Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

snarkydad

So much cringe. Another white middle class woman getting freebies. £100k for an extension but needs a gifted washing machine... also the stuff about no holiday. She has chairs worth more than a week away! £70 laundry bags, Neptune light fittings, french connection rugs, luxury furniture...

Reactions: 12
Attempting to moderate or trying to shut down the conversation is against the rules
FTEN is relatable if you’re a bored housewife with shed loads of cash. £150 jumpers from the White Company, come Onnnnn.
Best worn frolicking on a beach near your posh family holiday home.
Even if you can afford to buy a £150 jumper id strongly urge you to buy a £30 one and put the rest in savings cos you’ll inevitably ruin it by washing it anyway. It’s madness.
I never thought I’d get bored of seeing pugs but “this guy” “this one”, see him more than my own dog. Jesus Christ.

Side note: obviously she’s going through, and has been through, a massive heap of shit, but this isn’t about that. I’m still allowed to be disillusioned.
Hmm. I think what shes been through is more than a massive heap of shit. It is devastating, absolutely the worst thing to happen to a parent. Maybe all you bored housewives need to accept that yes Elle is able to afford a new kitchen and wear nice clothes, which yes might be an AD, does that then give you the right to come on here and assume you have the freedom of speech to brush aside what happened to her stating it's 'shit' and slate her for leading yes, a privileged life?? There are threads on here about certain families giving their children cold showers and using them to afford their lavish lifestyles yet you're here on this thread basically stating you just don't like Elles content, too many ADs etc blah blah blah. Seriously?? Time to evaluate what you're here for. To point out the bullshit or bring a woman down!!!!

Reactions: 11

Mythoughts

Chatty Member
I never understood how people could be happy for people they didn't know but I am genuinely so pleased for Elle and her husband. I dont know how she has got through all she has and I really really hope and pray this is all goes well for her!

Missoula18

Chatty Member
Yes @bemorepacific I bought the book and and I thought it was a bit off for her to be criticizing people for their reactions so much. If she wants to encourage an open dialogue with those who have sadly lost children then I'm afraid to say I worry that she's gone the wrong way about it....it left me thinking that I would be very scared of saying the wrong thing to somebody if, god forbid, it ever happened to a friend of mine. I especially thought it was wrong with the way she criticized the wording of one of her hospital consultants when he wrote to say how sorry he was for her loss. If I ever found myself in that unthinkable position, I feel that I would be grateful for any effort of comfort and support from my family and friends and those around me.

Bear99

I’m sure Elle is a lovely lady and has unfortunately gone through the most heartbreaking thing any mother could ever go through. I lost my daughter when she was two months old so I understand and get ‘it’. However my problem is that whatever way you look at it she’s profiting from this tragedy and it doesn’t sit well with me. Yes she’s done stuff for charity and raises awareness but it gives me a really icky feeling.
Everyone is different and my opinion on the matter and her are my own but as a mother of an angel baby using your child for any form of gain is not right.

Noname123

Chatty Member
Gosh this was really uncomfortable to read. I was scrolling under influencers and saw Elles name. I clicked on here and just felt like this is all a bit uncalled for. Elle, there is no need to come on here and reply but I get why. I know why Tattle exists and I'm guilty for coming on here. Elle engages with us and I personally love her account (and Boris) so I think this is all a bit unnecessary.
Not everyone is everyone’s cup of tea, that’s what tattle is about. No one has actually said anything that bad about Elle, realistically. Some people find her boring, so what? Some people really like her, so what? Everyone has a different opinion. No need to get so offended by it. You’re on tattle for a reason yourself.

• Heart

Noname123

Chatty Member
I’m sure Elle is a lovely lady and has unfortunately gone through the most heartbreaking thing any mother could ever go through. I lost my daughter when she was two months old so I understand and get ‘it’. However my problem is that whatever way you look at it she’s profiting from this tragedy and it doesn’t sit well with me. Yes she’s done stuff for charity and raises awareness but it gives me a really icky feeling.
Everyone is different and my opinion on the matter and her are my own but as a mother of an angel baby using your child for any form of gain is not right.
I understand what you’re saying and I think she did get paid a fee for her book but I believe all of the profits go to Tommy’s Baby charity or the NICU where

If the money raised from her book can save another child’s life then I believe it is well worth the fee she was paid for writing it. To prevent the grief and pain that she has had to go through for another family is truly priceless.

She does have a big following now and with that does come the offers of gifts / ads from big companies. I think Elle is harmless and if she does the odd AD it doesn’t necessarily mean she is using her child for profit (in my opinion).

I’m so sorry for your loss xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Homesweethomesweethome

My heart is so full for them! I want to see all the bump pictures etc she bloody deserves to put it out there for all to see and hear! She more than anyone has earned the right to do so 💛

Ihatepeonies

Chatty Member
Not trying to trivialise what she’s been through, but I am still entitled to comment on a site (that’s here for exactly this type of conversation) on the instagrammer/ ad culture and her interpretation of it.

• Heart
  • Angry

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
Yes! I believe she’s also being sensitive to the fact that she has been a source of comfort and strength to others who have lost children or struggled with fertility. Her baby will give so many hope in their own situations. To turn her space into a place to advertise baby products would destroy everything she has achieved in my opinion.
I agree with this and have a lot of respect for her as I think a lot of others in her position would have saw the money signs and gone with it.

Noname123

Chatty Member
Hmm. I think what shes been through is more than a massive heap of shit. It is devastating, absolutely the worst thing to happen to a parent. Maybe all you bored housewives need to accept that yes Elle is able to afford a new kitchen and wear nice clothes, which yes might be an AD, does that then give you the right to come on here and assume you have the freedom of speech to brush aside what happened to her stating it's 'shit' and slate her for leading yes, a privileged life?? There are threads on here about certain families giving their children cold showers and using them to afford their lavish lifestyles yet you're here on this thread basically stating you just don't like Elles content, too many ADs etc blah blah blah. Seriously?? Time to evaluate what you're here for. To point out the bullshit or bring a woman down!!!!
I don’t think anyone needs to evaluate what they are here for, the whole idea of this website is to comment on things that annoy them about certain influencers / instagrammers etc. No one is trying to bring Elle down. If she reads the thread, she is doing it of her own free will. The thing that makes me laugh about this website is that everyone is fine to come on here and look at or comment on threads that they agree with but as soon as they see one based on someone they like they get all offended and decide it’s all of a sudden uncalled for. People are entitled to their own opinion.

That being said, I personally don’t have any issue with Elle’s ad’s or gifted items. If companies wanted to pay me a load of cash or give me free shit I’d be totally up for it and why not? Good for her 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Reactions: 9

RoseEB

She’s bought all of those, if you look back through her stories on her page from the kitchen renovation she mentions it there. I think Elle had her washing machine and tumble drier gifted for the kitchen from ao and I remember thinking at the time that was a wise move as she has them hidden so no need to declare them when she posts subsequent kitchen photos as they’re not visible.
She was very honest with the kitchen renovation saying they saved for a long time, I definitely think she could of had lots gifted but didn’t and bought herself which I really admired in this whole gift everything Instagram world.
I just think it’s high time we start calling this influencer out on their stealth advertising, Her main crime here seems to be tagging brands of things she’s been gifted onto images and not marking them as #ad

Pink Sparkle

Gosh this was really uncomfortable to read. I was scrolling under influencers and saw Elles name. I clicked on here and just felt like this is all a bit uncalled for. Elle, there is no need to come on here and reply but I get why. I know why Tattle exists and I'm guilty for coming on here. Elle engages with us and I personally love her account (and Boris) so I think this is all a bit unnecessary.
🙄

• Heart
  • Sick