Films that make you cry

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Life is Beautiful. Cried buckets. Will cry thinking about it. Amazing film.

Don’t judge me, but Mamma Mia 2, the baptism scene at the end. Completely lost it. Snotty, ugly tears in a cinema full of people with my kids looking on, absolutely mortified at me 🙂

also Forrest Gump, when he meets little Forrest for the first time and he asks ‘is he smart ... or is he ....’ That whole scene makes me cry.

and just about all of Billy Elliot.

Reactions: 6
Call Me By Your Name. I can only watch that film maybe once a year if that because I ugly cry so much 😬

I'm glad everyone's mentioned the Toy Story movies because I feel like each one has a really traumatic scene in them. I have to skip the Jesse's "when somebody loved me" song in Toy Story 2 because I get super choked up

Reactions: 3
Interstellar makes me cry buckets. It’s touches something in me on a deep, existential level. The final 30ish mins.... my god.

I sobbed pretty much all the way through Lion.

I used to think people were being over the top about the opening scene of “Up”. I rewatched it a couple of weeks ago and I quite genuinely sobbed. It is so bloody poignant.

Quite a few films but a few are Titanic, the scene where the old couple is in the bed and the mum is reading a story to her children knowing what will happen 😭

The Notebook, again the ending scene, no matter how many times I watch it I still cry

Lion king makes me cry as well when Simba is talking to his dad when he’s just been killed 💔

Reactions: 8
The notebook- the last few times we’ve flown long haul it’s been on the plane home, I end sat on the night flight in the dark blubbering while my husband pretends not to know me 😂

Reactions: 1
The Fox and the Hound, when the mother fox is killed, then when the lady releases him into the wild.

Bambi, when his mum is killed and when a flustered bird tries to fly away and is shot dead.

Dumbo, when the other mother elephants laugh at him and when he visits his mum after she is locked up for lashing out at a mean boy.

Oliver & Company, when no one chooses him from the box in the street and it starts raining. Also the song that Lucy sings to him when she adopts him.

I’m almost crying as I’m typing this. Disney films are hard to get through.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Disney films are killers! my kids won't watch them, they're too sad.

Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino wrecked me.

Interstellar makes me cry buckets. It’s touches something in me on a deep, existential level. The final 30ish mins.... my god.
Yeah I got a bit emotional about that one.
I forgot Pans Labrynth too. I was pregnant watching it the first time and sobbed my eyes out but I still can't watch it without welling up

Life is Beautiful. Cried buckets. Will cry thinking about it. Amazing film.
Life is beautiful.. ahh my absolute fav film of all time ever ever ever...cried laughed cried and laughed some more x

Oh and also and I cannot even watch it again ti this day. The elephant man. My mum made me watch it when I was about 8 with her. I have a thing about people being inherently cruel to others. I cant even bare ti think about it to be honest

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Don’t judge me, but Mamma Mia 2, the baptism scene at the end. Completely lost it. Snotty, ugly tears in a cinema full of people with my kids looking on, absolutely mortified at me 🙂

also Forrest Gump, when he meets little Forrest for the first time and he asks ‘is he smart ... or is he ....’ That whole scene makes me cry.

and just about all of Billy Elliot.
Billy Elliot,loved it,especially the bit when he was Ballet dancer,when he came on the stage ,massive leap in the air,I was in bits.(His dad too whelming up with tears in audience) one of best films ever seen.

Lion,witch and wardrobe,when Aslan is killed.😢

Yes,Bambi,Dumbo oh dear in floods.

Last edited:
Sooo many, here are a few that spring to mind:

My Girl.... the worst horrible sad movie ever made.
Love Actually
Tarzan, when the 'dad' gorilla gets killed. I watched it in the movie theater and cried.
Elliots Dragon

Reactions: 2
So very many films make me cry but a list of 5:

Shawshank Redemption
Up
The Lives of Others
Goodbye Lenin
Cinema Paradiso

How could I forget Watership Down. The original, not that terrible remake.
I can't listen to Bright Eyes without tearing up big time. Can never bring myself to rewatch the film.

Forrest Gump makes me cry on and off throughout even though I've seen it 7965422 times, the last time I watched it was on a long haul flight last year having been up since 3am I was an emotional wreck 😂
Same. I think it's the music in a lot of films that gets me the most. That film and the feather ah god.

I forgot the final LOTR film at the end when Annie Lennox sings - I was in another country years ago and they were showing the last 30 minutes of the film on a loop and I just stood there watching it sobbing my heart out looking like an idiot. "I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil" Good old Gandalf.

Last edited:
Love actually - when she realises the necklace isn’t for her 😢😢😢

The holiday - when they are laying in the teepee 😭😭😭😭😭

Not a film but watching this is us at the moment and bawling like a baby 😭😢

Me before you. It's my go to film when i need a good cry.
Also my sisters keeper, the notebook and the fault in our stars

So very many films make me cry but a list of 5:

Shawshank Redemption
Up
The Lives of Others
Goodbye Lenin
Cinema Paradiso

I can't listen to Bright Eyes without tearing up big time. Can never bring myself to rewatch the film.

Same. I think it's the music in a lot of films that gets me the most. That film and the feather ah god.

I forgot the final LOTR film at the end when Annie Lennox sings - I was in another country years ago and they were showing the last 30 minutes of the film on a loop and I just stood there watching it sobbing my heart out looking like an idiot. "I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil" Good old Gandalf.
Bright Eyes,Oh god the book made my cry ,the film had me in floods,I can’t watch it to this day.

Just remembered that I cried when my mum took me to see Hunchback of Notre Dame in cinemas and I was so distraught we had to leave.
It was the scene where they put him in the stocks and humiliate him by throwing food at him, it just upset me so much.

• Sad
Reactions: 4