Feng shui

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think @Oops... would be better placed to answer your question than I would. I have looked online and you can try to make it a full square/rectangle by extending out into the garden, by that I don't mean actually extending, just by placing things outside that would complete the 'picture'.
This webpage looks to be very useful, I think I am going to use the instructions here and draw a scale drawing of my home and plot my areas.
Thanks, I’ll take a look.
Unfortunately I can’t put any structures in that area because it’s a driveway.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks, I’ll take a look.
Unfortunately I can’t put any structures in that area because it’s a driveway.
You can look upon those areas that protrude as extras. So for now take away the part where it extends out, look at your house regarding the Bagua as what remains, then where the protrusion is, then that is extra of wherever it falls. I am even wondering if you could split your home into two dwellings. So the front of the house, treat that as one, then the long oblong at the back as another. So have two wealth areas, two career areas, and so on. You can overlay each room, looking in from the door with the Bagua and have multiple wealth corners, so why not split the home into two? My logic is telling me this is what I would do, although that said I am not a Feng Shui professional.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve ordered a few Feng Shui things today;
Ba Gua mirror for by the front door
Money frog
Buddha
2 protection talismans*

*apparently each Chinese animal has another Chinese animal as its protector.
I’m a Dog and my protector is a Rabbit so I needed to buy Rabbit talismans.
When I looked up my Dad’s Chinese animal, I discovered he was a Rabbit!
My Dad was my protector in more ways than one. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve ordered a few Feng Shui things today;
Ba Gua mirror for by the front door
Money frog
Buddha
2 protection talismans*

*apparently each Chinese animal has another Chinese animal as its protector.
I’m a Dog and my protector is a Rabbit so I needed to buy Rabbit talismans.
When I looked up my Dad’s Chinese animal, I discovered he was a Rabbit!
My Dad was my protector in more ways than one. ☺
That sounds really interesting. I am off to look now to see what I am and what the protector is. Your Dad sounds lovely x

• Heart
I am legit gobsmacked at the efficacy of the money toad. Everyone, really, get those adorable little minxes in your houses stat!!

I too am now off to find what my protector is. I'm an Ox. Thank you @50sGirl for bringing this up.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Here is the talisman I ordered.

It lists the animal protectors.

I liked it because it’s credit card size so I can slot it in my ‘phone case.
We are all trying to do “cures” to our homes but this should protect us when we are out of the home because we’d take it with us whereas our other items stay at home.

I’ll let you know what it’s like when it arrives.

Chinese animal calculator...

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That sounds really interesting. I am off to look now to see what I am and what the protector is. Your Dad sounds lovely x
Turns out I am a rat and my secret animal is an Ox, which is this year. So according to what I have read, I should have a good year.

• Heart
Speaking of the year of the Ox. As an Ox, this year is a rather sluggish one for me (and it's true in that I'm exhausted and the year just started LOL). So I need all the luck I can get and will get some protective talismans for my purse or phone case. My protection animal is the Rat. I'm seeing a tonne of purse mice talismans. I guess rats and mice are interchangeable in this instance?

My husband is a Rooster, and he's having a great year, particularly in his career which falls in line with what I've read about the year of the Ox for Roosters. Not so funnily, last year I read that his prediction was that he'd be prone to accidents. I told him this early on and he eye rolled me and laughed at me. Yet he had a terrible accident that ended in a badly broken bone that will take a long time to heal. Knocked him for six and he wasn't able to work for months, which was also predicted. (I'm getting weepy just thinking of how difficult the recovery has been for him.) I'll never discount this stuff again. It even happened during the month it was predicted.

A few years ago I found an online website that does emotional and daily horoscopes with astrological readings. It's Western astrology vs Chinese, but still, he's been the most accurate astrologer I've come across. His relationship readings have always been dead on. Uncomfortably so. I had several toxic relationships before finding my person. I ordered readings for all my past relationships and it was there in black and white, what would happen. Fascinating to see and I so wish I'd known about this stuff beforehand. Sometimes we just don't mesh with people in the correct way and the results are years wasted at best or worse, added emotional baggage to lug around. UGH!

But back to daily horoscopes, his are eerily on point. If you get a personalized reading vs a relationship one, the daily horoscopes for a year are included. The "emotional horoscopes" as he calls them are more broad about placements and they tell you how intensely whatever given placement is occurring will affect you based on your own chart. The emotional horoscopes can be had via a personalized reading or a relationship reading. Here's the site:

It's a large website, so I'm linking the specific pages so it's easier to find them.
The relationship readings are at this page:

For the personalized readings (one person only), that have those daily horoscopes I mentioned, here's that page:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Speaking of the year of the Ox. As an Ox, this year is a rather sluggish one for me (and it's true in that I'm exhausted and the year just started LOL). So I need all the luck I can get and will get some protective talismans for my purse or phone case. My protection animal is the Rat. I'm seeing a tonne of purse mice talismans. I guess rats and mice are interchangeable in this instance?
From what I read today about my own sign, Rat, that the year of the Rat for me is not my most auspicious, so I am guessing that is the same for you as an Ox when it's your year? I'll have a look at those website links thank you. Found this, get your partner to buy you some red underwear to ward off bad fortunes lol https://www.chinahighlights.com/tra...bring-yourself-good-luck-on-ben-ming-nian.htm

• Heart

We are all trying to do “cures” to our homes but this should protect us when we are out of the home because we’d take it with us whereas our other items stay at home.

These look wonderful! Much better than the purse mouse I found on Etsy. I haven't even used my purse since Covid started. I jam my pockets with all I need to not have to faff with sanitizing my leather purses. Much better to have something I can stick on/inside my phone case.

Thank you, @50sGirl!!

• Heart
These look wonderful! Much better than the purse mouse I found on Etsy. I haven't even used my purse since Covid started. I jam my pockets with all I need to not have to faff with sanitizing my leather purses. Much better to have something I can stick on/inside my phone case.

Thank you, @50sGirl!!
They’ve been dispatched so I’ll let you know when they arrive.
Tbh I chose that website because it’s run by a Feng Shui master and they say they ensure that all items are cleansed of negative energy before they post them out.

• Heart
They’ve been dispatched so I’ll let you know when they arrive.
Tbh I chose that website because it’s run by a Feng Shui master and they say they ensure that all items are cleansed of negative energy before they post them out.
I was too inspired by it to wait for your review. I've got my "Rat" card ordered and now waiting for its shipment. Great site, IMO!

• Haha
  • Heart
I’m absolutely loving all these posts and advice on this page! Thank you all so much 💗

• Heart
I’m loving reading about what everyone is trying and how it’s working! I ordered a money toad this week and he just arrived. Getting him set up now :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9

So interesting - thank you! I am a Snake which, as it turns out, is second only to Dragon on the list, which makes it a good ‘un and, apparently, 2021 should be a lucky year for me - yay! My animal friend is Monkey, so I’m definitely going to order a talisman card. ❤

• Heart
So interesting - thank you! I am a Snake which, as it turns out, is second only to Dragon on the list, which makes it a good ‘un and, apparently, 2021 should be a lucky year for me - yay! My animal friend is Monkey, so I’m definitely going to order a talisman card. ❤
I’m a monkey so I wonder what one I would get 🙈☺
Edit: just realized it says I should get a snake 🐍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Here’s my talisman.
Photographed it next to my donor card to show scale (donor card is same size as a credit card and driving license but obvs didn’t want to photograph those!)
It’s made of thin metal so not too heavy.
I’ve just slotted it into my mobile phone case.
Edit: eek the photo is huge!! :eek:

FF8621DF-2281-46D9-9313-5623E6B3E84A.jpeg

• Heart
Omg @Milking Keynes I’m a Snake too (ironic as they terrify me). I’ve ordered the monkey talisman via the link mentioned above. Will keep you posted.

I have just received some very good news (financially) today after trying to resolve it since January. I did get Crassula plants in early March as mentioned previously and they are both planted in green ceramic pots although it was suggested to put outside on either side of the front door... can’t do that due to the weather in the uk but I put them on each side of my front door on the inside. I don’t know if this is a co-incidence but I thought I would share the good news with you all :)

• Heart