Films that make you cry

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Life is beautiful.. ahh my absolute fav film of all time ever ever ever...cried laughed cried and laughed some more x
Mine too by a very wide mile. I was on a first date when it came out. My date was all itchy about watching it but he sat through it and cried next to me. I thought he was a keeper after that but we didn’t make it. The one that got away.

So many people haven’t seen the film. I wonder why? Perhaps it’s the subtitles putting them off? if you’re reading this I urge you to watch Life is Beautiful. It will never leave you.

Reactions: 3
Yeah I got a bit emotional about that one.
I forgot Pans Labrynth too. I was pregnant watching it the first time and sobbed my eyes out but I still can't watch it without welling up
Pan's Labyrinth is my favourite film of all time and I never used to cry when I watched it as a teenager. Now when I get to the end, I can't help but well up a bit I like to think it ends happily though, she's with her real parents in the other world!

Oh my god I'd blocked this out of my mind. I can't watch the end of the LOTR films, I can't bear that Frodo leaves them

Watched forest Gump the other night for the zillionth time, bawled at the scene where he learns he's a father. That scene alone got him the oscar, so so brilliantly acted.

Reactions: 1
Loads but the one that made me cry the most recently is Lion. So so emotional and even more so because it's a true story. I well up just thinking about it and this is the first film I ever saw my husband well up at as well, he's usually made of stone!

Reactions: 1
Lots but some off the top of my head:

The Lion King (the original animation)
Dumbo (also the original)

I always sob at the end of Amy (the Asif Kapadia documentary film on Amy Winehouse, love it and have watched it many times)

I also cry my eyes out at the ending to La La Land

When Harry looks through Snapes memories and he realises he loves/d his Mum. “After all this time”, “Always”.

If you know you know xx

Reactions: 8
The music gets me everytime too

Far too bloody many to name them all..

The Green Mile
The Notebook
Remember Me
Marley & Me
A Little Bit of Heaven
The Impossible
PS I Love You
The Fault In Our Stars
My Girl

Anything to do with 9/11

I could go on but basically any film where someone dies. I’m a very emotional person and do not deal well with death

Reactions: 4
Watched forest Gump the other night for the zillionth time, bawled at the scene where he learns he's a father. That scene alone got him the oscar, so so brilliantly acted.
Completely, totally agree. Didn’t even really need the words, it’s all in his face.

Ohh I forgot to mention Dumbo ... that one is actually a family joke in our house, ‘Don’t let Mum watch Dumbo’... I had seen it before and not been affected, but since having children it just tears me into shreds and I’m tearing up just writing this. Really pushes a maternal button, that movie.

The hate u give

there’s a deep story behind it and tbh it’s a sad film

I don’t often get emotional or upset in films so when I do I know how deep the meaning is behind the film.

Reactions: 2
What about call me by your name made you cry because I watched it recently & would be interested to know?

Marley & Me; gets me every time, I shit you not.
The Fox and the Hound; when the old woman leaves Todd in the forest and he doesn’t understand.

I seem to have more sympathy for animals in movies than people.