Feng shui

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tell me about it! Best part of the day was snuggling up in bed and scrolling...I am hoping last night wasn’t a one off and I repeat the good sleep tonight. 🤞 I thought the same about dressing nicely and looking more like the old me too💛
A proper good night of sleep makes the world of difference to your mood, energy and appetite doesn't it!? I've wanted do nothing but sit and gorge on junk food these last few days. Hope that it wasn't a one off for you last night xx

Oh and of course I meant 'bit of makeup' not 'but of' :rolleyes: I must of been thinking about Lydia's water butt.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh no, not at all. I just thought it was a lovely idea to get dressed nicely and put a bit of makeup on. I've not had any excuse to do that for a while ☺

Ahh, I am terrible when it comes to looking at my phone and ipad before I (try to) go to sleep. I like to cosy up in bed an hour or so before and just browse and Tattle ;). Totally unnecessary as I can do all that in the living room. I'll try to let go of this habit and instead just read in bed. Like you mentioned though, it is a hard one to give up as we are all glued to our devices now. xx
Make sure if you do have devices in your bedroom that you put them on airplane mode before you go to sleep and tuck them away in a drawer if you can. The airplane mode is essential as your devices will constantly try to connect (handshake) with your wifi throughout the night and the electronic energy will disturb your sleep.

• Heart
I'm really struggling to make my home office more Feng Shui-friendly.

It is a small room and I have a corner workstation ... so it makes sense to put that up against the wall, with the window off to my left. But in doing so, my back faces the door, I'm facing the wall, and I have a huge empty space behind me. Ironically, I found an article that pictured 'ideal home Feng Shui set-ups' that had my exact configuration! (But I know it's not the best set-up).

My current 'fix' is to hang a mirror in the corner where the two walls meet (that I look to), so I can see what's behind me; I also have brightly coloured artwork with pleasant scenes (boats, beaches, etc.), adorning the walls.

Does anyone else have any ideas about what I could do? (I don't want to replace my desk).

Reactions: 3
With the clapping, can it be done if my children are around or should I go it when it's just me in the house?

Reactions: 2
Hi everyone I've read this whole thread yesterday and want to join! I already do yoga/crystals and a bit of law of attraction type stuff but want to get into feng shui.

I'm decorating my (tiny 2 bed) house at the moment as due 3rd baby in August and feel like we can manage with this small house until the new year (as a morgage to move isn't an option right now due to furlough/husbend self employed etc) so just wanted to do massive de clutter and I'm Marie kondoing as I go.

I did with my last baby and alot of the principles have stuck with me regarding clearing clutter regularly, not holding onto stuff indefinitely. I've decided to feng shui as I go to so trying to implement what I've read here as much as poss.

Unfortunately my bed is stuck in the coffin position and can't really be moved otherwise cot won't fit and no other option. I have an open rail instead of a wardrobe which Is opposite my bed and again can't fit anywhere else. As I can't move or get rid of it is there anything I could do to give it better energy principles? Such as colour coding the garments maybe? Ordering them in dark to light?

Reactions: 2

It is a small room and I have a corner workstation ... so it makes sense to put that up against the wall, with the window off to my left. But in doing so, my back faces the door, I'm facing the wall, and I have a huge empty space behind me. Ironically, I found an article that pictured 'ideal home Feng Shui set-ups' that had my exact configuration! (But I know it's not the best set-up).

My current 'fix' is to hang a mirror in the corner where the two walls meet (that I look to), so I can see what's behind me; I also have brightly coloured artwork with pleasant scenes (boats, beaches, etc.), adorning the walls.

Does anyone else have any ideas about what I could do? (I don't want to replace my desk).
@1001 others What you are doing sounds good to me, have a look at this image and see if you can actually do anything with the way things are actually on your desk. The mirror to counter the door situation seems like a good fix and I have seen this mentioned as a way to get around having your back to the door.

1614863721962.png

With the clapping, can it be done if my children are around or should I go it when it's just me in the house?
@Arts911 Young children are sensitive to energy changes so I had a look and it seems it is suggested you do it when they aren't in the house. Maybe if it's a nice day they could play in the garden while you do it.

Hi everyone I've read this whole thread yesterday and want to join! I already do yoga/crystals and a bit of law of attraction type stuff but want to get into feng shui.

I'm decorating my (tiny 2 bed) house at the moment as due 3rd baby in August and feel like we can manage with this small house until the new year (as a morgage to move isn't an option right now due to furlough/husbend self employed etc) so just wanted to do massive de clutter and I'm Marie kondoing as I go.

I did with my last baby and alot of the principles have stuck with me regarding clearing clutter regularly, not holding onto stuff indefinitely. I've decided to feng shui as I go to so trying to implement what I've read here as much as poss.

Unfortunately my bed is stuck in the coffin position and can't really be moved otherwise cot won't fit and no other option. I have an open rail instead of a wardrobe which Is opposite my bed and again can't fit anywhere else. As I can't move or get rid of it is there anything I could do to give it better energy principles? Such as colour coding the garments maybe? Ordering them in dark to light?
@Yogarow I had a quick look for you, I am in no way an expert but it seems there are fixes for the coffin position. Have a read of this x At least if you look into it now when you do come to move you can look for the things you don't want to have, toilet over the front door for instance.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
@1001 others What you are doing sounds good to me, have a look at this image and see if you can actually do anything with the way things are actually on your desk. The mirror to counter the door situation seems like a good fix and I have seen this mentioned as a way to get around having your back to the door.

View attachment 466437

@Arts911 Young children are sensitive to energy changes so I had a look and it seems it is suggested you do it when they aren't in the house. Maybe if it's a nice day they could play in the garden while you do it.

@Yogarow I had a quick look for you, I am in no way an expert but it seems there are fixes for the coffin position. Have a read of this x At least if you look into it now when you do come to move you can look for the things you don't want to have, toilet over the front door for instance.
Ah thank you! Upon reading, I'm not actually in line directly with the door, I'm facing the door but to the slight left of the doorway so when I rearrange the room I will try and move abit more to left! Feel better about that now! Realised the baby would be however directly in coffin position so may rethink and put baby on other side xx

• Heart

View attachment 466437

Ah thank you! Upon reading, I'm not actually in line directly with the door, I'm facing the door but to the slight left of the doorway so when I rearrange the room I will try and move abit more to left! Feel better about that now! Realised the baby would be however directly in coffin position so may rethink and put baby on other side xx
Yes I saw that too. I thought you couldn’t have your feet facing the wall the door was on but reading that link, it looks like it’s only a problem if it’s in line of the door e.g. you walk straight in from the door and walk straight into the bed. That should be avoided.
Is that correct?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes I saw that too. I thought you couldn’t have your feet facing the wall the door was on but reading that link, it looks like it’s only a problem if it’s in line of the door e.g. you walk straight in from the door and walk straight into the bed. That should be avoided.
Is that correct?
Yes, that is my understanding, your feet when you lie in bed must not be directly in line with the door opening. To one side is fine.

• Heart
Yes, that is my understanding, your feet when you lie in bed must not be directly in line with the door opening. To one side is fine.
Great! I might be able to rearrange my room then. Thank you.

• Heart
Young children no it can be a bit disconcerting. Babies no. Older/teenagers yes (providing not over anxious by nature) . Pets probably don't benefit either.
Pets and small ones can go outside if the weather is good. I put my little dog in the garden when I clapped on Sunday and as it was such a nice day he forgave me 💛

WELCOME! You might possibly put a small convex mirror on your bedroom door on the outside as this will deflect the energy from entering your room and then if possible keep the bedroom door closed whilst you are in bed. In the meantime look at furniture positions you can implement in your next home - it’s great fun to do this and maximises your intention to move when the circumstances are more favourable too. You can plan it room by room and hold it in your mind’s eye. Then when you start viewing properties in the future the perfect one will spring up because you will recognise it from how you’ve previously planned it. Just an idea and hope it helps. Good luck with baby no 3 and great that you are doing all your sorting out now. I bet it feels great afterwards. 💛

Might it be possible to turn the desk round so that you can sit in the corner facing into the room do you think? This will take up more of the room possibly, however if you can tolerate that maybe try it. Might you be able to try that just for 2 weeks and see if there is a difference for you? If you hate the look of it though don’t do it 💛

Just to say - (re reply to @1001 others ) No good Feng Shui Master would condone ‘if you hate the look of it don’t do it’! When I could not live with 2 of the things my FSM told me to do in my study I was royally told off for not implementing them! I argued that I did not want to go into the room with the configuration he was recommending. The way he wanted me to have it grated really badly on me as IMO it spoiled the look of the room. Just thought I should add that. I have mentioned it before but its much higher up the thread. An FSM might argue don’t worry about the aesthetics worry about the right position...just sayin’ :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Heart
My rose quartz crystal arrived today. It doesn't look like what I ordered online. It's "milkier" than the one in the photo. Sigh. I still think it's lovely, so that should be ok, I think.

Anyhow, I held it in my hand and thought positive thoughts, and had my husband do it too. He did raise an eyebrow, bless him.

The center of my house is exactly where the refrigerator sits. I'd have to put the crystal on the fridge (think large American refrigerator) to put it right at the center, which feels wrong to me. The wall directly behind it has a table (it is the living room). Would it be ok to put the crystal on the table directly behind the fridge? Thoughts?

I'm happy to put the crystal on the fridge if that's preferable. Just at a loss as to where to put it to get maximum effect.

My rose quartz crystal arrived today. It doesn't look like what I ordered online. It's "milkier" than the one in the photo. Sigh. I still think it's lovely, so that should be ok, I think.

Anyhow, I held it in my hand and thought positive thoughts, and had my husband do it too. He did raise an eyebrow, bless him.

The center of my house is exactly where the refrigerator sits. I'd have to put the crystal on the fridge (think large American refrigerator) to put it right at the center, which feels wrong to me. The wall directly behind it has a table (it is the living room). Would it be ok to put the crystal on the table directly behind the fridge? Thoughts?

I'm happy to put the crystal on the fridge if that's preferable. Just at a loss as to where to put it to get maximum effect.
Congratulations. Maybe your husband might like obsidian? It‘s quite masculine. Could you bear to put the rose quartz in the fridge would that feel better to you maybe? Otherwise if the table is on the wall behind the fridge you might be getting it into your central square anyway. Another solution might be to get another rose quartz and do both. I’ve got them all over the place because I love them :rolleyes: If your crystal feels right then its perfect for you btw. My big exterior one (heart of house on terrace) is different to my interior ones - they are all milky come to think of it.💛

• Heart
That's a brilliant idea!! I'll put it inside the fridge. Thank you, @Oops...

And I'll get some more. Obsidian - off to google what that is for.

I came across a Marie Diamond video and she was talking about vision board. Do any of you do vision board? If so, can you share some of your experience with it?

• Heart
I came across a Marie Diamond video and she was talking about vision board. Do any of you do vision board? If so, can you share some of your experience with it?
I used to have a physical one when I was younger (back then it didn't really have a name for me though, I just used to cut out pictures of my "dream life" and put them on a corkboard to keep them in mind every day) but I didn't consider it to be a goal oriented one.

I am currently building one on Pinterest - it's private so only I see it, but it helps me envision the final result of a goal I have in mind so I can focus getting there instead of short term losses and set backs. I'd recommend it, it's fun and helpful.

• Heart
I have three in the form of large whiteboards hanging in my study, which I stick pictures to that I've printed. I sit facing towards them, so when I shift my eyes to take a break from the computer they're the first thing I see. I actually updated one of them recently, as I realised nearly everything on it had come to fruition (my car - have always wanted a Mini Cooper convertible, and managed to find one that looks just like my picture, from a friend of a friend who had upgraded to a brand new one; my kitchen, which I had upgraded two years ago; things to do with my business; and a whole lot of other house aesthetic things).

I tried an electronic one but it became a chore to look at it constantly.

They really do work!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I get lost with an electronic one, but a physical one not so much. When my marriage broke down I created one to help pull me out of the deep seemingly endless hole I found myself in. (I had to literally claw my way back up to the surface, and my confidence is still not what it used to be.) I didn't think too heavily about it, chose images that spoke to me and stuck them on to a sheet of A3 paper. I kept it visible stuck to the fridge and so saw it every time I got something from the fridge. Quite a few things on my board actually came to fruition without me consciously thinking of them. We moved and I packed the board up and failed to stick it up at our new home. When I found it and looked it over so many things had happened, not in the exact same way but similar. This lady has a free download you can access, she is a decent person and I know someone who actually works alongside her in the US. https://christinekane.com/yours-for-free-the-complete-guide-to-vision-boards-and-other-gifts-too/ There is a psychology of vision boards, if that is the correct term, I will see if I can find it, ie areas much like feng shui have attributes.

I've also found this, don't know anything about this website. https://www.cleverism.com/vision-board-guide/

• Heart
Thank you @lemonlime @1001 others @PixelGirl for sharing 💕 . This past year has been rough and I feel that I need a new direction to focus. Just downloaded Christine kane book. Please let me know if you come across any that has some feng shui attributes. I am going to get started on my vision board this week.

• Heart
Thank you @lemonlime @1001 others @PixelGirl for sharing 💕 . This past year has been rough and I feel that I need a new direction to focus. Just downloaded Christine kane book. Please let me know if you come across any that has some feng shui attributes. I am going to get started on my vision board this week.
Big hugs @DandyTandy these horrible feelings don't last forever xx

I have found these two which I am going to have a read of https://peacelovefengshui.com/feng-shui-vision-board/ and https://hilaryhartling.com/blog/2021-vision-board

• Heart