Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I need your help ladies! Can you please recommend 'summer in a bottle' scents? I absolutely loved Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess Capri from 2012. I've attached a photo of the bottle and notes.

I love coconut and vanilla combined, so I'm looking for scents which encapsulate that.

Thanks a lot 😊
What ahout & Other Stories Perle de Coco - coconut, vanilla, and caramel? It's £28 for EDT or £13 for a roll-on perfume oil that lasts quite nicely. They have all kinds of matching body lotions and stuff too

• Heart
Reactions: 7

pink321

Chatty Member
Why are you boycotting those brands? I mean Lancome perfumes these days are pretty uninspiring but I wasn't aware of a reason to boycott.
Lancôme is owned by L'Oréal - (a major centre for development of nuclear chemical and biological weapons on behalf of Israel’s military establishment) and Nestle (an awful company doing things with their products to deliberately harm babies in other countries for money) owns a major stake in L'Oréal too. This time I want to avoid using as much of my money as possible on brands that do bad things like these and where i can find a better alternative instead

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

Blueblue123

VIP Member
What bath and body works scents do people like?
Another vote for Warm Vanilla Sugar as well as Dahlia

This range smells like Brazilian Crush too. The Body wash is £3, the lotion is £4. I've seen it in Tesco and it's in other supermarkets

BrazilianBundleUpdated_1024x1024.png

• Heart
Reactions: 6

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I ordered some eyeliner from Victoria Beckham beauty and got her 3 fragrance sample cards with it. The San Ysidro drive one is utterly gorgeous, but I'm not sure I want to splurge £170 for 50ml.... wasn't so fussed on the other 2.

Got a sample of Burberry goddess. Absolutely love it! It smells so familiar but I can’t work out why. Think I’m going to buy it. Sprayed it this morning and can still smell it so it has good lasting power.

Crumpet41

VIP Member
@Crumpet41 wow they all sound lovely! I have one montale fragrance (sweet peony)

PDM fragrances are all gorgeous imo, my favourite house
I like PDM a lot as well and lately Kilian as well. I have three of his perfumes - rolling in love , moonlight in heaven and love don’t be shy.

I haven’t smelled the sweet peony perfume from
Montale - is it nice? I will keep an eye out for it when I next visit London so I can have a smell 🙂
---
ETA - sorry I am a bit of perfume geek 🥴. I do like niche but I also really like lots of high street perfumes too. I think Zara and M & S have really fab affordable options ( which reminds me -
Marks and Spencer do a dupe of Byredo Sundazed ) which is sunshine in a bottle . I paid £6 for the bottle and I love it.

Attachments

• Heart

LoXLo

VIP Member
I’m wearing Café Oud by Kayali today 🥰 I’m pleasantly surprised by the Oud collection.

dee_mc

VIP Member
I bought a bottle of Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy during the week as it was only €15 and my current bottle of Black Opium is EDP so it doesn't last pissing time 🙄 thought the Britney would be a nice one to top up with during the day.
It's veery strong and very very sweet but I kind of love it 😅 takes me right back to 2007/2008 when a friend used to wear the original Fantasy perfume and absolutely douse herself in it to cover up the smell of cigs 😂 Fun times!
I can't quite put my finger on the scent but it kind of smells like sweeties. Not my usual fresh summer scent but a bit of fun!

LouSV

Chatty Member
Just treated myself to a bottle of narciso Rodriguez her , always been my favourite scent, recently ran out and I really missed it in my life

• Heart

JSK90

My favourites have become more and more recently. Dior hypnotic poison was the first "real grown up" perfume I got when I was about 16 or 17 and I still love it but my fave out of the poisons is Pure Poison. I just think it smells so classy. A couple of years ago I smelt something divine on a lady where I worked and asked what it was so she told me Tom Forde Velvet Orchid. I really like that one but it is expensive so I got my dad to buy it me for Xmas.
I recently tried Alien Goddess in perfume shop and really loved that one so I got that for Xmas this year.

Since I was 18, for every day I often use Sean Jean Unforgivable Woman. It ALWAYS get compliments and is cheap. I can get a 125ml bottle for about £25 so it's a bargain.

• Heart

AmmaH

Maybe just use the dupe for day to day and keep the good stuff for special wear?

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Today I was wearing Kayali Vanilla EDP + Sol de Janeiro bum bum cream + Sol de Janiero Brazilian crush 62 body spray and I got 5 compliments from strangers, including a woman chasing me down in Tesco because she liked the smell so much lol.
This sounds like a dream combo 🤤 I need to get my hands on the kayali vanilla perfume

• Heart

DLMM4129

I really didn’t need to find this thread, but alas, I have.

I am an absolute perfume novice - I’ve been wearing Chanel Coco Mademoiselle for years, my wedding perfume was Chanel Chance Eau Tendre, and for every day I wear Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So fresh.

For a ‘big’ birthday earlier this year I decided to treat myself so I have Jo Malone Wild Bluebell which I layer over Peony & Blush Suede body wash and body creme.

I have some perfumes on the way from Zara - Cherry Smoothie, Applejuice and a Waterlily Tea Dress Sample.

I was reading this thread last night and ended up on the Penhaligon’s website so also have a couple of samples on the way…

I think I’ve found a new obsession 😬

yankydoo

Chatty Member
Got my wedding perfume and was influenced by this thread. I got Delina from PDM. I tried the Exclusif and La Rosee but the Delina suited my skin the most (after going back and forth to try them all so many times!). Gonna wear it on my hen do in a couple weeks then for the wedding next month 😍

• Heart

dee_mc

VIP Member
I used to wear the Body Shop Vanilla perfume oil. Then I noticed people started sniffing the air and saying they could smell a cake baking around me. Finally in an exercise class the instructor suddenly exclaimed “I can small custard! Can anyone else smell custard?” And I stopped wearing it.
I’m still very drawn to scents with vanilla in them though. It’s clearly my thing.
I used to wear Kenzo Flower a lot.
One day I was getting my morning coffee in an extremely busy and crowded New York cafè and the barista screamed (really screamed!) "Oh my god are you wearing baby powder? It smells sooo goood!"
Morto!

• Haha
  • Wow

37BBL

VIP Member
Tested prada paradoxe today, absolutely gorgeous. Still smell one spray on my wrist 9 hours later!!

• Haha

Mums84

VIP Member
I bought Vanilla Woods by Seven Virtues and it is identical to Sol de Janeiro Cheirosa 40 (thank you fragrantica). Very like Michael Kors midnight shimmer which I was looking for originally as the fragrance to use with the 40 spray and cream.
Also been looooving JPG La Belle again. I've been using it with Superdrugs Layering Lab 'Sweetie' and its very similar and delicious.

• Heart