Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
While this is true, I just think it’s a bit harsh to judge school kids on whether they eat meat or not. I think anyone doing any little thing to help, be it protesting or using a reusable cup or whatever, is better than nothing. Just because they do nothing else doesn’t mean they can’t protest and make the governments around the world listen
But standing with a sign demanding someone else take action is not all you can do, if you yourself aren’t doing what you can too? We all have a part to play. It’s fantastic they’re there, I couldn’t go so I’m glad others did, but I’m glad she said something, eating meat IS a huge contributor to climate change!

Reactions: 4

Elsass

Chatty Member
But standing with a sign demanding someone else take action is not all you can do, if you yourself aren’t doing what you can too? We all have a part to play. It’s fantastic they’re there, I couldn’t go so I’m glad others did, but I’m glad she said something, eating meat IS a huge contributor to climate change!
But you could use this argument for lots of things. Drinking more water isn’t going to magically make you healthy if you’re still binge drinking alcohol, but it’s a start. Paying off one credit card when you still have 3 more isn’t going to get rid of your debt, but it’s a start.

She should have worded it “there are other ways that you can help such as” it’s the wording that got me more than anything else, it was patronising and holier than thou.

Reactions: 4

Ilando

VIP Member
I agree. There is something different about her recently.

Hope everything goes well for her

Reactions: 3

Pink Sparkle

Oh my god, the sight of everyone licking Elle’s arse hole now she’s written a few replies is hilarious. People come here to bitch and moan about things that annoy them. So what? No need for everyone to shit their pants about it 🙄🙄🙄🙄.
It’s like she’s famous!? 🙄

• Haha

Greyson

Yes! I’ve been thinking that too for a few weeks. Fuller in the face, no body shots, very quiet, looks a little peaky when we do see her ( I don’t mean that to be unkind at all but I always knew my friends were pregnant early on from that pale, tired eye look pregnant women get.) I really hope she is, I will be so happy for her!

Crab6

I get what she’s saying though, our consumption of meat and the demand for it is a huge factor in climate change. It’s a bit hypocritical to go to a march like this if you eat meat, don’t use a reusable coffee cup or never recycle. What good is protesting if you/we have our own part to play and we aren’t doing it?
I think the real point is everyone just needs to do their bit and Elle does use plastic cups, even in a recent ad.

Reactions: 2

Eachpeach

VIP Member
Oh I see what you mean, normally when she gets a new outfit she shows it on, this time she hasn't she put it up on the hanger

Reactions: 2