Feng shui

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The mental image of your puppy having the time of his life during this clap session gave me so much joy 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Another thing with beds just for info is you should try to get into them from both sides. By that I mean that one side should not be pushed against a wall.
Such a fascinating thread. What would the solution to this be if I can't move the bed? I have to have it against the wall so the baby doesn't fall out.

Reactions: 3
Such a fascinating thread. What would the solution to this be if I can't move the bed? I have to have it against the wall so the baby doesn't fall out.
Not sure if this will be helpful, just going to read it myself. I have an issue in my bedroom and am wondering what I can do to resolve it. https://fengshuinexus.com/feng-shui-bedroom/feng-shui-bed-placement-rules-conflict-use/

This link is on this page which is interesting, it helps you calculate your kua number https://redlotusletter.com/resources/kua-calculator

There is this link too, I have read through it and it doesn't state about the bed next to the wall, but I remember reading somewhere that there should be space around the bed, just not between the headboard and the wall, that should always be up against the wall.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I think I did it? I clapped and clapped, holding my arms up and then bending down to clap the bottoms of the corners (is that a thing??), and then started laughing and laughing. I should have put the new puppy outside or something. In my new puppy exhaustion I completely forgot the point of him not being around whilst his mummy clapped the bad energy out. He thought it was fantastic though, standing up next to me and jumping around.

I may try again tomorrow. I hadn't thought to wear something purifying (like white). Sounds like a good idea. Might even put lipstick on, haven't done that in a year!

So I don't know if I did it right, but I do feel joyful, hence I'm counting it a win.

p.s. I really feel like I could feel everyone else's intentions. Might be fanciful thinking or I'm hormonal or something. But still, I felt *something*.
I have no doubt you did it better than me! Still, though, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Love the thought of your dancing dog! ❤😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Not sure if this will be helpful, just going to read it myself. I have an issue in my bedroom and am wondering what I can do to resolve it. https://fengshuinexus.com/feng-shui-bedroom/feng-shui-bed-placement-rules-conflict-use/

This link is on this page which is interesting, it helps you calculate your kua number https://redlotusletter.com/resources/kua-calculator

There is this link too, I have read through it and it doesn't state about the bed next to the wall, but I remember reading somewhere that there should be space around the bed, just not between the headboard and the wall, that should always be up against the wall.
What an interesting article. I do most of this - purely by chance. The blackout blinds (with sheer curtains on tie -backs), no tv n the bedroom actually ever in my life, no green plants - but never knew that they were bad - in the bedroom, calming interior paint and artwork, and pretty much all of the bed/furniture placings. I am a minimalist which really helps my peace of mind; zero clutter.

I think I have often thought of my interior style as a bit sterile so I decided to introduce one or two antique pieces (inherited) into each room some years ago and it has really helped to reconcile the past and the present for me in terms of interior design, but on my terms - I know that sounds weird but you have to find your own comfortable place, don’t you and it is so personal.

Last edited:
  • Heart
What an amazing day. SO glad I have done this. My journey...

Up at the crack of silly to do final tidy.
Opened all windows (took ages as quite large house)
Put Teddy Bear in garden whilst refusing to look at his face for fear of recrimination. (lovely day thankfully).
Breathed
Had a bath and wore nice clothes found in wardrobe when space clearing earlier in the week which I had forgotten I owned during 1 year lockdown.
Put full face of make up on!!! Barely recognised myself in mirror.
Set my intentions to rid house of all stagnant and stuck energy and replace it with uplifting, happy energy that would feel wonderful and energise me.
Lit my smudge stick.
Purified self with said smudge stick.
Started clapping at 11 am having sent lovely thoughts to all of you.
Clapped every corner until it stopped feeling ‘sticky’.
Checked self out at every mirror I passed and wondered who on earth it was looking back at me.
Carried on clapping
Clapped and clapped and clapped.
Started to feel tired. Carried on relentlessly though.
When each floor was clapped I wafted through with my white sage smudge stick. Coughed a bit when I got over-enthusiastic.
Finished smudging and clapping by 1pm.
Set table with best china tea pot and cup and saucer and had a lovely pot of Hibiscus tea, Rested and had a good think
Closed all windows and wandered around just feeling each room and smiled when I could smell the residue of sage left behind.
It felt wonderful. Light, airy and fresh...marvellous - I felt invigorated...
Thanked my house.
Let Teddy Bear back in. He didn’t recognise me and ran straight past me and scampered off to try and find his old owner... :m

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I stumbled across this thread and honestly it’s so fascinating 😍 I have crystals, sage, palo santo in my room beside my oil diffuser and salt lamp! I regularly cleanse my house with sage and charge crystals during the full moon 🌙 I’ve been reading a lot the last year about energy/ law of attraction and getting in to meditation/journaling/manifesting etc, I don’t know much about feng shui but would love to learn, I actually lived in China for 2 years and they were really in to it 🥰 A tarot card reader I went to recently told me reiki would benefit me and I was wondering how I would go about this during a pandemic? Can you do it on yourself?✨

• Haha
I stumbled across this thread and honestly it’s so fascinating 😍 I have crystals, sage, palo santo in my room beside my oil diffuser and salt lamp! I regularly cleanse my house with sage and charge crystals during the full moon 🌙 I’ve been reading a lot the last year about energy/ law of attraction and getting in to meditation/journaling/manifesting etc, I don’t know much about feng shui but would love to learn, I actually lived in China for 2 years and they were really in to it 🥰 A tarot card reader I went to recently told me reiki would benefit me and I was wondering how I would go about this during a pandemic? Can you do it on yourself?✨
I think @PixelGirl (who is a Reiki Master) sent our thread some good energy at the start!! 💛
Great to hear from you and Welcome! Seems like you have found us at the right time for you AND you have already started so well.:m

I used a contraption like this when I co-slept with my babies. It worked wonderfully and I was able to have the bed with space at both sides.
Hello and welcome! Maybe when the baby gets older you might be able to move the bed?:m

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Great to read you had such a good day @Oops... and a good result.

@Ef27 There are places you can learn online, I don't know anything about how good those are at all. I did mine in person with a couple that taught Reiki and I did my levels I II and III with them. Their lineage was strong too, so I was glad I chose them. There is the Reiki Federation in the UK and you can search there for Reiki training https://www.reikifed.co.uk/reiki-near-me/

These guys are offering the training online https://www.udemy.com/course/reikicourse/ I have taken other courses with them before and they've been okay but it varies from tutor to tutor. The reviews seem quite good. With level I you can do Reiki on yourself, level II on others and well as distant healing, then level III (Master) you can teach.

• Wow
  • Heart

@Ef27 There are places you can learn online, I don't know anything about how good those are at all. I did mine in person with a couple that taught Reiki and I did my levels I II and III with them. Their lineage was strong too, so I was glad I chose them. There is the Reiki Federation in the UK and you can search there for Reiki training https://www.reikifed.co.uk/reiki-near-me/

These guys are offering the training online https://www.udemy.com/course/reikicourse/ I have taken other courses with them before and they've been okay but it varies from tutor to tutor. The reviews seem quite good. With level I you can do Reiki on yourself, level II on others and well as distant healing, then level III (Master) you can teach.
Thank you SO much!!!! Love this post @PixelGirl - so hepful. 💛

Thank you so much! That’s very helpful ☺ I’m in Ireland but I’ll have a look at some online reiki courses, it would definitely be something useful and interesting to learn during lockdown 💛

• Heart
Hope you are well x

Just wanted to add my experience of the clapping on Sunday.
I got up, showered and dressed. Although I didn’t put much thought into what to wear so didn’t put on anything particularly nice...I’ll give give this a bit more thought next time.
I clapped all corners, it felt good and felt many different emotions as I was doing it. It helped that the weather was beautiful and was able to keep all of the windows open.
I think I did it all right. I’d like get a smudge stick, for next time.

I’ve been feeling rather anxious over the last few weeks. It sounds silly, but the thought of going back to ‘normal’ and particularly going back to the office, is filing me with dread. I’ve gotten into a nice routine working from home, which I’m really enjoying. I know it’s still months away, but I don’t know how I’m going to cope with the commute to and from work and be around people ALL day. Hoping to feel less nervous about this all.

• Heart
Well I think the clapping has done something here. We usually have a very peaceful household, so that hasn't changed. Yesterday evening after the morning clapping, we had Chinese takeaway and drinks. I hadn't had alcohol in a while and felt it intensely, remembering after the fact that it will invariably wake me up at 3am (thank you perimenopause - FML). Anyhow, I did wake up at 3am as expected. But instead of feeling irked like I would normally, I did not feel the anxiety that I would normally feel. Thoughts about lost sleep meaning a harder Monday, etc. Instead, my thoughts automatically went to positive ones and I drifted back to sleep. New puppy woke up at 5am to go out, took him out and returned him to his crate, and went back to bed. Again this is normal.

However, what wasn't normal is I didn't feel anxiety like I would have this morning. The gardner was due and I had a million things to do which would usually leave me feeling scattered. But I wasn't feeling scattered at all. Even the day itself, well it's been an amazing day. Lots of boring chores, work, puppy chores, etc. But I've felt so calm and peaceful. I think it was the clapping.

Thank you to everyone. I had never heard of clapping corners. At minimum all this Feng Shui talk has made me more conscious of my surroundings, my thoughts, my frequency, per se. I feel like I'm being a better worker, wife, mother, sister, daughter, as a result.

And the new puppy had his first pedicure today! LOL I expected a hassle, as I've yet to meet a puppy that enjoys the process. He struggled, he's ticklish, and wasn't having it. But we overcame, I outsmarted him, and his nails are beautifully smooth thanks to the Dremel. (If LEM is reading this, please trim Porter's nails! LOL)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hope you are well x

Just wanted to add my experience of the clapping on Sunday.
I got up, showered and dressed. Although I didn’t put much thought into what to wear so didn’t put on anything particularly nice...I’ll give give this a bit more thought next time.
I clapped all corners, it felt good and felt many different emotions as I was doing it. It helped that the weather was beautiful and was able to keep all of the windows open.
I think I did it all right. I’d like get a smudge stick, for next time.

I’ve been feeling rather anxious over the last few weeks. It sounds silly, but the thought of going back to ‘normal’ and particularly going back to the office, is filing me with dread. I’ve gotten into a nice routine working from home, which I’m really enjoying. I know it’s still months away, but I don’t know how I’m going to cope with the commute to and from work and be around people ALL day. Hoping to feel less nervous about this all.
So interesting that you felt many emotions whilst you were clapping. Clearly your focus was very intent and it sounds to me like you did it very well. The effects should carry on with you for a little while as you have created a bit of a re-set now and may find this overlaps and insinuates itself into clearer thinking in other areas of your life. I have decided to do my next clap at the beginning of October or sooner if I start to feel a bit stuck. Having done it this time you will sense when you need to do it again. SO glad it felt good for you to do it. 💛

I think you may be feeling what so many others are starting to feel vis going back to work. Are you able to entertain the thought of setting an intention to enjoying your work when you go back at all? Is it the work (I know your desk isn't in the right place at all) or is it the commute which makes you most anxious? Are you able to ask your employers if they would mind you carrying on working from home btw? If anyone who worked with me wrote and asked me that question I would definitely give it consideration. Perhaps you might say to them that you would be happy to attend zoom meetings but feel you are more productive at home and feel you have a great deal to offer them without the distractions of the office...you might cite the fact that you feel very over-looked at your desk. I am not trying to put words into your mouth of course but a lot of employers will have noticed an increase of productivity when workmates are working from home. (A strange anomaly which no-one might have imagined pre-Covid). It’s all dependent on the nature of your work of course and how much your employer values you and what you do for them. If yOu added up your total commute time there and back and halved it and then offered to donate that time to them that may help them consider your preference.I say donate because it’s against employment law to change someone’s contract of employment so your charitable donation to giving them some ‘free‘ work might not complicate matters for your HR department if it was suggested in that way. Just trying to think a little differently. I’m sure there’s a way through this...Do you have work colleagues who might feel the same way? Maybe if there are you might feel safer jointly approaching your employers on that basis perhaps...Just a few ideas...:m

Well I think the clapping has done something here. We usually have a very peaceful household, so that hasn't changed. Yesterday evening after the morning clapping, we had Chinese takeaway and drinks. I hadn't had alcohol in a while and felt it intensely, remembering after the fact that it will invariably wake me up at 3am (thank you perimenopause - FML). Anyhow, I did wake up at 3am as expected. But instead of feeling irked like I would normally, I did not feel the anxiety that I would normally feel. Thoughts about lost sleep meaning a harder Monday, etc. Instead, my thoughts automatically went to positive ones and I drifted back to sleep. New puppy woke up at 5am to go out, took him out and returned him to his crate, and went back to bed. Again this is normal.

However, what wasn't normal is I didn't feel anxiety like I would have this morning. The gardner was due and I had a million things to do which would usually leave me feeling scattered. But I wasn't feeling scattered at all. Even the day itself, well it's been an amazing day. Lots of boring chores, work, puppy chores, etc. But I've felt so calm and peaceful. I think it was the clapping.

Thank you to everyone. I had never heard of clapping corners. At minimum all this Feng Shui talk has made me more conscious of my surroundings, my thoughts, my frequency, per se. I feel like I'm being a better worker, wife, mother, sister, daughter, as a result.

And the new puppy had his first pedicure today! LOL I expected a hassle, as I've yet to meet a puppy that enjoys the process. He struggled, he's ticklish, and wasn't having it. But we overcame, I outsmarted him, and his nails are beautifully smooth thanks to the Dremel. (If LEM is reading this, please trim Porter's nails! LOL)
YAY! It’s CLEARLY working - you have had the overspill effect already! That’s brilliant news 💛 I need to work harder on my frequency - I know that but the clapping has really highlighted that to me. So maybe when you are conscious of it you can start to do something about it. Great result - sounds like you are steaming ahead what with this and your money toad and of course the ‘little soul‘ who sounds so perfect!! You got him at EXACTLY the right time!:m🐶

Last edited:
  • Heart
I ring a bell in my house to reset all the energy ... it works wonders.
I might try that sometime. I have a Tibetan singing bowl which is patiently sitting in its box not doing much. It has a tone like a bell.🔔 I like bells - a very dear friend gave me one a little while ago😇.

• Heart
So interesting that you felt many emotions whilst you were clapping. Clearly your focus was very intent and it sounds to me like you did it very well. The effects should carry on with you for a little while as you have created a bit of a re-set now and may find this overlaps and insinuates itself into clearer thinking in other areas of your life. I have decided to do my next clap at the beginning of October or sooner if I start to feel a bit stuck. Having done it this time you will sense when you need to do it again. SO glad it felt good for you to do it. 💛

I think you may be feeling what so many others are starting to feel vis going back to work. Are you able to entertain the thought of setting an intention to enjoying your work when you go back at all? Is it the work (I know your desk isn't in the right place at all) or is it the commute which makes you most anxious? Are you able to ask your employers if they would mind you carrying on working from home btw? If anyone who worked with me wrote and asked me that question I would definitely give it consideration. Perhaps you might say to them that you would be happy to attend zoom meetings but feel you are more productive at home and feel you have a great deal to offer them without the distractions of the office...you might cite the fact that you feel very over-looked at your desk. I am not trying to put words into your mouth of course but a lot of employers will have noticed an increase of productivity when workmates are working from home. (A strange anomaly which no-one might have imagined pre-Covid). It’s all dependent on the nature of your work of course and how much your employer values you and what you do for them. If yOu added up your total commute time there and back and halved it and then offered to donate that time to them that may help them consider your preference.I say donate because it’s against employment law to change someone’s contract of employment so your charitable donation to giving them some ‘free‘ work might not complicate matters for your HR department if it was suggested in that way. Just trying to think a little differently. I’m sure there’s a way through this...Do you have work colleagues who might feel the same way? Maybe if there are you might feel safer jointly approaching your employers on that basis perhaps...Just a few ideas...:m
Do you think it's something that is okay to be done frequently.. say monthly? or would that be too much? Don't want to mess anything up, but there are just a few things I'd like to do different next time, though there is no need for me to rush into it.

Re work, it's a combination of different elements making me extremely anxious. The commute being one of them! But also being around people all day again and certain office politics/dynamics. I feel so much happier and at peace at home. I am enjoying my job a lot more and am far more productive. The question of working from home post covid, has already come up. Your idea of 'donating' my time is excellent and one I would have gone for. Unfortunately, the company I work for are rather backwards in that respect; very set in their ways and not open to change. Very odd considering the industry I am in (I work for a large American corporation based in London, maybe this has some impact!?) They've acknowledged that productivity has increased this last year, but they want to go back to having an 'office presence' as soon as this is over :rolleyes:
Maybe it's time to find a new job!! xx

• Heart
💛
I owe you a huge apology! @whowouldhavethought - I accidentally replied to @happyforest whilst meaning to reply to you and say welcome! I welcomed her instead of you! I am such a twit... So very sorry about that. She will no doubt think it odd that having known her for quite some time I am welcoming her! Maybe I should get my coat.
Anyway, I think the only sensible thing to do is wait a little while until your baby gets a little bigger and then review the bed situation then. I hope you will return soon and WELCOME! 💛

Last edited:
  • Haha