Feathering the empty nest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is going to be an unpopular opinion but I think it’s a little bit rude. For the last few years, many thousands of people have been invested in her journey, have donated to her very worthwhile NICU fundraiser, bought her book and generally kept her going during her darkest moments. Now she finally has what she was looking for it’s like seeya. I feel the least she could do for these people is to just post a photo of the baby and reveal the name.

Reactions: 11
This is going to be an unpopular opinion but I think it’s a little bit rude. For the last few years, many thousands of people have been invested in her journey, have donated to her very worthwhile NICU fundraiser, bought her book and generally kept her going during her darkest moments. Now she finally has what she was looking for it’s like seeya. I feel the least she could do for these people is to just post a photo of the baby and reveal the name.
I know this is a rave thread but I kind of agree. I've always liked Elle and I admire how much she's done to raise awareness. I get that FTEN is essentially her job and she's more or less taking maternity leave. I get that some parents don't want their children on social media but she showed Teddy and wrote a book called "ask me his name". There's obviously a lot of people keen to know more judging by all of the comments on her posts. I just think that blocking people who searched for her private profile, changing her private profile's name and her mum going private etc wouldn't have been necessary if she posted a 'closure' (not the right word but the most fitting one I could think of) photo of the baby and her name. In a way people would have what they wanted and wouldn't pester her to find out. Again, I wouldn't wish what she went though on anyone and I get the irony that parents will be criticised if they do or don't show their children. I just agree that by posting bump photos etc her page is no longer a safe space anymore so I think the majority of her followers are so happy for her that they would love to at least know a name to celebrate the happy ending to a journey that they've followed her on.

Reactions: 13
I do get what you are both saying and I know it’s a rave thread but you aren’t being vicious or nasty about Elle unnecessarily like others on have previously (and that’s what really irritates me 😂). Pregnancy after loss is such a strange mix of emotions, I was absolutely beside myself with happiness when my second little boy was born healthy after my first boy died at 18 weeks 💔 But, I was not prepared for the strange and overwhelming emotions I felt and tbh I did some out of character things which at the time was totally normal to me but looking back wasn’t normal at all. When I say out of character, it was things like never sleeping as I couldn’t relax thinking he was going to die in his sleep, not letting anyone hold him or get too close because I was paranoid about germs, Convinced the slightest sniffle mean he was going to die..I became very insular and kept myself away from people which just isn’t what I am like as a person. So I kind of get why Elle might be doing this, she feels she is doing what’s right for her and the baby and the thought of sharing a name and a pic (whilst I think would be lovely) might be totally overwhelming for her. My own head was in a very strange place after losing my boy at 18 weeks so I dread to think what Elles is like 😭

Reactions: 7
Tbh I’m sick of people moaning!! She doesn’t owe anyone anything... I can’t begin to imagine how nervous she must be about having this baby. Give her a break - if she doesn’t want to come back then let her and if she does let her. At the end of the day it’s her choice!!

but it literally has nothing to do with anyone what the baby’s name is and she is protecting her privacy by not releasing a picture... if she did that would be wrong too

Reactions: 18
Hasn’t this conversation already happened on this thread? 😂 I don’t get the not sharing name thing personally... I’m sure it will be revealed at some point. Hard to keep it a secret really...

I’m sure the next book will be called ..... Her name is ?????? (whatever her name is )

I’m sure the next book will be called ..... Her name is ?????? (whatever her name is )
Someone mentioned the Mermaids & Dinosaurs website earlier, so I had a quick nose on their Insta page and there's a necklace on the imprinted with Teddy and Ivy. Could just be a coincidence though.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
She doesn’t owe you a photo of her daughter or her name. Haven’t we done this already?

She wrote a book to share Teddys story and help others who experienced baby loss and donated to charity - hardly a money grabber waiting for her next book to reveal her daughters name 🙄

Reactions: 22
That one picture of her daughter could be re used, shared on other accounts, photoshopped I mean all sorts. She doesn't owe us ANYTHING. Stop with thinking she does. She is protecting her. We pull up with SJs for the sharing of their kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It’s so weird how people want to know the name?? What difference is it going to make to people’s lives??

Reactions: 14
It’s so weird how people want to know the name?? What difference is it going to make to people’s lives??
exactly, like what do you get out of knowing her childs name? Does it make a massive change to your life? its just people wanting to be nosey.

we constantly moan on this site about parents not respecting their kids privacy and when they do, we still moan.

Elle has never set out to be an insta mum or influencer or anything so not surprised she hasn’t shared much about her little girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I did say it would be an unpopular opinion, you can all stop getting your knickers in a twist 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
exactly, like what do you get out of knowing her childs name? Does it make a massive change to your life? its just people wanting to be nosey.

we constantly moan on this site about parents not respecting their kids privacy and when they do, we still moan.

Elle has never set out to be an insta mum or influencer or anything so not surprised she hasn’t shared much about her little girl.
tbh I bet Elle just wishes that she was just a normal mum rather then in limelight... her loosing her son caused this...

I did say it would be an unpopular opinion, you can all stop getting your knickers in a twist 😂
why do need the know the name so badly / see a picture? What difference is it going to make to your day?

Reactions: 5
tbh I bet Elle just wishes that she was just a normal mum rather then in limelight... her loosing her son caused this...

why do need the know the name so badly / see a picture? What difference is it going to make to your day?
I don’t “so badly” need to know the name or see a pic. Stop trying to twist my words. I have my opinion and that is that.

Reactions: 2
Why are you thinking cornishwife.cornishlife is a Elle? Because it’s not, it’s a woman called Jess? I’m confused