Films that make you cry

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Life is beautiful.. ahh my absolute fav film of all time ever ever ever...cried laughed cried and laughed some more x
Mine too by a very wide mile. I was on a first date when it came out. My date was all itchy about watching it but he sat through it and cried next to me. I thought he was a keeper after that but we didn’t make it. The one that got away. 😂

So many people haven’t seen the film. I wonder why? Perhaps it’s the subtitles putting them off? 😆 if you’re reading this I urge you to watch Life is Beautiful. It will never leave you. 🧡

Reactions: 3
Yeah I got a bit emotional about that one.
I forgot Pans Labrynth too. I was pregnant watching it the first time and sobbed my eyes out but I still can't watch it without welling up
Pan's Labyrinth is my favourite film of all time and I never used to cry when I watched it as a teenager. Now when I get to the end, I can't help but well up a bit :( I like to think it ends happily though, she's with her real parents in the other world!

I forgot the final LOTR film at the end when Annie Lennox sings - I was in another country years ago and they were showing the last 30 minutes of the film on a loop and I just stood there watching it sobbing my heart out looking like an idiot. "I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil" Good old Gandalf.
Oh my god I'd blocked this out of my mind. I can't watch the end of the LOTR films, I can't bear that Frodo leaves them 😭

Don’t judge me, but Mamma Mia 2, the baptism scene at the end. Completely lost it. Snotty, ugly tears in a cinema full of people with my kids looking on, absolutely mortified at me 🙂

also Forrest Gump, when he meets little Forrest for the first time and he asks ‘is he smart ... or is he ....’ That whole scene makes me cry.

and just about all of Billy Elliot.
Watched forest Gump the other night for the zillionth time, bawled at the scene where he learns he's a father. That scene alone got him the oscar, so so brilliantly acted.

Reactions: 1
Loads but the one that made me cry the most recently is Lion. So so emotional and even more so because it's a true story. I well up just thinking about it 😭😭😭 and this is the first film I ever saw my husband well up at as well, he's usually made of stone!

Reactions: 1
Lots but some off the top of my head:

The Lion King (the original animation)
Dumbo (also the original)

I always sob at the end of Amy (the Asif Kapadia documentary film on Amy Winehouse, love it and have watched it many times)

I also cry my eyes out at the ending to La La Land 😭😢

When Harry looks through Snapes memories and he realises he loves/d his Mum. “After all this time”, “Always”.

If you know you know xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Pan's Labyrinth is my favourite film of all time and I never used to cry when I watched it as a teenager. Now when I get to the end, I can't help but well up a bit :( I like to think it ends happily though, she's with her real parents in the other world!
The music gets me everytime too

Far too bloody many to name them all..

The Green Mile
The Notebook
Remember Me
Marley & Me
A Little Bit of Heaven
The Impossible
PS I Love You
The Fault In Our Stars
My Girl

Anything to do with 9/11

I could go on but basically any film where someone dies. I’m a very emotional person and do not deal well with death 😅

Reactions: 4
Watched forest Gump the other night for the zillionth time, bawled at the scene where he learns he's a father. That scene alone got him the oscar, so so brilliantly acted.
Completely, totally agree. Didn’t even really need the words, it’s all in his face.

Ohh I forgot to mention Dumbo ... that one is actually a family joke in our house, ‘Don’t let Mum watch Dumbo’... I had seen it before and not been affected, but since having children it just tears me into shreds and I’m tearing up just writing this. Really pushes a maternal button, that movie.

The hate u give

there’s a deep story behind it and tbh it’s a sad film

I don’t often get emotional or upset in films so when I do I know how deep the meaning is behind the film.

Reactions: 2
Call Me By Your Name. I can only watch that film maybe once a year if that because I ugly cry so much 😬

I'm glad everyone's mentioned the Toy Story movies because I feel like each one has a really traumatic scene in them. I have to skip the Jesse's "when somebody loved me" song in Toy Story 2 because I get super choked up
What about call me by your name made you cry because I watched it recently & would be interested to know?

Marley & Me; gets me every time, I tit you not.
The Fox and the Hound; when the old woman leaves Todd in the forest and he doesn’t understand.

I seem to have more sympathy for animals in movies than people.