Feathering the empty nest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm. I think what shes been through is more than a massive heap of tit. It is devastating, absolutely the worst thing to happen to a parent. Maybe all you bored housewives need to accept that yes Elle is able to afford a new kitchen and wear nice clothes, which yes might be an AD, does that then give you the right to come on here and assume you have the freedom of speech to brush aside what happened to her stating it's 'tit' and slate her for leading yes, a privileged life?? There are threads on here about certain families giving their children cold showers and using them to afford their lavish lifestyles yet you're here on this thread basically stating you just don't like Elles content, too many ADs etc blah blah blah. Seriously?? Time to evaluate what you're here for. To point out the bullshit or bring a woman down!!!!
I don’t think anyone needs to evaluate what they are here for, the whole idea of this website is to comment on things that annoy them about certain influencers / instagrammers etc. No one is trying to bring Elle down. If she reads the thread, she is doing it of her own free will. The thing that makes me laugh about this website is that everyone is fine to come on here and look at or comment on threads that they agree with but as soon as they see one based on someone they like they get all offended and decide it’s all of a sudden uncalled for. People are entitled to their own opinion.

That being said, I personally don’t have any issue with Elle’s ad’s or gifted items. If companies wanted to pay me a load of cash or give me free tit I’d be totally up for it and why not? Good for her 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Reactions: 9
Not trying to trivialise what she’s been through, but I am still entitled to comment on a site (that’s here for exactly this type of conversation) on the instagrammer/ ad culture and her interpretation of it.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Elle blocked me over the weekend for no reason. I set up a new insta account and she blocked me within minutes of me following her. I’m pissed off because I’ve always liked her and there was no reason for her to do it. She’s got thousands of followers and her profile is public so I don’t get it 🤷🏻‍♀️ She’s obviously not as nice as she wants people to think she is....

Reactions: 6
Elle blocked me over the weekend for no reason. I set up a new insta account and she blocked me within minutes of me following her. I’m pissed off because I’ve always liked her and there was no reason for her to do it. She’s got thousands of followers and her profile is public so I don’t get it 🤷🏻‍♀️ She’s obviously not as nice as she wants people to think she is....
Why would she have blocked you for no reason?

Reactions: 1
I’m sure Elle is a lovely lady and has unfortunately gone through the most heartbreaking thing any mother could ever go through. I lost my daughter when she was two months old so I understand and get ‘it’. However my problem is that whatever way you look at it she’s profiting from this tragedy and it doesn’t sit well with me. Yes she’s done stuff for charity and raises awareness but it gives me a really icky feeling.
Everyone is different and my opinion on the matter and her are my own but as a mother of an angel baby using your child for any form of gain is not right.

Reactions: 11
I am very sorry for your loss ❤

How is she profiting from it though? She has grown a huge platform and occasionally does ADs that fit in with what stuff she regularly talks/posts about - home and lifestyle. Teddy isn’t in an AD, and any money made from the brands that connect with her for teddy’s legacy go to charity and not to her. She has said multiple times before she hasn’t been back to work since Teddy was born, and the odd AD is income for her considering everything else she does (the blog etc) doesn’t make any money. I just can’t work up any energy to feel anything about her doing some ADs.

Reactions: 14
I’m sure Elle is a lovely lady and has unfortunately gone through the most heartbreaking thing any mother could ever go through. I lost my daughter when she was two months old so I understand and get ‘it’. However my problem is that whatever way you look at it she’s profiting from this tragedy and it doesn’t sit well with me. Yes she’s done stuff for charity and raises awareness but it gives me a really icky feeling.
Everyone is different and my opinion on the matter and her are my own but as a mother of an angel baby using your child for any form of gain is not right.
I understand what you’re saying and I think she did get paid a fee for her book but I believe all of the profits go to Tommy’s Baby charity or the NICU where

If the money raised from her book can save another child’s life then I believe it is well worth the fee she was paid for writing it. To prevent the grief and pain that she has had to go through for another family is truly priceless.

She does have a big following now and with that does come the offers of gifts / ads from big companies. I think Elle is harmless and if she does the odd AD it doesn’t necessarily mean she is using her child for profit (in my opinion).

I’m so sorry for your loss xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She’s bought all of those, if you look back through her stories on her page from the kitchen renovation she mentions it there. I think Elle had her washing machine and tumble drier gifted for the kitchen from ao and I remember thinking at the time that was a wise move as she has them hidden so no need to declare them when she posts subsequent kitchen photos as they’re not visible.
She was very honest with the kitchen renovation saying they saved for a long time, I definitely think she could of had lots gifted but didn’t and bought herself which I really admired in this whole gift everything Instagram world.
I just think it’s high time we start calling this influencer out on their stealth advertising, Her main crime here seems to be tagging brands of things she’s been gifted onto images and not marking them as #ad

Reactions: 9
I just think it’s high time we start calling this influencer out on their stealth advertising, Her main crime here seems to be tagging brands of things she’s been gifted onto images and not marking them as #ad
The previous poster’s right, I watched all of her kitchen renovation posts (we were due to get ours done around the same time) and she definitely said she bought them. I think that means they can be tagged without being tagged, since there’s nothing to declare?

If I remember correctly, I saw a story where she said she (understandably) receives a lot of messages relating to baby loss. In an effort to answer as many of those as possible she ignores the ‘where is xyz’ from ones. Elle said she was going to start tagging products she was commonly asked about, in an attempt to reduce those type of dms in her inbox.

Reactions: 6
Does anybody else have a feeling Elle is pregnant? I do hope she is.
I did wonder after her last mums voice guest poster. I’m incredibly hopeful for her, I can already envisage a Moses basket by her pink and blue chairs at the end of the kitchen. For the length of time I’ve followed her I’m willing for it like she was a good friend 🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: 16
Does anybody else have a feeling Elle is pregnant? I do hope she is.
Hi, first time poster. 👋🏻
I’ve been thinking the same. She looks slightly fuller in the face and haven’t seen as many full body shots. Fingers crossed, she seems so lovely and deserves it ❤

Reactions: 7
I hope so too, why do you think that she is
Like somebody else mentioned, she is looking slightly fuller in the face and no full body shots for a long time - she used to always pose in her full length mirror in her outfits.

Also, she did a blog post towards the end of the year saying that they have about 15 successful embryos on ice! (I think it’s embryos, might be called something else)

I really hope she is, it’s time she deserves it!

Oh and I forgot to mention the first thing that made me think it - she referred to being in isolation for 12 weeks! As recommended for pregnant women.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Oh I see what you mean, normally when she gets a new outfit she shows it on, this time she hasn't she put it up on the hanger

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.