final scene I ever watched was from a movie called The Champ with jon Voight and Ricky Schroder 😭

Reactions: 5
My sister’s keeper
My girl
Boy in the striped pyjamas
Meet joe black
City of angels

Reactions: 4
Titanic, I can't help it everytime I sob. I must have seen it 50+ times and it still gets me
Avengers Endgame
Captain America the winter soldier also everytime
Marley & me
The boy in the striped pyjamas
The notebook

Reactions: 2
Coco - I watched it hungover at my friend’s house with her 5 year old and I literally sobbed my heart out.
Mamma Mia, the scene with Donna and Sophie getting ready for the wedding, the song ‘slipping through my fingers’ makes my mum and I cry soooo much!

Forrest Gump makes me cry on and off throughout even though I've seen it 7965422 times, the last time I watched it was on a long haul flight last year having been up since 3am I was an emotional wreck 😂
Same but I have absolutely no idea why 🤷‍♀️

Great thread.

La La Land
Ghost
Sophie's Choice
Schindler's List
The Way We Were
Ordinary People
Mrs Doubtfire
Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Hachi: A Dog's Tale
My Dog Skip (both of these are why I didn't see Marley & Me)
Ghost (Sam going to heaven)
Beaches (when Wind Beneath My Wings plays)
My Girl (Thomas J's death)
Bridge to Terabithia (Leslie's death)
Jack & Sarah (when he cradles baby Sarah whilst Stars by Simply Red plays)
Pay It Forward (the boy's death)
Simon Birch (Simon's death)
HP1 (when Harry waves goodbye to Hagrid from the train)
Click (when his father dies)
Freedom Writers (when the boy's friend gets killed)

Last edited:
I cant watch animal films as they destroy me. ET would seriously upset me as a kid so I wont watch it as an adult.
My Girl:The glasses scene at the end
Beaches: The end
Ghost
Love Actually: THAT Emma Thompson scene
Muriel's Wedding:the funeral
Schindler's List
The Boy In The Striped Pajamas
Saving Private Ryan: when hes calling out for his mama as hes dying
Hereditay:Toni Collette's anguished cries really got to me

Just remembered that I cried when my mum took me to see Hunchback of Notre Dame in cinemas and I was so distraught we had to leave.
It was the scene where they put him in the stocks and humiliate him by throwing food at him, it just upset me so much.
Omg that scene really upset me too?

Just thought of 2 more, The Elepant Man and Mask

• Heart