Feathering the empty nest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I wonder if she will change her mind. The % of bereaved parents is very small compared to the audience who are invested in her journey and who have supported her by buying, swiping, sponsoring etc. Of course nobody has a right to see the baby but it would be strange just not to show or mention him/her ever?

Reactions: 3
Well, isn’t it a bit ironic that her book is named after asking her deceased sons name, but she has said she won’t reveal what her (hopefully) rainbow babys name is 😕
Haha I never thought about that. The name will get out one way or another, could you really be arsed keeping a name a secret forever

it's what's happened to paloma faith, she said at the beginning she wasn't telling anyone their name and that she was raising them gender neutral - last week she said it was a girl ... give it a few more weeks and she'll reveal the name aswell :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
it's what's happened to paloma faith, she said at the beginning she wasn't telling anyone their name and that she was raising them gender neutral - last week she said it was a girl ... give it a few more weeks and she'll reveal the name aswell :rolleyes:
With the likes of Paloma I think the “celebrity” status goes to their heads and they start to think they’re about to birth a Royal who will want to be seen worldwide, when in reality - not many actually care 😂 though her kid may be known as “paloma faiths daughter” when they go to school etc and they recognise the name. She’s bound to be named something weird too. That won’t happen with Elle. That’s why I don’t really get it..

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m starting to feel the same. I’ve loved her page as a bereaved parent, but she has allowed people to invest in her story through all the highs and the lows, even announcing her pregnancy means that it isn’t a safe space anymore (especially in the very raw period.)

I can understand completely not sharing images of baby or at least not their face because a lot of people don’t want to share their children on a platform where they have so many followers. But no name, a fingers crossed to announce they’re here safely? That doesn’t sit right with me when you’ve allowed people in then you’re going to slam the door on them.
I can’t see that comment/her reply anymore. Is it my phone or has it gone?!

I can’t see that comment/her reply anymore. Is it my phone or has it gone?!
No I can’t find it either, bit weird after we’ve discussed it. I know she’s been on here before as she was on her other thread (apologies for derailing the rave about thread!)

• Wow
Well, isn’t it a bit ironic that her book is named after asking her deceased sons name, but she has said she won’t reveal what her (hopefully) rainbow babys name is 😕
Well exactly! She wants to talk about that child.. Out of respect to him she should reconsider her decision!

With the likes of Paloma I think the “celebrity” status goes to their heads and they start to think they’re about to birth a Royal who will want to be seen worldwide, when in reality - not many actually care 😂 though her kid may be known as “paloma faiths daughter” when they go to school etc and they recognise the name. She’s bound to be named something weird too. That won’t happen with Elle. That’s why I don’t really get it..
i think she considers herself a mini celebrity though. I think she enjoys having “fans” and loves to keep them on their toes wanting more...

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Well exactly! She wants to talk about that child.. Out of respect to him she should reconsider her decision!

i think she considers herself a mini celebrity though. I think she enjoys having “fans” and loves to keep them on their toes wanting more...
Ask me his name... but don’t ask me this ones name- bizzare 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes I wonder if she will change her mind. The % of bereaved parents is very small compared to the audience who are invested in her journey and who have supported her by buying, swiping, sponsoring etc. Of course nobody has a right to see the baby but it would be strange just not to show or mention him/her ever?
it looks like she already has changed her mind 🙄

Ask me his name... but don’t ask me this ones name- bizzare 🤷🏻‍♀️
Imagine the new baby looking back on her instagram when they’re older, Teddy featuring heavily (obviously) but they weren’t named! 😂 Maybe she will take a leaf out of Michelle’s book (from dear orla) - who shares her rainbow baby, just not her face. We’ll see......

She may change her mind about what she shares. I don’t feel comfortable judging her decision when she’s about to give birth - she must be absolutely terrified given what she went through before. She has no idea how she is going to feel when she has this new baby in her arms. If all is well she will still have so many conflicting feelings. She can’t be expected to have her IG Strategy all figured out!

I know what you mean - it’s obvious she comes from a privileged background. She’s been quite honest about what her husband does for a living etc though. I think working class women are very rare in the insta world in general though, not just the baby loss community. People root for Elle so much because middle-class women are seen as more deserving than working-class women and they can afford to add that aspirational sheen to their lives even if everything is tit. Sad but true. I don’t hold it against Elle particularly although was pleased to hear she is going to try and amplify more diverse voices in her next baby loss series.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She may change her mind about what she shares. I don’t feel comfortable judging her decision when she’s about to give birth - she must be absolutely terrified given what she went through before. She has no idea how she is going to feel when she has this new baby in her arms. If all is well she will still have so many conflicting feelings. She can’t be expected to have her IG Strategy all figured out!

I know what you mean - it’s obvious she comes from a privileged background. She’s been quite honest about what her husband does for a living etc though. I think working class women are very rare in the insta world in general though, not just the baby loss community. People root for Elle so much because middle-class women are seen as more deserving than working-class women and they can afford to add that aspirational sheen to their lives even if everything is tit. Sad but true. I don’t hold it against Elle particularly although was pleased to hear she is going to try and amplify more diverse voices in her next baby loss series.
I don’t judge her decision, but for me as a parent who has lost a child themselves for me both my children are equal. They both deserve to be spoken about and celebrated. I know I’m speaking from an incredibly privileged position because I have my rainbow with me and I understand her fear, but I don’t think you can make decisions about ‘what to do and what to share’ before that baby is even with her safely. I don’t think she should be sharing the decisions yet with people who have supported her since day dot.

Her instagram isn’t a safe place for people who have lost a child, even seeing the words ‘pregnant’ can be so incredibly painful and raw for those who have lost a child. She shares pictures of her bump, which people know is from this pregnancy. That isn’t making your platform safe for those who are grieving. It doesn’t add up to me, I’m currently doing 4+4 and getting 9 here.

But I’m not Elle, what I may do and what others may do is completely different to how she is thinking she may do things.

Reactions: 9
Sorry to de rail She addressed This on happy mum happy baby this week the press made it out to be a big thing when she never made it one apparently.

• Wow
I had an ivf twin loss (11 weeks) and then a year later, an ivf twin pregnancy which was, thankfully successful. Between those times, I couldn’t have coped with following an account that mentioned pregnancy/ baby loss etc. Pregnant people actually gave me hope, where I know people within the IVF community who couldn’t even visit their sister’s newborn babies. It’s all subjective.

Reactions: 2
I think working class women are very rare in the insta world in general though, not just the baby loss community. People root for Elle so much because middle-class women are seen as more deserving than working-class women and they can afford to add that aspirational sheen to their lives even if everything is tit. Sad but true.
You are bang on. I’ve said on Tattle in the past, the only reason the two Clemmie’s managed to get themselves such enormous Instagram platforms is their privilege and white middle class marketability. If they’d been called Kerry-Ann and came from crappy comprehensive schools it just wouldn’t have happened for them.

Privilege is everything in the Instamum world. It’s what makes them aspirational.

As for Elle, I’ve never followed but I’ve known of her for years. There is something quite contemptuous about announcing you won’t share a single detail of your impending birth. She has thousands of people rooting for her and invested in her story.

Reactions: 13
If she didn’t want to share any part of it, then she shouldn’t have announced it! She could have become a bit of a remote page of information for bereaved parents if that was the goal. But untimely, she’s still earning money off then book, the ads, the gifts etc. I find it all bit distasteful and double standards tbh

Reactions: 7
If I put myself in Elle’s shoes, may be she doesn’t want to share because she doesn’t want to jinx it. She doesn’t have to, she owes it to no one, her baby her choice and all that. I can only imagine having an IG like this takes a lot of work, I struggle to get time to post a pic of my kids on there once a month or so!!! I see it that she’s taking time out, in her little bubble, everything she’s been through and struggle to have a rainbow baby, she deserves, like any parent going through this, some time out. If she posted pics of her baby, then got sent stuff people would judge her. She’s been upfront about this, so I think good for her. The pressures enough for parents with newborns. Unfortunately she never got to take Teddy home, I think she wants to take this baby home and enjoy every precious moment and good for her! She owes nothing to any of her followers, it’s her account, her platform and I’m pretty sure she will carry on supporting all these charities like she has done, but she’s entitled to her own maternity leave and if she want to leave her baby out of the lime light then good for her. Again if she didn’t a lot of you would judge her, she may be different once babies here but it’s her choice because it’s her child, not instagrams!!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
If I put myself in Elle’s shoes, may be she doesn’t want to share because she doesn’t want to jinx it. She doesn’t have to, she owes it to no one, her baby her choice and all that. I can only imagine having an IG like this takes a lot of work, I struggle to get time to post a pic of my kids on there once a month or so!!! I see it that she’s taking time out, in her little bubble, everything she’s been through and struggle to have a rainbow baby, she deserves, like any parent going through this, some time out. If she posted pics of her baby, then got sent stuff people would judge her. She’s been upfront about this, so I think good for her. The pressures enough for parents with newborns. Unfortunately she never got to take Teddy home, I think she wants to take this baby home and enjoy every precious moment and good for her! She owes nothing to any of her followers, it’s her account, her platform and I’m pretty sure she will carry on supporting all these charities like she has done, but she’s entitled to her own maternity leave and if she want to leave her baby out of the lime light then good for her. Again if she didn’t a lot of you would judge her, she may be different once babies here but it’s her choice because it’s her child, not instagrams!!
Totally agree 👍🏻

Reactions: 7
If she didn’t want to share any part of it, then she shouldn’t have announced it! She could have become a bit of a remote page of information for bereaved parents if that was the goal. But untimely, she’s still earning money off then book, the ads, the gifts etc. I find it all bit distasteful and double standards tbh
This is what frustrates me about her.. she’s here for the good bits - the attention, the praise, and the freebies... aside her kitchen she’s never really shared much at all with her followers at all. Total double standards, and very disrespectful when she relies on people opening up to her and sharing. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I did notice recently she has mentioned writing I just wonder if she is doing another book to follow the last and keeping all details for that ?