Fawn Figures It Out

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
... if I had the money I would buy myself clothes and make up!
Every Single Day? Multiple orders a week for £100s of pounds each time? I mean how does anyone spend over £130 at Poundland?

She’s not chatty because she’s being friendly, she’s chatty because she’s justifying her obscene amount of spending. Every single video is a haul for herself. She’s not even using affiliate marketing, so its pure buy buy buy for self-indulgence.

It’s her “happy place” because it’s where she justifies her obsession for shopping and rationalises it as ok. Take a step back and look at how much she is buying and returning day after day. The plastic, the postage, the petrol, the polythene, the polyester... No wonder the planet is in such a mess if this is considered normal spending patterns that others would like to emulate.

Reactions: 4
I really like her channel, she comes across as a really kind person. Her husband obviously loves her a lot and she knows she is lucky financially, if I had the money I would buy myself clothes and make up! I think she does more than most purely for her channel. I love the clothes hauls etc, but I also really like her vlogging about her family/animals etc. I think it's quite brave to say you don't have many friends, when you reach your 50's and move area its harder to meet people. Fawn is definitely my favourite on YouTube, when she talks its like hearing a friend chat!
. In what way does she do more than most for her channel? She buys clothes constantly, she gets subscription boxes, it must be daily, shopping hauls from B&M and Poundland, every YouTuber seems to love these low end shops, her husband lavishes her with gifts…but I honestly don’t believe she’s a happy woman despite the designer bags etc. Her laugh is rarely genuine, she never seems all that excited by the endless boxes, it’s as if next thing she buys is going to be the thing that makes her happy, but it’s as disappointing as the last, so she has to keep going…I find this ‘you’re my friend, I value your opinion’ somewhat disingenuous to be honest.

Reactions: 6
I find this ‘you’re my friend, I value your opinion’ somewhat disingenuous to be honest.
You might be onto something there.

''Influencer marketing is insidious; it revolves around people that occupy the space between celebrity and friend to stealthy sell. When in reality it’s a parasocial relationship. Studies have shown peoples brains find it hard to place social media influencers. They share the most intimate and emotional parts of their life; making themselves seem accessible so many believe they’re a close friend.and part of their family as it Influencers actively encourage followers to feel like a friend ’s more powerful to sell to. In reality social media influencers have a one way relationship.

When an influencer posts “any suggestions where to stay in Paris” they do so hoodwink followers into thinking they care what they have to say to foster the faux friend relationship and the main reason is to get brands to reach out to offer cash and freebies to advertise. ''

Reactions: 2
Exactly this! It’s the same with shopping tv presenters, people buy from their favourite ones because they feel they have a friendship with them…you can’t be friends through a screen. You can’t go for coffee/lunch/on holiday with this ‘friend’ they exist only to sell to you eg all these voucher codes if you buy something which in turn will also make the influencer money. They forget there is lonely people out there believing that you care about them….

The thing about Fawn though is that she’s not an influencer, she’s not linking the products she shows for a kickback or affiliate payment... she’s literally buying all this stuff for pure self-indulgence (and flashing the cash).

I’m not a fan of her fake “oops I did it again ladies” face that she pulls when she shows yet another clothing haul.

Or the fake self-depreciating way she acts to cover the amount of spending she is doing. She’s another one who needs to watch The True Cost on Netflix and see how much damage those “only £5 ladies!” tops really do. Perhaps it would make her rethink the amount of stuff she actually needs

They forget there is lonely people out there believing that you care about them….
Totally agree, but I don’t think they forget, it’s what some “influencers” (ahem Caroline and Carla) rely on to fill their affiliate piggy banks. They’re parasites. Feeding off of the unwitting.

The thing about Fawn though is that she’s not an influencer, she’s not linking the products she shows for a kickback or affiliate payment... she’s literally buying all this stuff for pure self-indulgence (and flashing the cash).

I’m not a fan of her fake “oops I did it again ladies” face that she pulls when she shows yet another clothing haul.

Or the fake self-depreciating way she acts to cover the amount of spending she is doing. She’s another one who needs to watch The True Cost on Netflix and see how much damage those “only £5 ladies!” tops really do. Perhaps it would make her rethink the amount of stuff she actually needs

Totally agree, but I don’t think they forget, it’s what some “influencers” (ahem Caroline and Carla) rely on to fill their affiliate piggy banks. They’re parasites. Feeding off of the unwitting.
Oh yes ,I see what you mean. She (hubby) is the provider of her own glutony .

I see Youtube adverts.
That’s just because she has youtube ads turned on (although YouTube adds ads to all videos even if the YouTuber themself isn’t monetised).

Being an influencer means linking the products shown for a kickback. “Look at this I bought... here’s the link”. Influencing people to buy. Not just showing what you bought.

She’s just a showoff rather than an influencer

And after spending over £700 on advent calendars, Fawn gives most of it away. Only enjoyed Mac and moaned she got duplicates. Very ungrateful and her ‘old man’ has more money than sense.

Reactions: 3
Exactly….even 4 expensive advent calendars didn’t make her happy. She’s always on the lookout for the next thing that will definitely make her happy….but it is always not quite right.

I quite like fawne but she does need to get a grip. Her husband is very wealthy, they have land and 7 horses, and i read that he bought her daughters house and her mothers house? But yesterday fawne was moaning about how busy she was. Doing what? Working? Volunteering? No, looking after her grandchildren and getting the vet to her horse. Most 52 year old women have still got another 13 years to work before they will get any pension!

Reactions: 5
Exactly this! Why doesn’t she work? Even PT…she has nothing to do but shop/open boxes/try on clothes/send clothes back/buy more subscription boxes, stationery (she has a mountain of notebooks)/jewellery subscription boxes…and nothing, nothing makes her truly happy! We’ll have the ‘what I got for Christmas’ vlog shortly and there’s bound to be something that is ok, but just not right….

Exactly….even 4 expensive advent calendars didn’t make her happy. She’s always on the lookout for the next thing that will definitely make her happy….but it is always not quite right.
A good old fashioned shag with a young, hot stud muffin is probably what she needs .Then she'd truly find her 'happy place' ,cos it sure isn't found in the vacuous ,empty vacuum she occupies.

You can apply this to mrs slocombe too... ..not in that queen size bed and barge pole of ashleys by his side. Her pussy is definately neglected.

• Haha
She clearly doesnt need to work and would I work if I didnt need to? Probably not. But for her own wellbeing I'd say she needs to do something a bit more substantial than shopping. Shes in a great position to give back, and I think she would feel better for it.

Reactions: 5
I’m sure she doesn’t need to work for financial reasons, but some volunteering, charity shop/help with reading in school etc/drop in centre, even if it’s making the tea! Just sitting at home, opening boxes can’t be fulfilling. I know she helps out with grandchildren, but surely she could manage a couple of days a week somewhere! I don’t know ANY 52 year old women who don’t work!

yesterday fawne was moaning about how busy she was. Doing what?
Shopping at Poundland. It takes a lot of time and effort to spend £140 in a pound shop.

Not sure why she has to buy so much cheap tat. If she is soooooo wealthy she should by quality over quantity.

There was another YouTuber (she isn’t on now) who used to shop constantly in Poundland, B&M, Home Bargains…she also had food shopping hauls! The amount of food she bought would’ve kept the armed forces going, she also bought absolute tons of decorations for every season! She must’ve spent thousands on complete and utter tat, she was another one who didn’t work and she was in her forties!!

• Wow
There was another YouTuber (she isn’t on now) who used to shop constantly in Poundland, B&M, Home Bargains…she also had food shopping hauls! The amount of food she bought would’ve kept the armed forces going, she also bought absolute tons of decorations for every season! She must’ve spent thousands on complete and utter tat, she was another one who didn’t work and she was in her forties!!
And these people wonder where their money goes. Frittered away on tat they don’t need.

Reactions: 1