Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Geranium

VIP Member
I used to wear the Body Shop Vanilla perfume oil. Then I noticed people started sniffing the air and saying they could smell a cake baking around me. Finally in an exercise class the instructor suddenly exclaimed “I can small custard! Can anyone else smell custard?” And I stopped wearing it.
I’m still very drawn to scents with vanilla in them though. It’s clearly my thing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

bunnyboo

VIP Member
This sounds like a dream combo 🤤 I need to get my hands on the kayali vanilla perfume
i would have chased you down too (in a good way 😉) - i love vanilla and that sounds like such a gorgeous combination.
Yay, fellow vanilla lovers :love: I have two budget vanilla buys that I don't want to gate-keep.

Last week, I picked up the Primark vanilla and brown sugar body scrub which I actually prefer it to the Sol de Janeiro bum bum body exfoliator. The texture is gentle, non-drying and smells heavenly.

Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 18.55.11.png

I also love the Dove vanilla body wash. It's usually on special in tesco too. It's a good dupe for the Philosophy Vanilla birthday cake shower gel.

Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 19.00.23.png

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Crumpet41

VIP Member
I have had Maison Margiela - by the fireplace on today. I love this scent - starts off smoky but then smells like toasted marshmallow 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Boredofinstahuns

My absolute favourite is Chanel Mademoiselle, I should have asked for another bottle for Christmas, as my current bottle is so very near to the bottom :cry:. Another favourite, but this is probably just through me not being able to get over the death of my mum, is Christian Dior Poison. It was her signature scent and I still have her bottle that she had half used when she died. It is now over 25 years old and I have it stashed in my wardrobe and I can still smell it slightly when I open the doors. I haven't had the guts to squirt it incase I come out in a rash as it is so old, but it still smells good!

• Heart

bunnyboo

VIP Member
Today I was wearing Kayali Vanilla EDP + Sol de Janeiro bum bum cream + Sol de Janiero Brazilian crush 62 body spray and I got 5 compliments from strangers, including a woman chasing me down in Tesco because she liked the smell so much lol.

• Heart

Mums84

VIP Member
The price of perfumes is shocking. I remember being shocked when it went to over £100 for a big bottle and now its only 90ml and £140. It would be cheaper to treat myself to some heroin ffs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

lastdis

VIP Member
I have over 100 bottles. Everyone buys me perfume . I use some cheaper ones for memories, if I go hospital to have baby I wear a new perfume, so I can smell that and it takes me straight back.
today I’m wearing this it reminds me of my late teenshttps://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Giorgio-Beverly-Hills/Giorgio-Aire-1890.html

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Bunteen

I ordered a sample of this as I really want a rose perfume that performs well, so excited to receive it. I hope you enjoy it too!

I actually have a sample of Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady which I am liking. I know reviews say it is quite strong but I sprayed it once on my skin under a jumper and it's a lovely winter scent for me.
I bought the 10ml Portrait of a lady before splashing out and thank god I did, one person told me I smelt like a granny and another like cats wee 🫠🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 11

lozzapaloozza

VIP Member
I received a sample of Gentle Fluidity with my order and oh my. The most stunning scent I’ve ever smelt. It has notes of nutmeg, vanilla, juniper berries, amber woods and coriander seeds 🤤

IMG_1096.jpeg

• Heart

dee_mc

VIP Member
Alien is such a distinctive and strong scent.
I remember my auntie RIP buying it in duty free after a longhaul flight and when I commented on it on meeting her she was like "yes it's so lovely and mild, it reminds me of Anais Anais" 🤣
We eventually figured out that her sinuses were blocked after the long flights and she couldn't really smell anything 🤭
So yeah, when I smell Alien on someone it always makes me think of her and smile!

• Heart
  • Haha

dee_mc

VIP Member
I ordered Tom Ford café rose 🥰 (well, ordered it as a Christmas gift from my mum to me 🤣) and I'm so excited to wear it! Got it during a points event at Boots so on top of 20% off the perfume I also got a bit over €40 back in advantage card points (total spend was around €200 as I stocked up on boring tampons etc as well as picking up a couple of Christmas gifts). Delighted.

emerald

VIP Member
Something devastating happened to me recently.

I bought Lord of Misrule body spray from Lush because patchouli is one of my favourite scents. Shortly after I walked into work the other day someone said that they kept smelling "vape smoke" and someone else noted that they kept smelling it too. I've not worn it since 😕 It DOES smell like vape smoke 😩

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Was scrolling on vinted and got a Jo Malone perfume at bargain price 🙂 I think it was an unwanted early Christmas present. Super happy with it! ♥

• Heart
Continuing from before - I have a lot of samples but only a few full sizes because it takes me forever to decide and they're so expensive I want to love them! I don't really have a signature but I will change depending on time of day or situation. Daily wear I tend to wear Chanel 19, then in the evening or for a big do I will switch to Rituals Sultan de Muscat, or whatever random sample I have at the time.
I came on here just to see if any fellow Chanel No.19 fans were on here, i have this, and I wear it when I miss my mum and I want her “near” me - it was her “scent” and her bottle lasted the whole of the 80s

other favourites in my battery of perfumes are mostly Guerlain;

L’Heure Bleue
L’Instant
La petite robe noire
and my no.1 perfume of all time that I adore but can only wear in Autumn/Winter…

MITSUOKO

• Heart

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I can't afford my favourites at the moment, but got a perfume set by discover at M&S which is really nice.

It is 30ml of warm neroli, soft iris and pink pepper.

If anyone is on a budget I'd recommend it, £9.50

Reactions: 9