Feng shui

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh bless you, this post really moved me. I am trying to do the same with my FILs house. He’s in a nursing home with memory issues and his house is going up for sale soon. I can tell by your posts you’re a special person, your dad would be so proud xxx
It’s hard isn’t it? I hope he settles in well.
Thank you for your kind words. I’m not a special person at all - I know I’m not the best wife or mother and I’m not proud of much in my life but I am proud of being a good daughter to him. I wasn’t perfect, neither of us were, but we were perfect for each other. We were very lucky.

Not at all, it’s lovely to hear and it’s how you keep his memory alive. Keep talking about him all you want, this thread is full of kind hearted people who are delighted to hear about him and help you through your grief. I’ve read lots of posts on here from people who had terrible relationships with their parents and the issues it’s left them with is so sad so it’s wonderful to hear you speak so fondly and with so much love about your Dad ❤
it sounds like you’re doing a brilliant job with his house and he’ll be proud of you I’m sure. I understand your intentions with wanting to make his house look like his home and not some soulless property 💕
Thank you for your kind words and understanding. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Gosh, I’ve just had a re read of this thread after I keep meaning to sit down for so long and properly read it because when I come on here I like to really concentrate and take in everything that is being said and shared.

@Oops... I’m not sure if you remember, when I shared my bagua map I did of my house to check if I had done it right. The spare bedroom you mentioned would be a lovely room for another child.. will (fingers crossed all being well!) be filled with another child towards the end of the year 🥰🥰 when I was looking at it the other day (the room) thinking about it’s future your comment sprung to mind. It made me smile and made me remember to sit down and go through this lovely thread again. It really does have the best energy ❤

@50sGirl i know you found me on the pregnancy thread - I have been catching up on here and saw your posts about your dad, and I hope this doesn’t upset you for me to comment, but I just want to say what a lucky pair of souls you and your dad were. He was very blessed to have such a kind hearted and loving daughter and I am sure he is so proud of you, and the way you keep his memory alive. Sending you love, and waves of healing hugs xx

• Heart
put 3 coins on red ribbon under our front door mat and many job offers (consultancy work) has come about.

we desperately need to sell an apartment in a different country. It’s been on the market a while. We can’t visit due to covid restrictions. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

• Heart
Reactions: 4
put 3 coins on red ribbon under our front door mat and many job offers (consultancy work) has come about.

we desperately need to sell an apartment in a different country. It’s been on the market a while. We can’t visit due to covid restrictions. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
@Libbylulu, I can report the same success!!! It really DOES work. Since I did the same for all the other three entrances into my house, I can report my luck has accelerated further. Little wins here and there - nothing major to report individually but on the whole, definitely major success! Today I did a full month's grocery shop for my rather large family of two humans, four cats, three hens and two dogs, and paid for it all using lottery winnings (with some left over to settle my power bill, which is huge as it's winter where I am). In my experience, laying little Chinese-engraved gold coins with silk red string or ribbon (as opposed to gold coins in any other currency) works far better ... which makes sense, as if you think about all the energy that has previously come into contact with currency ...

Now, for your apartment issue ... I'm thinking a visualisation board with pictures of the apartment on it, with a big 'sold' banner pasted over the real estate sign, printouts of the web listing with a 'sold' sign over it, and a mocked-up real estate contract with the number (price) entered into it of what you are seeking. If you don't have access to any photo editing software, just find images on the web and print, cut and literally paste those. Put the visualisation board (just use something simple for the backing like a cereal box or something), somewhere front and centre (I like to have mine on the wall I face in my home office), and meditate over it several times a day (as time permits). Focus on the property selling, and FEEL that process. Good luck! (I did this with my old car which was nothing special and which I just wanted a fair price for; in the end, I had two people on a marketplace site bidding for it, and I sold it for about $500 more than I honestly thought I'd get).

@Oops, look what arrived in my letterbox today! It's taken such a long time to come (the store I bought it from initially said it was in stock, but it wasn't, so it had to come from overseas), but I am so thankful it's here and even more thankful it's a no-work day for me so I can get stuck in and read it. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
@Libbylulu, I can report the same success!!! It really DOES work. Since I did the same for all the other three entrances into my house, I can report my luck has accelerated further. Little wins here and there - nothing major to report individually but on the whole, definitely major success! Today I did a full month's grocery shop for my rather large family of two humans, four cats, three hens and two dogs, and paid for it all using lottery winnings (with some left over to settle my power bill, which is huge as it's winter where I am). In my experience, laying little Chinese-engraved gold coins with silk red string or ribbon (as opposed to gold coins in any other currency) works far better ... which makes sense, as if you think about all the energy that has previously come into contact with currency ...

Now, for your apartment issue ... I'm thinking a visualisation board with pictures of the apartment on it, with a big 'sold' banner pasted over the real estate sign, printouts of the web listing with a 'sold' sign over it, and a mocked-up real estate contract with the number (price) entered into it of what you are seeking. If you don't have access to any photo editing software, just find images on the web and print, cut and literally paste those. Put the visualisation board (just use something simple for the backing like a cereal box or something), somewhere front and centre (I like to have mine on the wall I face in my home office), and meditate over it several times a day (as time permits). Focus on the property selling, and FEEL that process. Good luck! (I did this with my old car which was nothing special and which I just wanted a fair price for; in the end, I had two people on a marketplace site bidding for it, and I sold it for about $500 more than I honestly thought I'd get).

@Oops, look what arrived in my letterbox today! It's taken such a long time to come (the store I bought it from initially said it was in stock, but it wasn't, so it had to come from overseas), but I am so thankful it's here and even more thankful it's a no-work day for me so I can get stuck in and read it. Thanks again for the recommendation.
Can’t tell you how much I love your post! It’s joyful to read it. You are really spinning with traction on your finances. That vortex can only increase and widen from an energetic point of view. So well done with your powerful focus.

Really good advice for selling the property abroad too - its exactly the right thing to do! Perfect.

Great you have the book. I cannot tell you how much it has helped me. Please keep us posted on how you progress. 💛

• Heart
@1001 others Thank you for your wonderful message and advice! I will most definitely make my vision board a project over the next few days and let you know how I get on. And I’d not thought before of putting 3 coins and thread near my other entries to the house. I will put by my back door as well - thank you

• Heart
Gosh, I’ve just had a re read of this thread after I keep meaning to sit down for so long and properly read it because when I come on here I like to really concentrate and take in everything that is being said and shared.

@Oops... I’m not sure if you remember, when I shared my bagua map I did of my house to check if I had done it right. The spare bedroom you mentioned would be a lovely room for another child.. will (fingers crossed all being well!) be filled with another child towards the end of the year 🥰🥰 when I was looking at it the other day (the room) thinking about it’s future your comment sprung to mind. It made me smile and made me remember to sit down and go through this lovely thread again. It really does have the best energy ❤

@50sGirl i know you found me on the pregnancy thread - I have been catching up on here and saw your posts about your dad, and I hope this doesn’t upset you for me to comment, but I just want to say what a lucky pair of souls you and your dad were. He was very blessed to have such a kind hearted and loving daughter and I am sure he is so proud of you, and the way you keep his memory alive. Sending you love, and waves of healing hugs xx
Bless you. Thank you. I didn’t want to tell you I’d lost my Dad on that thread because it seemed inappropriate. We were very lucky to have the relationship we did. 🥰

I’ve been doing some research on house selling. I read that you should draw a picture of the house, write “sold” on it and the price you want to sell it for and place it under the front door mat. That way you are setting your intentions to all those who cross the threshold. I’m going to try it because it is out of sight to prospective buyers.
Could you do that because it’s easy to post and then ask someone to place it there?
I also read that you should place any “for sale”” sign to the right side of the front door as you look at the property from the outside,
I’m also going to place a money toad by the front door, facing inwards.
I‘ve read conflicting views re the coins under the door mat - some say it is negative because you are walking over it.
What do you all think?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I got all my Chinese coins on eBay.

re the coins under the mat - I would try it and if it feels right I would leave them there. I do all my stuff by instinct. You may remember me telling you ages ago I did not like the position of my desk where my FSM told me to place it - so I didn’t place it there as it didn’t feel right or look right. 💛

• Heart
I got all my Chinese coins on eBay.

re the coins under the mat - I would try it and if it feels right I would leave them there. I do all my stuff by instinct. You may remember me telling you ages ago I did not like the position of my desk where my FSM told me to place it - so I didn’t place it there as it didn’t feel right or look right. 💛
I agree! I have my workstation in the only place that makes sense in my home office, which is facing a corner wall with my back to the door (a big Feng Shui no-no) ... as a 'fix' I have a small round mirror pinned into the seam of the wall so it juts out; because it's just above eye level, I can see who's coming through the door from its reflection and to cancel out the bad placement. So far, so good ... I've only gained new business as time has progressed; I certainly haven't lost any (that I didn't choose to relinquish). There are 'fixes' for almost everything.

Also, re the coins ... mine are under a coir mat which sits on a grotty wooden deck ... I placed a plastic bag on top of the deck, a red-coloured placemat on top of that, then the coins, and placed the mat over the top - just to protect them.

• Heart
Hi ladies! I tied red ribbon to my coins (3) today, two sets, one to go under the mat at the front door and the second to go at the back door as I use that more than the front. Also, got my money frog :)

image.jpg
ADF09113-0180-46FB-B591-41A8D377FA1D.jpeg

• Heart
Hi guys, I haven’t kept up with this thread in a while and I feel like I need to read through it all again properly ☺

I don’t know much about feng shui but I lived in China for two years and they were into it so I’m interested in learning.

I’m really in to crystals, meditation,yoga etc and manifesting but I feel like I’m stuck lately and any advice would be appreciated.

I really want to move to another country in Asia and teach English and travel like I did before. Planning to go with two friends however we are just not getting offered the jobs and it’s so much harder this time possibly because of covid.

I wrote out a list a couple of months ago during a new moon and loads started happening very quick and I was just getting so many signs I was on the right path, two separate fortune tellers/tarot card readers even told me I’d be moving far away for a job and signing contracts but the last month or so it’s been at a standstill and it feels like I’m stuck. I know you have to let go for the law of attraction to work but just getting impatient 😅

I have a vision board, I visualize,write down my goals and say affirmations but I stress about everything stopping me to go (my job,family,friends etc) do you think this is why or is it not meant to be? Is there anything else I can do?
sorry it’s so long but don’t know who else to ask and you all seem very knowledgeable 🙈

• Heart
Hi guys, I haven’t kept up with this thread in a while and I feel like I need to read through it all again properly ☺

I don’t know much about feng shui but I lived in China for two years and they were into it so I’m interested in learning.

I’m really in to crystals, meditation,yoga etc and manifesting but I feel like I’m stuck lately and any advice would be appreciated.

I really want to move to another country in Asia and teach English and travel like I did before. Planning to go with two friends however we are just not getting offered the jobs and it’s so much harder this time possibly because of covid.

I wrote out a list a couple of months ago during a new moon and loads started happening very quick and I was just getting so many signs I was on the right path, two separate fortune tellers/tarot card readers even told me I’d be moving far away for a job and signing contracts but the last month or so it’s been at a standstill and it feels like I’m stuck. I know you have to let go for the law of attraction to work but just getting impatient 😅

I have a vision board, I visualize,write down my goals and say affirmations but I stress about everything stopping me to go (my job,family,friends etc) do you think this is why or is it not meant to be? Is there anything else I can do?
sorry it’s so long but don’t know who else to ask and you all seem very knowledgeable 🙈
Once you decide what you want and ask, you have to stop thinking about it. I am like you, I naturally start stressing about the thing not having happened yet and my attention stays on the doldrums of the standstill moments as I wait. This in turn is then attracting the non receiving of the very thing I want. So I focus on meditating and literally thinking about anything else. Preferably thoughts of gratitude for things that are going well, appreciating even the simplest of things gets the frequency back in the right direction. It's about letting go of your cork, so it can elevate and then the wanted things will organically start coming towards you. Even the silliest of things, changes the frequency. Things like, YAY the puppy didn't have an accident in the house today, I'm so grateful for my husband being so kind and hot and our loving relationship. That the kids are best friends. Etc. etc. HTH!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Once you decide what you want and ask, you have to stop thinking about it. I am like you, I naturally start stressing about the thing not having happened yet and my attention stays on the doldrums of the standstill moments as I wait. This in turn is then attracting the non receiving of the very thing I want. So I focus on meditating and literally thinking about anything else. Preferably thoughts of gratitude for things that are going well, appreciating even the simplest of things gets the frequency back in the right direction. It's about letting go of your cork, so it can elevate and then the wanted things will organically start coming towards you. Even the silliest of things, changes the frequency. Things like, YAY the puppy didn't have an accident in the house today, I'm so grateful for my husband being so kind and hot and our loving relationship. That the kids are best friends. Etc. etc. HTH!
Yes I thought that myself but needed to hear it from someone else ☺ I have problems letting go of control and overthinking everything and I know I have to just trust in divine timing and try to align with it but it’s so hard at times 😂

• Heart
I’ve been doing some research on house selling. I read that you should draw a picture of the house, write “sold” on it and the price you want to sell it for and place it under the front door mat. That way you are setting your intentions to all those who cross the threshold. I’m going to try it because it is out of sight to prospective buyers.
Could you do that because it’s easy to post and then ask someone to place it there?
I also read that you should place any “for sale”” sign to the right side of the front door as you look at the property from the outside,
I’m also going to place a money toad by the front door, facing inwards.
I‘ve read conflicting views re the coins under the door mat - some say it is negative because you are walking over it.
What do you all think?
Apolgies for quoting myself.
Well I placed a ”sold” picture in a red envelope under Dad’s doormat along with a money toad by the front door.
We had one offer after 6 days which we declined and another offer after 13 days which we accepted. Sold it for the price our estate agent said it was worth so we are pleased with that. Bittersweet, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@50sGirl:

I am pleased for your commercial success and well done incorporating the Feng Shui elements.
I understand how you feel - this "bittersweet" feeling - as I know myself how hard it is to let go and move forward. But memories live in your heart and nobody can ever take them away ❤

• Heart
Question about the money frog. How many do you have per house and best place for them? Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Question about the money frog. How many do you have per house and best place for them? Thanks
I have one. It’s placed adjacent to my front door and the frog is facing into the room.
I‘ve done the same in my Dad’s house. When the house is sold I’ll be bringing his frog to my home and I’ll be placing him adjacent to the door we use the most, again facing inwards.
It is recommended, if possible, to place them on a surface about pocket height so that it attracts money into your pockets!
I read they should face inwards so that it attracts wealth into the home.

This is the one I have (no affiliation with the company, just a happy customer - I chose this site because it’s run by a Feng Shui Master). https://www.fengshuiweb.co.uk/shop/cures/three-legged-toad-god-td3/

• Heart