Feathering the empty nest.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been thinking about this this morning. I was totally sucked in, bought the book, t-shirt, necklace etc, and felt she was really genuine. Not anymore.
She has been through some awful things. Lots of people have. It doesn’t mean they are always right or can never be criticised again.

Reactions: 14
Wow so I had no idea how book deals worked before this.. so all the ladies who contributed will they be paid too?

Reactions: 2
Aw that's really sad :(
I don't like people who step over others to get any adva

She literally said on her book blurb, her instagram profile and all the charities she set up, she'd like to hear from and support women who've experienced loss. People didn't reach out to her willy nilly, she invited them to.

What she meant to say is if you're a minor celebrity who has experienced a loss, please reach out. Everyone else bugger off because your loss is irrelevant.
I’ve written this before and deleted but I’m going to write it again. I unfollowed Elle a while ago well before her first book, she is rude. I emailed her with a gift, a big gift, I run a small business in hospitality, I offered her something different to raffle off to her followers to raise money. She emailed me back saying “ thanks but no thanks, I prefer to work with bigger companies right now, I’m done with small companies, it takes too much work for little gain”. I’m being polite in the way she comes across.
I was really gobsmacked, we've offered our products to 7 charities and they’ve raised over £90,000 pounds.
All she saw was my Instagram follower count.
I even wrote that I didn’t want anything like “ follow me and like the post” crap I was just offering her something different to raffle which I know would of helped her charities.
I understand it’s hard work doing raffles etc ive done them myself but she was doing raffles at the time.
Anyway it taught me a huge lesson re “influencers” and since then we’ve been able to accommodate NHS workers here for some r&r free of charge.
People like Elle really do look down on the ‘peasants’ and really just know you’ll buy into their world. They use the #bekind #womensupportwomen hashtags for their own gain but they don’t really follow them.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
I’ve been thinking about this this morning. I was totally sucked in, bought the book, t-shirt, necklace etc, and felt she was really genuine. Not anymore.
She has been through some awful things. Lots of people have. It doesn’t mean they are always right or can never be criticised again.
Elle was one of the first 'influencers' I followed in IG about 4 years ago, think it was around time of Teddy's death and as someone who'd also suffered baby loss I could empathise ( sadly Tommy's was not around when I lost my 2)
I was influenced to buy a 'lovely'🥴 pink clutch bag she was touting as I thought it would be lovely for summer....it was crap quality and nothing like the pictures she'd 'styled'....I returned the bag and vowed never to be sucked in to that void again
I'm genuinely disappointed to hear how she's treated some women here, but in reality not surprised....

Reactions: 17
I’ve written this before and deleted but I’m going to write it again. I unfollowed Elle a while ago well before her first book, she is rude. I emailed her with a gift, a big gift, I run a small business in hospitality, I offered her something different to raffle off to her followers to raise money. She emailed me back saying “ thanks but no thanks, I prefer to work with bigger companies right now, I’m done with small companies, it takes too much work for little gain”. I’m being polite in the way she comes across.
I was really gobsmacked, we've offered our products to 7 charities and they’ve raised over £90,000 pounds.
I even wrote that I didn’t want anything like “ follow me and like the post” crap I was just offering her something different to raffle which I know would of helped her charities.
I understand it’s hard work doing raffles etc ive done them myself but she was doing raffles at the time.
Anyway it taught me a huge lesson re “influencers” and since then we’ve been able to accommodate NHS workers here for some r&r free of charge.
People like Elle really do look down on the ‘peasants’ and really just know you’ll buy into their world. They use the #bekind #womensupportwomen hashtags for their own gain but they don’t really follow them.
Wow that makes me really sad to read this. I wonder why she felt it wouldn’t be of any help!! I don’t even get it.. always remember where you started from is what I say!!

1%!!!! Measly. Is they less or more than her first book? I want to try and find out as I seem to remember Tommy’s plugging her a lot last time and can’t see anything on their Instagram for this one.

Why do you think engagement was so low on the announcement post she did for her new book? Is it because the way w video or just drmeplle annoyed?
Woah I was clearly half asleep writing that during a night feed!! I said I wonder why engagement was so low. 90k+ views and only 18k likes? That’s so bad

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I have followed her for a while but I was always thinking at the back of my head that she has profited off a baby’s death. It didn’t sit right but I thought I was the only one who saw it like that. Thanks tattle!

Now her posts stink of ‘I got what I wanted’, it gave her something to do while waiting for a baby plus support when SHE needed it but now can’t be bothered anymoreand finds all her followers annoying and an inconvenience.

I feel like she wants to scream ‘leave me alone’ but also buy my book. Unfortunately she created this monster and now she must slay it. Once the book has sold a decent amount (I won’t be buying it) she will do another announcement saying that she is leaving Insta to bring up her daughter in private oh but I’ll leave this page for you poor people who haven’t crossed over to the other side yet

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Sadly this is her to a T. If she feels you can’t gift her something she wants or have a large following that will increase her follower count, she’s not interested. For me it’s not that so much it’s the way she’s so rude about it, as I’ve said previously not the saccharine sweet woman she portrays herself to be on her page. I truly think this awful pandemic is making us look so differently at these influencers and just how shallow they really are. If they don’t like something you’ve commented on or liked they just block you. They only answer questions if/when they feel like it and it serves them. Look how sugary Eleanor’s responses have been over her last few posts, couldn’t be nicer. Sending a dm is a different thing. I’m so glad you say in your post you have been able to gift some NHS 🌈 workers, so much more important in these times. They are the true heroes, not Eleanor and her mates who preach the #bekind hashtag but don’t live by it. #fake #onepercent #cheapskate #outed #dontaskmehername #nhstrueheroes🌈

I think she might meet to change her name ‘I’m feathering the nest’
Good one 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Totally get this. I once did a Giveaway never ever again. Got my fingers well and trully burnt.

Reactions: 9
In what way @Trickywoo? I often wonder if any of the businesses doing any giveaways on insta actually benefit from if.

just caught up on this thread. I have never spoken to Elle personally but I have a friend who has and she said her response was brief but ok. My friend did also reach out to the little Norfolk cottages lady and she said she was really lovely and very caring.

Reactions: 3
The irony that she's now advertising small businesses every day just to give her content to post 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Totally get this. I once did a Giveaway never ever again. Got my fingers well and trully burnt.
I get that it takes a lot of time doing giveaways etc, I truly offered with all the best intentions, with not wanting anything in return not bothered by likes or numbers. I felt at the time that my business was obviously not that good with her reaction.
But I know it wasn’t me or my business especially after reading here.
Yes it would of been publicity anyway but to be honest you really don’t get anything back in return.
Any new businesses I would tell them to go to smaller accounts where the interaction is much better with not only the page owner but the followers or just don’t bother and do it yourself.
My business has gone from strength to strength and every year we’re booked out and that’s after 4 years and many many people return year on year and that means so much more.
But there are nicer people out there, people who do have the time even how busy they are ,time to say hi, time to reach out.
Love to you all who’ve been affected by Elles attitude. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I get that it takes a lot of time doing giveaways etc, I truly offered with all the best intentions, with not wanting anything in return not bothered by likes or numbers. I felt at the time that my business was obviously not that good with her reaction.
But I know it wasn’t me or my business especially after reading here.
Yes it would of been publicity anyway but to be honest you really don’t get anything back in return.
Any new businesses I would tell them to go to smaller accounts where the interaction is much better with not only the page owner but the followers or just don’t bother and do it yourself.
My business has gone from strength to strength and every year we’re booked out and that’s after 4 years and many many people return year on year and that means so much more.
But there are nicer people out there, people who do have the time even how busy they are ,time to say hi, time to reach out.
Love to you all who’ve been affected by Elles attitude. 🥰
So glad things have turned out so much better for you. It shows that we don't need the Influnecers......if your product or service is good and what people want, they will return again and again.

In what way @Trickywoo? I often wonder if any of the businesses doing any giveaways on insta actually benefit from if.

just caught up on this thread. I have never spoken to Elle personally but I have a friend who has and she said her response was brief but ok. My friend did also reach out to the little Norfolk cottages lady and she said she was really lovely and very caring.
It was a lot of added work, I gave products for very little return (as in increased publicity) A can't give too much detail as people might know who I am. It was very cliquey too. I felt the outsider. Never again !

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
It’s coz it’s cool now 🙄
I know ! They aren't interested really in supporting small businesses - it's just that they aren't getting their 'Press Launch' 🤣 days out to The White Company, no brunch meetings at The Ivy.....what a shame. They are lost for content. Simple ! If I see another photo of how their houses looked before renovation......who bloody cares.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I know ! They aren't interested really in supporting small businesses - it's just that they aren't getting their 'Press Launch' 🤣 days out to The White Company, no brunch meetings at The Ivy.....what a shame. They are lost for content. Simple ! If I see another photo of how their houses looked before renovation......who bloody cares.
No meeting up of the ‘girl gangs’, strong muthas, insta huns, Surrey huns 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ How on earth are they coping without constantly kissing each other’s 🍑🍑😂😂. Life can be so lonely at the top 😏😏

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.