Feng shui

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you ever so much @Kittycat86 thank you for taking the time to write me such a helpful message. I appreciate it. I will definitely give it a go today, as it’s a new moon once I’m back from work this evening. Xx

Thank you to @Geranium and @whathastheworldcometo for checking in on me. I know time is a healer and it will hopefully get better but it is just so so hard to overcome it after investing yourself so much emotionally in another person. I keep wishing daily that he will reconsider it.
No need to thank me, if I can help I will happily do so and this is something I actually had something to contribute to.
I hope it helps you, I obviously don’t know the reasoning behind the split, maybe you should try and change the mindset of the feelings.

Instead of feeling hurt that his gone and dwelling, try to feel happiness that you had your time together good or bad.
He simply wasn’t who you’re meant to be with and now his gone someone better will come along and your heart will fill whole and happy again and he will become a distant memory.

Be thankful for those memories and think of them but don’t live in them as that isn’t healthy and you will never thrive living in the shadow of things of the past.

May I also suggest a couple of poets to you, Atticus and Beau Taplin.
You can find them on Insta and they have several books between them, when I’ve gone through a similar situation I found them and they literally wrote what I was feeling far better than I could ever verbalise.
I cried because I realised it wasn’t just me who was feeling this way but it also brought me joy to read them and strength that it will all be ok ☺

I hope you feel better and just know everyone has someone and you will find him eventually and be happy x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Morning @Kittycat86! I meant to reply yesterday but didn’t get the chance. I did put my intentions out on the new moon as you suggested.
Thank you once again for the words of encouragement, they really really helped. Tears still come at any time of the day, but I have faith the near future will be filled with happiness 💖 I have decided I will be keeping my distance from him, we have actually been texting and calling each other daily even after things ended more than a month ago, but yesterday for the first time I didn’t respond to his text.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Morning @Hi there
Honestly you’re more than welcome and I’m just glad I could help you.
These little rituals on the new moon may not always manifest straight away so don’t lose heart as that’s the easiest way for them to fail or they may manifest in ways that you didn’t quite intend but are still what you need not maybe what you wanted.

I promise you and this is something I can guarantee…you will feel better in time.
Trust me.
I have been through similar, heck everyone has at some point and if someone told me that at the time I would’ve said you’re wrong.
Looking back now I realise how right they was and I’m so much happier now.

You’re mourning the loss of the relationship and his presence and nobody can take that process away from you but honestly the best thing you can do is cut him off.
Maybe not forever but right now while you’re healing from the break up and need time to move on you need to cut ties and have no more communication.

It will only keep fuelling the desire to keep doing it and wanting him when you need to try and make yourself happy and come to terms with the situation.
If you can be friends or even just talk in the future then great, right now you need to put some boundaries in place until you’re ready to be around him in whatever capacity that is.
Whether it be via the phone or whatever else knowing it won’t upset you or build hopes when you eventually do speak again.

Those boundaries are yours to choose but the 1st I would suggest is no communication as of now and you’re already on that path but it needs to happen for you to move on
It will help you to realise you know what we wasn’t good together romantically for whatever reason, we’re not bad people just not quite right for each other but I don’t hold a grudge and I’m ready to find someone new.

I know we don’t know each other but I truly hope you feel better and I promise you that you will be happy again x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Question re Feng Shui and business;

Husband is self employed. I file his invoices to customers in a blue A4 ring binder. I also file his bank statements and VAT return in another blue A4 binder.
Would a different colour binder be more auspicious or a patterned binder or attach coins, etc?
Would appreciate any thoughts please.
Deffo change to RED! Put 3 coins tried with red ribbon on front of both! Can’t tell you how important this is. In my company we kept the first invoice book as a memento. It became so battered over the years and then we changed to paperless. Anyway do please try it. BTW my company grew into a national company so it worked for me...💛

852901D8-9060-4131-BAB6-D7FA89011C55.jpeg

First invoice folder cover from 25 years ago...

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Morning @Kittycat86! I meant to reply yesterday but didn’t get the chance. I did put my intentions out on the new moon as you suggested.
Thank you once again for the words of encouragement, they really really helped. Tears still come at any time of the day, but I have faith the near future will be filled with happiness 💖 I have decided I will be keeping my distance from him, we have actually been texting and calling each other daily even after things ended more than a month ago, but yesterday for the first time I didn’t respond to his text.
I hate to think of you in tears but I think you’re making the right decision to keep your distance. I know others have said it and it’s hard to believe but one day you will be happy again.
I have seen my daughter in bits over men and convinced she will be in agony for ever but she has recovered. It’s just such a horrible process to endure. Sending you love xx

• Heart
So if you remember we wanted to sell & we did for over the asking price after the first day on, we had 5 offers over the asking price & after meeting a lovely couple of ftb accepted their offer. We are deciding between a new build prop on it’s a row of three houses & we can’t decide between the two end ones 🥰 mortgage accepted in principle but still some number crunching to do x looking forward to no more hour round trip school runs 🙌🏼 Any tips for bringing in a fortune or helping decide on a house most welcome x ive popped the plot photo on I know it seems 370 might not be a good option but it’s got a garage

Attachments

• Heart
Hi all. I’ve been quietly following this thread and enjoy your insights. I was reading an article about the benefits of snake plants. It absorbs CO2, removes allergens and toxins like formaldehyde and toluene from the air. The article said it is also good “feng shui” but didn’t get into it much. What do we know about this and other houseplants in those terms? I know money tree has been discussed. I just love my snake plant which has grown so much that today I divided it into 2 new plants. What a gift! 🪴💚

• Heart
Deffo change to RED! Put 3 coins tried with red ribbon on front of both! Can’t tell you how important this is. In my company we kept the first invoice book as a memento. It became so battered over the years and then we changed to paperless. Anyway do please try it. BTW my company grew into a national company so it worked for me...💛

View attachment 614332

First invoice folder cover from 25 years ago...
I’ve bought 2 red folders. Just need to get the coins now.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So if you remember we wanted to sell & we did for over the asking price after the first day on, we had 5 offers over the asking price & after meeting a lovely couple of ftb accepted their offer. We are deciding between a new build prop on it’s a row of three houses & we can’t decide between the two end ones 🥰 mortgage accepted in principle but still some number crunching to do x looking forward to no more hour round trip school runs 🙌🏼 Any tips for bringing in a fortune or helping decide on a house most welcome x ive popped the plot photo on I know it seems 370 might not be a good option but it’s got a garage
Hi again so very happy to hear all your excellent good news! This came from your focus and set intentions. Well done.

Please can you put up a larger site plan and say which of the
houses you are considering? It’s hard to see the most auspicious position without details of surrounding property. Thank you xx

For instance it’s important not to live in the end house in a cul de sac...

Hi all. I’ve been quietly following this thread and enjoy your insights. I was reading an article about the benefits of snake plants. It absorbs CO2, removes allergens and toxins like formaldehyde and toluene from the air. The article said it is also good “feng shui” but didn’t get into it much. What do we know about this and other houseplants in those terms? I know money tree has been discussed. I just love my snake plant which has grown so much that today I divided it into 2 new plants. What a gift! 🪴💚
I know that spiky plants like cactus are not good indoors as they can cause arguments and spiky conversations. I am not sure of what a snake plant is can you put up a photo?

Hi again so very happy to hear all your excellent good news! This came from your focus and set intentions. Well done.

Please can you put up a larger site plan and say which of the
houses you are considering? It’s hard to see the most auspicious position without details of surrounding property. Thank you xx

For instance it’s important not to live in the end house in a cul de sac...

I know that spiky plants like cactus are not good indoors as they can cause arguments and spiky conversations. I am not sure of what a snake plant is can you put up a photo?
The plot is the where the red dot is, end house but it isn’t a cul de sac

Attachments

Mine is similar to this. Coincidentally, found this article while looking for images. Snake plant aka Sanseveria aka mother-in-law’s tongue! (No joke) 😂

interesting about cacti and conversations! I have a few of those and handle them with care. I think they are misunderstood, but I will keep what you mention in mind.

5BA155E7-C293-4635-881B-5F1EA4A135E1.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Hi there,

I love this thread, I’ve read it a couple of times and I’ve learnt so much - thank you all for everything you share.

Can I ask a couple of questions please? I’ve bought some money toads (and have had two lots of good financial news despite them still being in their boxes!) and wanted to ask how I go about setting their intentions when I put them on display in the house? Are there certain words I should say or a little ritual to do?

Also, the rose quartz crystal in the centre of my home, does it have to be hanging or could it be placed on a shelf?

Thanks all 🥰

Reactions: 1
Hi there,

I love this thread, I’ve read it a couple of times and I’ve learnt so much - thank you all for everything you share.

Can I ask a couple of questions please? I’ve bought some money toads (and have had two lots of good financial news despite them still being in their boxes!) and wanted to ask how I go about setting their intentions when I put them on display in the house? Are there certain words I should say or a little ritual to do?

Also, the rose quartz crystal in the centre of my home, does it have to be hanging or could it be placed on a shelf?

Thanks all 🥰
I think with the money toads they need something red on them to “activate” them. So either a red ribbon tied to it, although some have red eyes or are red anyway are so already activated or you could sit it on a red piece of paper.

Speaking of money toads, we are about to put my Dad’s house on the market. We’ve cleaned and decluttered throughout but is it worth placing a money toad in the hallway, facing away from the front door so that it invites in money/offers? I’ve not done anything Feng Shui based in Dad’s house so any small (and discreet) ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Heart
I think with the money toads they need something red on them to “activate” them. So either a red ribbon tied to it, although some have red eyes or are red anyway are so already activated or you could sit it on a red piece of paper.

Speaking of money toads, we are about to put my Dad’s house on the market. We’ve cleaned and decluttered throughout but is it worth placing a money toad in the hallway, facing away from the front door so that it invites in money/offers? I’ve not done anything Feng Shui based in Dad’s house so any small (and discreet) ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.
Maybe put some coins near the front door?

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Oh great, thank you. I bought some red coasters for them to sit on but didn’t know if I should talk to them as I put them out 😂

I don’t know about your Dad’s house, someone like Oops would be best to advise. As someone suggested maybe 3 coins under the doormat? I know 3 is an auspicious number and someone else shared on here that they did that with their weekly lottery ticket and won (not millions unfortunately!) so maybe that would help.
Good luck with the sale of your Dad’s house, I hope it all goes smoothly for you. I don’t comment on here often but I read your posts about your Dad, both before and after he passed and I could tell how special he was and how much you love him x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi there,

Thanks all 🥰
The rose quartz will be very happy on a shelf. I have several all over the house and none are suspended.

Lovely to hear your toads are giving good results even from inside their boxes! Setting intentions just means telling them (maybe out loud) what you would like them to do for you. You can give each one a different job or give them both the same one whichever feels right. Turn them round at weekends so they can relax 😄. Please keep us informed at what transpires now they have ‘broken free’.💛

Oh great, thank you. I bought some red coasters for them to sit on but didn’t know if I should talk to them as I put them out 😂

I don’t know about your Dad’s house, someone like Oops would be best to advise. As someone suggested maybe 3 coins under the doormat? I know 3 is an auspicious number and someone else shared on here that they did that with their weekly lottery ticket and won (not millions unfortunately!) so maybe that would help.
Good luck with the sale of your Dad’s house, I hope it all goes smoothly for you. I don’t comment on here often but I read your posts about your Dad, both before and after he passed and I could tell how special he was and how much you love him x
Such a lovely post to leave. 💛

If it feels right for you to do this I would go right ahead yes. You might also want to place one in the money corner of the sitting room. In addition if it is possible to advertise the property as “offers over” rather than a specific price you are setting your intention for an upward bidding situation. ( Just a small tip to help if it feels right). Hope this helps and please keep us all posted. X

The plot is the where the red dot is, end house but it isn’t a cul de sac
Thanks for that. On the map it looks like there is no exit at the top of the road so the house at the top will possibly suffer with the rush of energy that can’t keep moving. This isn’t the one you have marked so you should be fine. My only reservation might be that it’s a triangular plot. However, I imagine there will be fences up so it will not look triangular from your property. You may want to plant trees along the garden fence that backs on to the triangle shape. Good luck with this exciting new beginning and the time it will save you on the round trip travelling problem. As ever, do keep us posted. It is so interesting to hear of improvements and their results. Go girl 💛

Last edited:

Thank you, that means a lot.
I know I probably mention him more than I should but he’s left a huge gap in my life.
He was a very special man. I was very lucky to be his daughter.
I’ve worked so hard on his house, decluttering but without removing “him”.
On his desk I’ve placed a few books that relate to his life, alongside his glasses and his mug, and in his bedroom on the chest of drawers is his hat that he wore in the summer as if it’s there just waiting for him to pop it on before going out into the garden.
I know most will find that silly but it helps me deal with it.
When I see the estate agent’s photos I want it to still look like his home, not a impersonal show home or even worse like a “probate” house that you can spot a mile off on RightMove. I’m sure you all know the ones I mean - unloved and half empty where it’s starting to be cleared by the family. I just couldn’t do that to the place he loved.
(And there I go again, talking about him more than I should!) 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I know I probably mention him more than I should but he’s left a huge gap in my life.
On his desk I’ve placed a few books that relate to his life, alongside his glasses and his mug, and in his bedroom on the chest of drawers is his hat that he wore in the summer as if it’s there just waiting for him to pop it on before going out into the garden.
When I see the estate agent’s photos I want it to still look like his home, not a impersonal show home or even worse like a “probate” house that you can spot a mile off on RightMove. I’m sure you all know the ones I mean - unloved and half empty where it’s starting to be cleared by the family. I just couldn’t do that to the place he loved.
Oh bless you, this post really moved me. I am trying to do the same with my FILs house. He’s in a nursing home with memory issues and his house is going up for sale soon. I can tell by your posts you’re a special person, your dad would be so proud xxx

• Heart
Not at all, it’s lovely to hear and it’s how you keep his memory alive. Keep talking about him all you want, this thread is full of kind hearted people who are delighted to hear about him and help you through your grief. I’ve read lots of posts on here from people who had terrible relationships with their parents and the issues it’s left them with is so sad so it’s wonderful to hear you speak so fondly and with so much love about your Dad ❤
it sounds like you’re doing a brilliant job with his house and he’ll be proud of you I’m sure. I understand your intentions with wanting to make his house look like his home and not some soulless property 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 8