Feng shui

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have one. It’s placed adjacent to my front door and the frog is facing into the room.
I‘ve done the same in my Dad’s house. When the house is sold I’ll be bringing his frog to my home and I’ll be placing him adjacent to the door we use the most, again facing inwards.
It is recommended, if possible, to place them on a surface about pocket height so that it attracts money into your pockets!
I read they should face inwards so that it attracts wealth into the home.

This is the one I have (no affiliation with the company, just a happy customer - I chose this site because it’s run by a Feng Shui Master). https://www.fengshuiweb.co.uk/shop/cures/three-legged-toad-god-td3/
Thank you that’s helpful.
I also have this. I’m not sure where to hang it
22ED5288-65BD-4E17-AFB1-9A3A9923F62D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Oo I don’t know, perhaps someone more knowledgable can help.
Alternatively do they sell similar on the site I just linked to? If they do, they usually state the best placement for cures.
They have a six coin one

Reactions: 1
@50sGirl
I had to sell my Dad's house, so I know how you feel, my condolences to you.
I think it's lovely that you left some of his possessions in the house, when it was being viewed.
I've had my offer accepted on a house, which is a probate sale, and the family have included the contents, which are nearly new because the poor lady died only a couple of years after moving in.
There's a nice cosy atmosphere in the house, I got a real sense of the lady. I'm sure people viewing your Dad's house had the same nice feeling.
I have a feng shui question to anyone on here 😊 The house I'm about to buy has a road leading up towards the front of the house, not directly up to it, my house would be a further along.
The house is kind of at a crossroads but a couple of doors down from the junctions, if that makes sense!
I think that a road leading right up to your front door is meant to be bad luck and you should have a mirror at the front of your house to deflect, is that right?
Is being near a crossroads bad luck too, just wondering what people think please? Ta!

• Heart
@50sGirl
I think it's lovely that you left some of his possessions in the house, when it was being viewed.
I've had my offer accepted on a house, which is a probate sale, and the family have included the contents, which are nearly new because the poor lady died only a couple of years after moving in.
There's a nice cosy atmosphere in the house, I got a real sense of the lady. I'm sure people viewing your Dad's house had the same nice feeling.
I have a feng shui question to anyone on here 😊 The house I'm about to buy has a road leading up towards the front of the house, not directly up to it, my house would be a further along.
The house is kind of at a crossroads but a couple of doors down from the junctions, if that makes sense!
I think that a road leading right up to your front door is meant to be bad luck and you should have a mirror at the front of your house to deflect, is that right?
Is being near a crossroads bad luck too, just wondering what people think please? Ta!
Thank you for your lovely words.
If the house you are buying felt right then I’m sure it will be fine. Do the roads go directly “into” the front door if they continued onto your property? (Hope that makes sense) If so, could you plant a hedge or build a low wall at the front to ward off bad energy?

I think Bagua mirrors are supposed to be good outside by the front door. I ordered one a while back, I must put it up!

Now I need some help in my own home please.
We have a new neighbour who is an absolute nightmare. I won’t go into detail here but she is so inconsiderate of her neighbours it is awful. Is there anything I can use to ward off the negativity I feel coming from her side? Thankfully we are detached from her so do not share a building but I feel I need to deflect her nastiness away from across my driveway. We have a window that faces opposite her back gate. Thank you.

• Heart
Hello @50sGirl ☺

I am not sure if this is strictly Feng Shui, but I would think of

Crystals
- Black tourmaline around your neck or maybe placed in the driveway (protected)
- Obsidian rocks in the driveway

and
Herbs
- I would plant/place a rosemary bush in the driveway

There might also be some statues, but I only know about the Asian ones and this might be cultural appropriation.

• Heart
Thank you for your lovely words.
If the house you are buying felt right then I’m sure it will be fine. Do the roads go directly “into” the front door if they continued onto your property? (Hope that makes sense) If so, could you plant a hedge or build a low wall at the front to ward off bad energy?

I think Bagua mirrors are supposed to be good outside by the front door. I ordered one a while back, I must put it up!

Now I need some help in my own home please.
We have a new neighbour who is an absolute nightmare. I won’t go into detail here but she is so inconsiderate of her neighbours it is awful. Is there anything I can use to ward off the negativity I feel coming from her side? Thankfully we are detached from her so do not share a building but I feel I need to deflect her nastiness away from across my driveway. We have a window that faces opposite her back gate. Thank you.
The roads sort of bends away and doesn't come straight on up to the front door, I think I will get a mirror to put over the front door anyway!
Maybe you could put up your mirror in a way that deflects that neighbour? 🙂

• Heart
I’ve made my visual board to sell my apartment. Thank you for the advice!

My money toad arrived today. I’ve put him on the turn of the stairs, which faces the front door. I’m hoping he’ll bring us good fortune, we really need it

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve made my visual board to sell my apartment. Thank you for the advice!

My money toad arrived today. I’ve put him on the turn of the stairs, which faces the front door. I’m hoping he’ll bring us good fortune, we really need it
I wrote “sold” on the house brochure and put it in a red envelope. I then placed it under the front door mat. I also placed a money toad facing inwards by the front door.
We had one offer after 6 days and another after 13 days which we accepted.

Good luck!

• Heart
Re crystals and protection:
A few days ago I received a black tourmaline necklace that I’d ordered online. I’m not happy with it, it just doesn’t feel right so I’m sending it back. I’m sure I read somewhere it’s best to choose the crystals yourself if you can so that you choose the right one. Unfortunately I can’t do that so I’ve ordered a couple of different ones online so fingers crossed these feel right.

What has happened to the regular posters - @Oops... and @1001 others to name just two?
I’m missing their knowledge.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I went to Chinatown yesterday and bought more coins for my under mats. And a small stone turtle. I’m not sure where to put this though

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi, bringing this thread back up again. Do any of you notice a shift in energy when setting things up for Christmas? Moving things around for the decor rations and tree?

• Heart
A few days ago I received a black tourmaline necklace that I’d ordered online. I’m not happy with it, it just doesn’t feel right so I’m sending it back. I’m sure I read somewhere it’s best to choose the crystals yourself if you can so that you choose the right one. Unfortunately I can’t do that so I’ve ordered a couple of different ones online so fingers crossed these feel right.

What has happened to the regular posters - @Oops... and @1001 others to name just two?
Missing @Oops... so much 😐

She was on the vignettes and pets thread but not been seen for a long time.

• Heart
  • Sad
@50sGirl
Great to hear you got an offer accepted! I know that if your front door is opposite a T junction it can cause a lot of arguments because the chi runs straight into it. I don’t know about a crossroads though but it would be easy to research it. If your front door lies at the head of a junction you can place a mirror on it so it reflects the fast chi right back down the road. Don’t place the mirror too high though. X

Missing @Oops... so much 😐

She was on the vignettes and pets thread but not been seen for a long time.
As if by magic! So sorry I have been away. Had a bit of a hiatus as I lost a dear friend and some of my beloved staff have been hospitalised with vaccine injuries...I have read how well your daughter did in her exams and I am SO happy to hear this. I did a little skip when I read that. 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽🥰🥰🥰. I know how happy this will have made you too!
I have really missed you xxx

Hi, bringing this thread back up again. Do any of you notice a shift in energy when setting things up for Christmas? Moving things around for the decor rations and tree?
Yes it definitely feel different. Re- energised somehow...😀

Question about the money frog. How many do you have per house and best place for them? Thanks
You just need one if you set your intentions properly. Also you need to thank him for working so hard for you and give him weekends off and 4 weeks holiday a year. Simples....x

I went to Chinatown yesterday and bought more coins for my under mats. And a small stone turtle. I’m not sure where to put this though
Put your turtle outside you back door facing in towards your house x

Last edited:
  • Heart
@Oops... so lovely to hear from you and all the advice. We’ve just had an unexpectedly large tax bill so need all the help we can get xxxx

• Sad
@Oops... so lovely to hear from you and all the advice. We’ve just had an unexpectedly large tax bill so need all the help we can get xxxx
Set your intention and do the lottery!!! 😂🙏X

So glad you sent it back if it didn’t feel right. If something doesn’t feel right it’s not right. If someone doesn’t feel right they aren’t right. I could expand hugely on that but I think it’s enough to say trust your inner bell/ voice. This is SO important at every stage in life. I would have this put on school syllabuses if I could. X

We could all band together and do a joint experiment...it might be a bit of fun for Christmas. Why don’t we all set our intention for a lottery win and see what happens if we do the lottery with intention? Just a thought...🍾🎄🐢🐸

I will set my intention and report back 😜

Last edited:
  • Heart
So here’s my first result…

I won £5 and also a free go…so it’s better than nothing
1639333019619.png

• Heart
This thread seems to be dead but I want to drop by and thank for the advice. I've been reading your posts in hopes of making my home a feel good place. After a few weeks of anxiety and feeling stagnant, and two days of intense cleaning which left me feeling anything but refreshed, I tried smudging and clapping. Despite practically uprooting the whole flat, I still felt trapped but after thesmudging, opening the windows and clapping for a good few minutes (my hands were sore), I really felt a weight lifting off my chest. I still don't know if I believe that it was the smudging or just the act of doing something about it, but whatever happened, it helped. I intend to continue! Thank you all :m

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This thread seems to be dead but I want to drop by and thank for the advice. I've been reading your posts in hopes of making my home a feel good place. After a few weeks of anxiety and feeling stagnant, and two days of intense cleaning which left me feeling anything but refreshed, I tried smudging and clapping. Despite practically uprooting the whole flat, I still felt trapped but after thesmudging, opening the windows and clapping for a good few minutes (my hands were sore), I really felt a weight lifting off my chest. I still don't know if I believe that it was the smudging or just the act of doing something about it, but whatever happened, it helped. I intend to continue! Thank you all :m
That sounds great! I'm not sure who is checking in on here....
@Oops... Are you out there?

I just had a tax rebate which was totally unexpected! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7