Feathering the empty nest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can people block you from seeing their stories? I have 2 IG accounts and on one I can see Elle has posted stories and on the other its saying she hasn't posted any stories.
Yes you can choose followers to block so they can't see stories if you wish. I have done it on my IG account.

Reactions: 2
do you follow her on both accounts? She may set her settings so only her followers can see stories.
Yes I follow her on both. I’ve not commented or posted anything to her 😔 so don’t know why she’s blocked me

• Sad
Yes I follow her on both. I’ve not commented or posted anything to her 😔 so don’t know why she’s blocked me
She has blocked me on my personal account too, but not business account. I did follow her, never commented or anything but definitely blocked.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
is that since she's been back online?
I only noticed this week. I cannot even see her profile! I’ve unfollowed now from my business account too. Can’t be doing with it tbh and I’ve only ever been positive about her. I’m not sure why it’s happened.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I only noticed this week. I cannot even see her profile! I’ve unfollowed now from my business account too. Can’t be doing with it tbh and I’ve only ever been positive about her. I’m not sure why it’s happened.
I think there's some sort of black list going round a certain circle of instagrammers. I posted something on @rvk_loves about her breaking lockdown then suddenly I've been blocked by @carasuthers and @thehomethatmademe now @feathering.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I think there's some sort of black list going round a certain circle of instagrammers. I posted something on @rvk_loves about her breaking lockdown then suddenly I've been blocked by @carasuthers and @thehomethatmademe now @feathering.
I’m also blocked by cara suthers. Never followed her!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
they have way too much time on their hands if they are keeping track of names to block and pass around.

Reactions: 19
Can people block you from seeing their stories? I have 2 IG accounts and on one I can see Elle has posted stories and on the other its saying she hasn't posted any stories.
Yes people can block you from seeing their stories. Sounds like you might have been if you can see them from another account.

they have way too much time on their hands if they are keeping track of names to block and pass around.
Well then they’re all as petty as each other. Especially if they condone anyone breaking lockdown. #pettypeople

It’s a business to her. Don’t take it personally. Unless you’re bigging her up she’s not interested, that’s my opinion of her anyway. Before anyone comes at me, it’s my opinion I’m not saying anyone else has to see it the same way ✅✅

I’m also blocked by cara suthers. Never followed her!
Well that’s super petty to block somebody who’s never even followed her. These big accounts need to get over themselves in the middle of a bloody pandemic 🤦🏻‍♀️

Wish I could double like this ✅✅

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
It probably happened because like the rest of them, she isn't actually kind in real life, despite all the "Be Kind" tat they all have all over their homes. There's definitely a black list going around, I'm on it (my personal account), I can still see her on my business account. I used to really like Elle. I even sent her a heartfelt message after I read her book (I've suffered from multiple miscarriages and her book really helped me cope). And then she blocked me, it was a real slap in the face as I had confided some pretty personal things (shame on me). So, she may be doing all sorts of work for charity and helping others (well done her), but she certainly doesn't practice what she preaches. I'm happy she got her happy ending after the terrible loss she has suffered. But I'm no longer under the illusion that any of these "influencers" care a jot about their followers or how THEIR actions affect others. They drone on and on about how they are bullied and their mental health suffers, but they have zero problem bullying people themselves. Just something to be aware of.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
It probably happened because like the rest of them, she isn't actually kind in real life, despite all the "Be Kind" tat they all have all over their homes. There's definitely a black list going around, I'm on it (my personal account), I can still see her on my business account. I used to really like Elle. I even sent her a heartfelt message after I read her book (I've suffered from multiple miscarriages and her book really helped me cope). And then she blocked me, it was a real slap in the face as I had confided some pretty personal things (shame on me). So, she may be doing all sorts of work for charity and helping others (well done her), but she certainly doesn't practice what she preaches. I'm happy she got her happy ending after the terrible loss she has suffered. But I'm no longer under the illusion that any of these "influencers" care a jot about their followers or how THEIR actions affect others. They drone on and on about how they are bullied and their mental health suffers, but they have zero problem bullying people themselves. Just something to be aware of.
Sorry for your losses 😘

How has the blacklist come about? Is it from calling influencers out on their pages? Just curious x

Sorry for your losses 😘

How has the blacklist come about? Is it from calling influencers out on their pages? Just curious x
Theres a few insagrammer's who class any sort of criticism or people questioning their actions as trolling. It just seems very coincidental that I called an "influencer" out about breaking the first lockdown. Then the next day about 4 others that I follow but never interacted with had blocked me.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Sorry to hear of your miscarriages. That’s awful you had shared personal things with her and then was blocked. IG is a snippet of someone’s life, what they want to share and what they want everyone to see. It’s just that a snap shot. I honestly didn’t think Elle would be part of the blocking brigade and shocked I’ve been blocked. I read her book, reviewed, and promoted for her. To be blocked after that is, well, what can I say. It places her in the same category as all the other petty IGers who do the same.

Ive wondered if there is a block list circulating. If this is the case (not certain) then it feels like a form of school playground tactics. I’ve also now been blocked by Cara Suthers (who I have never followed), Just a little build (I have followed for years) and All that’s Pretty. All about the same time on my personal account not business account.

I’m glad Elle and family have their take home baby too. Its just shocking how immature this group of IGers really are.

Theres a few insagrammer's who class any sort of criticism or people questioning their actions as trolling. It just seems very coincidental that I called an "influencer" out about breaking the first lockdown. Then the next day about 4 others that I follow but never interacted with had blocked me.
I’ve not even called anyone out, or liked etc and been blocked by 3-4 others.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Sorry for your losses 😘

Thank you. ❤❤

I've never posted anything negative about anyone (well, aside from crappy politicians who don't want to feed hungry children) on my instagram, I've never questioned anyone on rule following, ad declaring, or anything of that nature (tbh, I don't really give a crap about all that). I am a pretty positive person as far as interactions go, I try to lift people up, not tear them down. Last year there was an instagram account that posted some old tweets RVK had done that were incredibly horrific (racism, classism, fat shaming). A friend of mine (who loves Tattle) alerted me to said instagram (I had prior been a big RVK fan and sent a number of friends over to follow her), which I followed. I was then mass blocked by a number of accounts. Feathering was on her instagram "break" at the time, I think. I wasn't a Tattle person prior to the whole mass blocking, I had only come on during the Mother of Daughters debacle to watch that sh*t storm unfold, but didn't have an account, was just creeping. I created my account after the mass blocking and my eyes were well and truly opened to how nasty all of these women are. They all preach kindness but they've done some pretty rotten things to people and they are big, big fans of lying, ALL of them. I realize Instagram is a snip it of a person's life, I get that, that is what my instagram is, but you are either a good person or you are not. You can "preach" kindness all you like, you can hang all the "Be Kind" signs you want all over your house, you can even pretend to be an "advocate of kindness" but if you aren't kind IRL, well you're just an asshole dressed up as something else. I get this is all bread and butter to these people and they put on a pretty good show if you don't know any better. Other people have been blocked for no reason at all, so I can't say what I experienced is the only reason for blocking, they seem to go on blocking binges every now and then, so who knows why you were blocked. It's been rather eye opening reading on here. Some things are pretty over the top, some people really fixate on different aspects of people's lives, and do a lot of guessing when it comes to who someone is or how they behave, but there are definitely snippets of truth, there are people who know different people IRL and can testify to the truth or fiction of different rumors, or have had really nasty experiences with some of these women. It very quickly will burst your bubble when it comes to what you think of a lot of the bigger accounts that so many of us follow/followed. I had thought, however foolishly, that Elle was one of the good ones, but hey ho, life is full of disappointment. 😉

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm not surprised she has a book coming out, she's been dipping her feet back into instagram for a bit commenting on people's posts, and lo and behold, she's got something to promote. I get that Elle has done a lot of good and that is meaningful (I shan't take that away from her), I don't expect or feel entitled to anyone's content (that's bananas to think that) but she was rude to me and it was uncalled for. I hadn't fully read through this thread and it appears I am not the only one who had a rude response from her when they reached out. I didn't ask her for any advice, I didn't expect anything from her per se, I just thought she might give me a thank you for sharing your experience and praising of my book message (if she read my message, didn't even think it would get through as she has a big following, I was just very moved by her book and I wanted to tell her how much it meant to me), but I got a duck off kind of message. It wasn't nice and she should know better when dealing with vulnerable women who are going through some pretty rotten tit.

I should have quoted it but someone said earlier on here, "what people perceive as rude" - it's not what people "perceive" as rude, she IS rude and it's absolute crap for people to dismiss that because they just love Elle oh so very much. She has chosen to write a book and put herself out there, no one forced her. I bought her book, wrote positive reviews on amazon, goodreads, and audible, and she was unkind to me after sharing my experience, thanking her for making me feel less alone, and praising her book. Then I realized she had blocked me from her stories but not her grid, because hey, I might be a customer again and she could promote her new book to people like me who had bought the first. I legit wished I could return her book after the response I got from her, I deleted all my positive reviews and unfollowed her. You guys think you know her because you see a tiny snip it of her good deeds and put her up on a pedestal of untouchability because she lost a child, and I feel for her on that, I really do, but that doesn't mean she has carte blanche to treat people unkindly.

I'm not surprised she has a book coming out, she's been dipping her feet back into instagram for a bit commenting on people's posts, and lo and behold, she's got something to promote. I get that Elle has done a lot of good and that is meaningful (I shan't take that away from her), I don't expect or feel entitled to anyone's content (that's bananas to think that) but she was rude to me and it was uncalled for. I hadn't fully read through this thread and it appears I am not the only one who had a rude response from her when they reached out. I didn't ask her for any advice, I didn't expect anything from her per se, I just thought she might give me a thank you for sharing your experience and praising of my book message (if she read my message, didn't even think it would get through as she has a big following, I was just very moved by her book and I wanted to tell her how much it meant to me), but I got a duck off kind of message. It wasn't nice and she should know better when dealing with vulnerable women who are going through some pretty rotten tit.

I should have quoted it but someone said earlier on here, "what people perceive as rude" - it's not what people "perceive" as rude, she IS rude and it's absolute crap for people to dismiss that because they just love Elle oh so very much. She has chosen to write a book and put herself out there, no one forced her. I bought her book, wrote positive reviews on amazon, goodreads, and audible, and she was unkind to me after sharing my experience, thanking her for making me feel less alone, and praising her book. Then I realized she had blocked me from her stories but not her grid, because hey, I might be a customer again and she could promote her new book to people like me who had bought the first. I legit wished I could return her book after the response I got from her, I deleted all my positive reviews and unfollowed her. You guys think you know her because you see a tiny snip it of her good deeds and put her up on a pedestal of untouchability because she lost a child, and I feel for her on that, I really do, but that doesn't mean she has carte blanche to treat people unkindly.
I tried to edit this but I didn't realize there's a time limit. She simply could have not responded, like someone else said. The things is, presumably she wrote her book for altruistic reasons, right? She should understand that books can have a huge impact on people, especially books about something like this. People will want to get in touch and tell you how much your writing meant to them. It's not unreasonable to expect, if they are going to take the time to reply to you, that they would at least reply with a generic message that was kindhearted and gracious if they want boundaries - something like, 'I appreciate your message, however I'm just one person and I cannot reply to everyone individually, please know I appreciate all you have shared with me and your support of Teddy's Wish or Tommy's' or whatever charity it is her book and she supports - instead of a rude, I haven't got the time for this style message. Cool, thanks. I'll remember that next time I'm in the bookshop. And before someone says, "she doesn't have to support all of the people it's hard for her", I didn't brain dump on her, I didn't share anything triggering, I'm not an idiot, I've been through the same things as her, I know how to behave. It was just jarring and hurtful and really, really unexpected.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Yup same 😥. Tbh she was the first real fake instagrammer I came across and was so shocked because I thought she was so nice and often contacted her with what i thought were sweet, supportive and uplifting messages. I was really taken aback when I saw the other side of her. That was back in the good old days when I thought everyone on insta was genuine. Now of course I realise the big accounts treat it as a business. Shame really 😕 xx

I tried to edit this but I didn't realize there's a time limit. She simply could have not responded, like someone else said. The things is, presumably she wrote her book for altruistic reasons, right? She should understand that books can have a huge impact on people, especially books about something like this. People will want to get in touch and tell you how much your writing meant to them. It's not unreasonable to expect, if they are going to take the time to reply to you, that they would at least reply with a generic message that was kindhearted and gracious if they want boundaries - something like, 'I appreciate your message, however I'm just one person and I cannot reply to everyone individually, please know I appreciate all you have shared with me and your support of Teddy's Wish or Tommy's' or whatever charity it is her book and she supports - instead of a rude, I haven't got the time for this style message. Cool, thanks. I'll remember that next time I'm in the bookshop. And before someone says, "she doesn't have to support all of the people it's hard for her", I didn't brain dump on her, I didn't share anything triggering, I'm not an idiot, I've been through the same things as her, I know how to behave. It was just jarring and hurtful and really, really unexpected.
Wow your experience of her is near on identical to my own 😥. Firstly I’m so sorry to hear of the sad times you have gone through, sending my love and support. Secondly people think Elle is some kind of saint but IMO she is actually very fake. She is calculating and only now she’s popping up again because of the new book. She was very rude and abrasive to me. I have a private account, very small amount of followers and I guess just not important enough to her for her to make an effort. I’m glad I’m not following her anymore as I don’t like fake people who make out they are something they’re not. Opinions are my own of course.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Yup same 😥. Tbh she was the first real fake instagrammer I came across and was so shocked because I thought she was so nice and often contacted her with what i thought were sweet, supportive and uplifting messages. I was really taken aback when I saw the other side of her. That was back in the good old days when I thought everyone on insta was genuine. Now of course I realise the big accounts treat it as a business. Shame really 😕 xx

Wow your experience of her is near on identical to my own 😥. Firstly I’m so sorry to hear of the sad times you have gone through, sending my love and support. Secondly people think Elle is some kind of saint but IMO she is actually very fake. She is calculating and only now she’s popping up again because of the new book. She was very rude and abrasive to me. I have a private account, very small amount of followers and I guess just not important enough to her for her to make an effort. I’m glad I’m not following her anymore as I don’t like fake people who make out they are something they’re not. Opinions are my own of course.
I agree with all of this.
FTEN was the first account I went off on Instagram.
when you follow for relatable reasons and then up pops a random M&S dinner party or those outrageous £400 bedsheets (swipe up for 20% off) absolutely shocking Imo!

Reactions: 9