Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Greyson

A million times this. I really admire her for doing this, it would have been so easy for her to accept all the free stuff for her baby but it’s about something much more for her and it’s really lovely to see.
Yes! I believe she’s also being sensitive to the fact that she has been a source of comfort and strength to others who have lost children or struggled with fertility. Her baby will give so many hope in their own situations. To turn her space into a place to advertise baby products would destroy everything she has achieved in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

MrsB76

Chatty Member
Exactly. People need to get a grip! Embarrassing.
Maybe people just like and respect her. I personally don’t have any issue with her content, she comes across as graceful and kind.

Her page and replies via the gram helped me to get through two devastating losses. She has used her platform to help many people.

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
I was literally overcome with goosebumps. Didn’t realise I could have so much empathy and warmth for a stranger on the tinterweb who I’ve never spoken to.

Fan-dang-gu

I would hate to speculate on that, could be so hurtful either way.
But I agree in that I have never have I wanted someone I don’t know to get a f’ing break, how much terrible luck can one person cope with!?

Last edited:
Reactions: 16

Homesweethomesweethome

Does anybody else have a feeling Elle is pregnant? I do hope she is.
I did wonder after her last mums voice guest poster. I’m incredibly hopeful for her, I can already envisage a Moses basket by her pink and blue chairs at the end of the kitchen. For the length of time I’ve followed her I’m willing for it like she was a good friend 🤞🤞🤞

Missoula18

Chatty Member
No, Elle does not owe anyone any explanations. But equally we are still allowed to discuss things on Instagram that annoy us, and if somebody deliberately places themselves in the public eye then they are going to be discussed most likely. I think all of us would agree that what Elle and her husband went through was absolutely horrendous but to be honest that is not really the reason for our discussions. And I am sorry but if somebody is in a position where they can spend £100,000 on their kitchen and haven't got to go out to work everyday at a company like most of us have to, then good luck to them but it still means they are coming from a position of incredible privilege. The fact that Elle admits herself that her inbox is full all the time of many difference products and invites thrown at her, surely means that she could use that position to suggest that these companies that they are regifted to somebody in much greater need?

• Heart
  • Haha

Spamble

I hadn't even thought this, but if there was anyone that I willed to have their take home baby it would be Elle. She seems like such a genuine and honest lady, so eloquent and funny and I wish her all the best

Poptart

VIP Member
I truly hope she doesn't use the baby for money... I dont think she will as seems lovely but you never know!!
She won't. She said previously she has been offered loads of things but has turned them down and instead asked if they would make a donation to the little roo charity.
I can't wait to hear little one is here safe and sound and they are home as a family. 🌈♥

Reactions: 15
I’ve met Elle quite a few times as we are from the same place and it’s not big, lots of friends worked with her for years. And no one has ever had a bad word to say. She’s really is a genuine lovely lady.
I am so pleased for her. As I cannot imagine that pain. Sending her all the good vibes for this pregnancy🤞🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 15

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
How great is that!! She seems like such a gentle soul, I don’t think anyone needed to love her content to be able to see what a kind person she is. Very very happy for her, she went through one of the worst experiences I could imagine, and tried so hard to help others. Goodness me, this old troll is getting choked up 😭 I really hope she has a perfect pregnancy and birth.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Missoula18

Chatty Member
I used to enjoy following her and admired all the charity work that she and her husband did. But God, her page has become so dull now. She had a new kitchen. Great, it's a beautiful kitchen but it's all we hear about!! Gifted this, ad that. It's almost as if she's running out of content. I really wish these companies would start gifting to people who are genuinely in need - the fact that she is privileged enough to not need to work (I am sure her husband works very hard and that is a great thing) suggests that she does not fall into the category of being in need. Yet she keeps being given more and more stuff.

• Heart

Quite Contrary

VIP Member
Wondered why this thread was near the top, just read through and saw the lovely news, how wonderful 🌈😍 she looks amazing in that bump pic. I’m in bed feeding my 4 week old and really hoping Elle and her hubby get their precious take home baby, her book had a big impact on me 💔 her message about taking freebies makes you realise how grabby grabby 95% of instagrammers are!

• Heart
I am very sorry for your loss ❤

How is she profiting from it though? She has grown a huge platform and occasionally does ADs that fit in with what stuff she regularly talks/posts about - home and lifestyle. Teddy isn’t in an AD, and any money made from the brands that connect with her for teddy’s legacy go to charity and not to her. She has said multiple times before she hasn’t been back to work since Teddy was born, and the odd AD is income for her considering everything else she does (the blog etc) doesn’t make any money. I just can’t work up any energy to feel anything about her doing some ADs.

bexgreen1983

VIP Member
She is so so classy and I just love her and couldn't be more happy for her. This part broke me though about having a baby who just comes home 😭😭😭 Screenshot_20200412-191516_Instagram.jpg

What a message!! “I am not going to monetise my child”. A few others on the gram ought to take heed (cough, cough rvk_loves) Love her even more for this stance, babies are precious, not fodder for likes.
Yet I can imagine lucie and the bump is going to go all out for freebies - she has already said she has nothing...🙄🙄

Reactions: 13

CatHun

VIP Member
What a message!! “I am not going to monetise my child”. A few others on the gram ought to take heed (cough, cough rvk_loves) Love her even more for this stance, babies are precious, not fodder for likes.
A million times this. I really admire her for doing this, it would have been so easy for her to accept all the free stuff for her baby but it’s about something much more for her and it’s really lovely to see.

• Heart

Noname123

Chatty Member
If I am guessing correctly I feel like the baby should be due in the next few weeks - hope everything goes well for them! So looking forward to hearing their news.

• Heart

WinehouseAmy

She’s a published writer, and does amazing work for charity and raising awareness. I can imagine that her own blog and ‘ads’ create her sufficient finances to support her own lifestyle and she is not dependent on her husband. I find her stories entertaining, and really admire her positive attitude. I hope that one day she is able to have children.
That being said I am slightly ad/kitchen fatigued. I can’t bare the beige kitchen unit on the beige wall! The room is beautiful but the units and the wall melt in to one!!!

Noname123

Chatty Member
I hope so too, why do you think that she is
Like somebody else mentioned, she is looking slightly fuller in the face and no full body shots for a long time - she used to always pose in her full length mirror in her outfits.

Also, she did a blog post towards the end of the year saying that they have about 15 successful embryos on ice! (I think it’s embryos, might be called something else)

I really hope she is, it’s time she deserves it!

Oh and I forgot to mention the first thing that made me think it - she referred to being in isolation for 12 weeks! As recommended for pregnant women.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12