Feathering the empty nest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly. People need to get a grip! Embarrassing.
Maybe people just like and respect her. I personally don’t have any issue with her content, she comes across as graceful and kind.

Her page and replies via the gram helped me to get through two devastating losses. She has used her platform to help many people.

Reactions: 17
Oh my god, the sight of everyone licking Elle’s arse hole now she’s written a few replies is hilarious. People come here to witch and moan about things that annoy them. So what? No need for everyone to tit their pants about it 🙄🙄🙄🙄.
Which is fine, however when you see a thread moaning about someone you like or respect, and then that person comes on and engages in a respectful way to answer to the criticism put to her, I think is decent and people are entitled to share that POV, just like people are entitled to come on and moan. Couldn’t give a tit if you think that’s arse licking, or whatever.

Reactions: 19
I normally really really like Elle, but her last story about hoping everyone on the climate marches is a vegetarian/getting their meat sustainably has got my back up a bit. I’m kind of saying this here because I know she reads here and I can say it without her blocking me because like I say I normally like her! It’s in theory mostly school kids on these marches who have no say on where their meat is from. I could say I hope everyone who’s vegetarian for climate change reasons never buys single use plastics or travels in a car or flies off on holiday but unfortunately pobodys nerfect (except maybe Greta!). Just the way she said “hoping all the people marching...” feels a bit judgemental, surely these protests can only be a good thing in trying to get governments to change their policies.

Reactions: 8
I get what she’s saying though, our consumption of meat and the demand for it is a huge factor in climate change. It’s a bit hypocritical to go to a march like this if you eat meat, don’t use a reusable coffee cup or never recycle. What good is protesting if you/we have our own part to play and we aren’t doing it?

Reactions: 4
I get what she’s saying though, our consumption of meat and the demand for it is a huge factor in climate change. It’s a bit hypocritical to go to a march like this if you eat meat, don’t use a reusable coffee cup or never recycle. What good is protesting if you/we have our own part to play and we aren’t doing it?
While this is true, I just think it’s a bit harsh to judge school kids on whether they eat meat or not. I think anyone doing any little thing to help, be it protesting or using a reusable cup or whatever, is better than nothing. Just because they do nothing else doesn’t mean they can’t protest and make the governments around the world listen

I normally really really like Elle, but her last story about hoping everyone on the climate marches is a vegetarian/getting their meat sustainably has got my back up a bit. I’m kind of saying this here because I know she reads here and I can say it without her blocking me because like I say I normally like her! It’s in theory mostly school kids on these marches who have no say on where their meat is from. I could say I hope everyone who’s vegetarian for climate change reasons never buys single use plastics or travels in a car or flies off on holiday but unfortunately pobodys nerfect (except maybe Greta!). Just the way she said “hoping all the people marching...” feels a bit judgemental, surely these protests can only be a good thing in trying to get governments to change their policies.
I agree with this and did think the same when I saw her story today. It wasn’t really a very “Elle” thing to say.

• Heart
While this is true, I just think it’s a bit harsh to judge school kids on whether they eat meat or not. I think anyone doing any little thing to help, be it protesting or using a reusable cup or whatever, is better than nothing. Just because they do nothing else doesn’t mean they can’t protest and make the governments around the world listen
But standing with a sign demanding someone else take action is not all you can do, if you yourself aren’t doing what you can too? We all have a part to play. It’s fantastic they’re there, I couldn’t go so I’m glad others did, but I’m glad she said something, eating meat IS a huge contributor to climate change!

But standing with a sign demanding someone else take action is not all you can do, if you yourself aren’t doing what you can too? We all have a part to play. It’s fantastic they’re there, I couldn’t go so I’m glad others did, but I’m glad she said something, eating meat IS a huge contributor to climate change!
But you could use this argument for lots of things. Drinking more water isn’t going to magically make you healthy if you’re still binge drinking alcohol, but it’s a start. Paying off one credit card when you still have 3 more isn’t going to get rid of your debt, but it’s a start.

She should have worded it “there are other ways that you can help such as” it’s the wording that got me more than anything else, it was patronising and holier than thou.

I’m glad I'm not alone in this, felt a bit preachy and perfect, I’m all for people making an effort for change but it wasn’t worded well and felt less relatable than ever. And normally I love Elle.

Please start a rave thread rather than attempting to shut down the conversation - Please read our rules and why they're important
Gosh this was really uncomfortable to read. I was scrolling under influencers and saw Elles name. I clicked on here and just felt like this is all a bit uncalled for. Elle, there is no need to come on here and reply but I get why. I know why Tattle exists and I'm guilty for coming on here. Elle engages with us and I personally love her account (and Boris) so I think this is all a bit unnecessary.

Gosh this was really uncomfortable to read. I was scrolling under influencers and saw Elles name. I clicked on here and just felt like this is all a bit uncalled for. Elle, there is no need to come on here and reply but I get why. I know why Tattle exists and I'm guilty for coming on here. Elle engages with us and I personally love her account (and Boris) so I think this is all a bit unnecessary.
Not everyone is everyone’s cup of tea, that’s what tattle is about. No one has actually said anything that bad about Elle, realistically. Some people find her boring, so what? Some people really like her, so what? Everyone has a different opinion. No need to get so offended by it. You’re on tattle for a reason yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
🙄

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
So much cringe. Another white middle class woman getting freebies. £100k for an extension but needs a gifted washing machine... also the stuff about no holiday. She has chairs worth more than a week away! £70 laundry bags, Neptune light fittings, french connection rugs, luxury furniture...

Reactions: 12
No holiday? Pretty sure she swanned off to Dubai in the past 12 months and countless trips to Cornwall. Boohoo 😢😢😢😢😢

Reactions: 9
FTEN is relatable if you’re a bored housewife with shed loads of cash. £150 jumpers from the White Company, come Onnnnn.
Best worn frolicking on a beach near your posh family holiday home.
Even if you can afford to buy a £150 jumper id strongly urge you to buy a £30 one and put the rest in savings cos you’ll inevitably ruin it by washing it anyway. It’s madness.
I never thought I’d get bored of seeing pugs but “this guy” “this one”, see him more than my own dog. Jesus Christ.

Side note: obviously she’s going through, and has been through, a massive heap of tit, but this isn’t about that. I’m still allowed to be disillusioned.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I think the real point is everyone just needs to do their bit and Elle does use plastic cups, even in a recent ad.

Reactions: 2
Attempting to moderate or trying to shut down the conversation is against the rules - Please read our rules and why they're important
FTEN is relatable if you’re a bored housewife with shed loads of cash. £150 jumpers from the White Company, come Onnnnn.
Best worn frolicking on a beach near your posh family holiday home.
Even if you can afford to buy a £150 jumper id strongly urge you to buy a £30 one and put the rest in savings cos you’ll inevitably ruin it by washing it anyway. It’s madness.
I never thought I’d get bored of seeing pugs but “this guy” “this one”, see him more than my own dog. Jesus Christ.

Side note: obviously she’s going through, and has been through, a massive heap of tit, but this isn’t about that. I’m still allowed to be disillusioned.
Hmm. I think what shes been through is more than a massive heap of tit. It is devastating, absolutely the worst thing to happen to a parent. Maybe all you bored housewives need to accept that yes Elle is able to afford a new kitchen and wear nice clothes, which yes might be an AD, does that then give you the right to come on here and assume you have the freedom of speech to brush aside what happened to her stating it's 'tit' and slate her for leading yes, a privileged life?? There are threads on here about certain families giving their children cold showers and using them to afford their lavish lifestyles yet you're here on this thread basically stating you just don't like Elles content, too many ADs etc blah blah blah. Seriously?? Time to evaluate what you're here for. To point out the bullshit or bring a woman down!!!!

She’s been through something horrible (I can’t even begin to imagine), nobody’s denied that.

I don’t see why people can’t comment that they don’t like content or don’t like certain ads? Most of the threads on this site are about not liking things rather than thinking someone’s carrying out child abuse (using your cold shower example). If you don’t like that, don’t read, start a rave thread even? I’d comment on a rave thread, I usually like her content.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.