Feathering the empty nest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like people can’t win. Some are absolutely torn to shreds for sharing too much of their kids and then Elle is being criticised for possibly not sharing hers.

Also - from what she has said before she gets hundreds of DMs from people asking for advice or telling her their stories. When I was pregnant again following the loss of my son, I couldn’t bear to hear anything about how else things could go wrong.

I could have happily filmed a Hello Fresh advert - that’s quite different to reading and responding to triggering messages during a pregnancy following neonatal death, late miscarriage, infertility and early miscarriage.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
How do you actually know she has a friend replying to her DMs?

I can’t imagine how anxious she is with each day of this pregnancy. I know she’s given hope to so many and I hope she gets her happy ending.

Reactions: 10
Yes I’m sure you would be able to do a hello fresh add aswell....if you were being paid for it too. Which is sort of my point. Its not very authentic to the whole reason her page got so many followers and why she got a book published out of it. It’s what bothers me about most of the other ‘instagrammers’.

The reply from the friend came up in conversation with somebody as I actually saw it for myself. I would never make something like that up if thats what you’re implying. As i said in my original message I wish them all the very best with the birth of their baby.

Reactions: 4
I do get what you mean in terms of the authenticity. However what I will say is that if by her being able to make some money from ads gives her the ability to not work and therefore focus on charitable work that she does, then surely that’s a good thing. From a personal point of view the conversation around babyloss is starting to change and I believe she’s been a huge part of that, so many of us suffer in silence and she’s opening up that dialogue for bereaved parents.

I’m not sure how you’d know it’s a friend replying but I’m not insinuating you are lying.

Reactions: 11
I do get what you mean in terms of the authenticity. However what I will say is that if by her being able to make some money from ads gives her the ability to not work and therefore focus on charitable work that she does, then surely that’s a good thing. From a personal point of view the conversation around babyloss is starting to change and I believe she’s been a huge part of that, so many of us suffer in silence and she’s opening up that dialogue for bereaved parents.

I’m not sure how you’d know it’s a friend replying but I’m not insinuating you are lying.
I honestly cannot understand the change in tone of the feathers forum at all. So I completely agree. She’s not a grief councillor, she’s done her best and helped raise thousands and thousands of pounds and that’s the main thing. I couldn’t give a toss If she makes abit of cash from ads, she never comes across as grabby and unlike hinch etc I’m sure she turns lots down.
Yes her husband obviously earns a decent wage, but what’s wrong with wanting to earn her own money?

Reactions: 16
She does work. She mentioned not long ago that she works for her fathers company but does so from home.

She came to Tattle and wrote about it on her other thread

Reactions: 2

I absolutely agree with you about her influence on baby loss discussion- it was my whole reason for following her in the first place, which is why I really don’t like all of these things creeping in. Just my personal opinion and I have stopped following her because of it.
sorry I wasnt clear- the message actually said ‘this is her friend she’s too stressed and anxious to reply to DMs’ which is why the AD stuff left a bad taste- like that was more of a priority. Btw this person’s message was not asking for baby loss advice. Like I say just my opinion when compared to other baby loss accounts this one definitely feels more ‘infulency’

I honestly cannot understand the change in tone of the feathers forum at all. So I completely agree. She’s not a grief councillor, she’s done her best and helped raise thousands and thousands of pounds and that’s the main thing. I couldn’t give a toss If she makes abit of cash from ads, she never comes across as grabby and unlike hinch etc I’m sure she turns lots down.
Yes her husband obviously earns a decent wage, but what’s wrong with wanting to earn her own money?
The change in tone suggests lots of people have noticed the same thing. Slowly slowly the ADs have crept in and absolutely no problem that she’s making money but I just think that’s something that a lot of people dont like (its a common theme on Tattle) her having suffered a baby loss doesnt mean people cant feel the same way about an influx of tacky ADs as they do with other people

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I absolutely agree with you about her influence on baby loss discussion- it was my whole reason for following her in the first place, which is why I really don’t like all of these things creeping in. Just my personal opinion and I have stopped following her because of it.
sorry I wasnt clear- the message actually said ‘this is her friend she’s too stressed and anxious to reply to DMs’ which is why the AD stuff left a bad taste- like that was more of a priority. Btw this person’s message was not asking for baby loss advice. Like I say just my opinion when compared to other baby loss accounts this one definitely feels more ‘infulency’
This is exactly it for me. I follow many other baby loss accounts who have also done some amazing things for charities etc, but as their account grows that remains their main focus. We can all have an opinion here which is the beauty of a forum like this that it allows us to express those even if this thread does feel a little like I’m stuck on Insta.

Having an opinion on the content that she decides to share doesn’t mean I don’t wish her well. Which for the record I do. But I find some of what she says very hypocritical.

• Heart
This is exactly it for me. I follow many other baby loss accounts who have also done some amazing things for charities etc, but as their account grows that remains their main focus. We can all have an opinion here which is the beauty of a forum like this that it allows us to express those even if this thread does feel a little like I’m stuck on Insta.

Having an opinion on the content that she decides to share doesn’t mean I don’t wish her well. Which for the record I do. But I find some of what she says very hypocritical.
Absolutely this!!!!

Reactions: 2

yes!! Totally agree 🙌🏻

Reactions: 1
I think she needs to prioritize her mental health right now. I can’t imagine how anxious she much be about to have her second baby, she will have so many overwhelming feelings. She has every right to create boundaries right now, and don’t people complain when babies and children are shared on IG?
I’m sure she will share more details about the baby in time to come, I think she just means there won’t be a big photo/name birth announcement. She’s taking maternity leave, the baby will be part of her life when she returns but I just think she means her account won’t turn into a baby account. I’m pretty sure the baby is on the way if not already here by how quiet she has been.

Reactions: 13
I think there are a lot of people being quite harsh here. I literally cannot imagine how anxious she must be right now about the safe arrival of her baby. I don't think it is going to be high priority to share all the details with us and she absolutely has the right to do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I just want to hear the announcement and know that she’s had her baby and that he or she is safe and sound. I would absolutely love to follow her journey further in terms of motherhood but it’s so so easy for us who have not lost a child to sit here and judge her choice of not wanting to share. That child is going to be the most precious thing to her and who are we to really question her choices on anything regarding that?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I just want to hear the announcement and know that she’s had her baby and that he or she is safe and sound. I would absolutely love to follow her journey further in terms of motherhood but it’s so so easy for us who have not lost a child to sit here and judge her choice of not wanting to share. That child is going to be the most precious thing to her and who are we to really question her choices on anything regarding that?
This. I 100% respect her decisions...as much as I would love to see a pic of the baby 🙈 I’m easily sucked in by instagrammers but also know that she doesn’t owe us anything. I just look forward to the day she can say she brought her baby home with her 💕

I hope all is ok, she’s quiet...
I was thinking the same but she’s not long since posted a story.

She’s posting a lot of random pics of her garden lately, I imagine it’s to keep the “you’ve been quiet, is the baby here” DMs at bay!

Reactions: 5
I think that the garden stories are purely filler at the moment, probably to avoid the inevitable influx of thousands of messages asking if she’s had the baby, if she posted nothing at all. I do find it a little bit odd though that everything has gone completely silent regarding her pregnancy. I hope to God that nothing is wrong. Although she owes us absolutely nothing in terms of any information, I do kind of wish that she would do a story basically saying that she is okay and bump is okay!

Reactions: 4