Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JE172

VIP Member
Britney Midnight Fantasy for me! It’s only £20 for 100ml so ideal for day to day and you can spray liberally without worrying about the price, it’s gorgeous too. I found it by asking a stranger what she was wearing as she smelt lovely!

Reactions: 9

Crumpet41

VIP Member
The price of perfumes is shocking. I remember being shocked when it went to over £100 for a big bottle and now its only 90ml and £140. It would be cheaper to treat myself to some heroin ffs.
Has anyone else noticed that the amount has also changed? No longer 100 ml but 80 or 90mls in a bottle.

looked at splurging on the PDM Valaya but tbh 75mls for £230 is ludicrous ! 😐
---
Yes me too. They do the job at a fraction of the price.
I think a lot of the cheaper versions are better than the niche - Tom Ford / Zara cherry Smoothie is an example. The Zara version is identical and lasts twice as long as TF.

Jane Tee

VIP Member
Ive ordered some escentric molecule no1. I tried it on in Space Nk and loved it. It will arrive tomorrow and am so excited

dee_mc

VIP Member
I'm wearing YSL Black Opium today - it's EDT and if I buy it again I'll definitely go for the EDP as it has much more staying power.
I've been saving my Boots points and have just over €100 so looking forward to treating myself - craving something new though.

Reactions: 8

Pinkfoxxie

I’m loving reading what everyone is wearing. Just recently I can’t smell any perfume on myself, it’s getting me down a bit, I love wearing perfume and smelling it on me and my clothes (I work from home and don’t get out loads but a bit of perfume always made me feel all put together), but for the past couple of months no matter what I wear I can’t smell it (I can still smell everything else) Maybe I need to try something new 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad

AlwaysSummer

Tried Jo Alone Myrrh and Tonka today. It smells slightly different to the Aldi knockoff I think, fractionally nicer to me, but seems to have very little longevity on me. The dry down is really pleasant but very faint.
I find jo Malone perfumes to be as you describe them. Lovely smells, but do not last. I’d urge anyone curious to try the small bottles first before splashing out on the bigger bottles.

DLMM4129

I had a sniff of YSL Libre at the weekend and didn’t really like it but I had already ordered a 1ml sample to try. Sample arrived yesterday and I am wearing it today… Omg 😳 I LOVE IT

• Heart
Reactions: 7

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I bought Next Cashmere the other day as I havent worn it in years and remembered it being a nice cold weather scent. I have had so many people comment how nice I smell. Well worth the £16 for 100ml and body lotion.

• Heart

UnderThePalmTree

Ok,
So I’m pretty sure most of the people are the same like me - for me to actually like and buy the perfume I have to LOVE it from the very first sniff in the bottle, on my wrist and all throughout until it’s completely gone.
If I love the initial smell but dry down is horrible for me - no chance.
If dry down is the most gorgeous scent but first sniff is something I can’t get past - forget it!
So that’s why I have only 3 perfumes which I love:

1. YSL Black Opium - ok, this is my favourite ever. I know, boring and dull for some but since it came out it was love at first sniff and since then I’ve bought ummm.. many bottles.
2. Carolina Herrera Good Girl
3. Narciso Rodriguez Rouge

So for that reason I can’t buy any perfume online. Even if by the notes it sounds amazing and something I would definitely like, a trip to Selfridges or Boots quickly proves me otherwise.

Now when we are done with this long blabberish intro, for the first time I took a risk and bought perfume online purely going for notes and reviews and OMG, I struck gold!

SHAY AND BLUE - SALT CARAMEL

It smells amazing!! The first sniff is just fresh, warm, buttery popcorn with some salt and caramel. It smells so real, just blows me away!
Then the popcorn dries down a bit and it’s more caramel tones, burnt sugar and something a bit smoky, a bit like burnt wood but with a hint of caramel.
And the end…The best way to describe it for me - you know when you eat some sweet sugary cereal and after you finished you have some milk left in the bowl, mixed with the cereal. Thats what it reminds me of - the warmth and silkiness of the milk with the hint of a caramel, vanilla, not too sweet, perfectly balanced!
Gorgeous gorgeous gourmet fragrance!

• Heart

Lollypad

VIP Member
I came across hair perfume in Space NK the other day (no idea why I didn’t know this existed) - tried the Byredo Bal D’Afrique on the ends of my hair and I could still smell it the next day, was gorgeous. Debating whether to just get the hair perfume spray as the longevity on that seemed pretty good!

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
I received a gift yesterday of L'interdid rouge by givenchy.

Totally unexpected and not a fragrance I would have chosen for myself, but It is absolutely gorgeous. Stood in line in the supermarket today and two ladies asked what my fragrance was..both said it was fabulous and they wanted to waft in the scent.:)

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Husband bought this for me today, I’m so excited to use it 🥹 I tried it in selfridges and it’s like nothing else I have!

C5D224ED-9BA7-41E0-80E0-7BE9BFE3E9B8.png

• Heart

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
Don't know if it has been mentioned, but I wore Ysatis by Givency for years. Loved it and still do.

It has become really expensive now, but one whiff of it, brings me back to happier times.

I bought the new Fenty perfume today called Fenty that’s exclusive to Harvey Nichols. I usually stay away from celebrity perfumes, but i was passed a sample on the card on the way up on the escalator and ended up buying it on the way out as I kept sniffing the sample so much. Definitely didn’t plan on spending that much today 🫣😂

evie1975

VIP Member
I am increasingly buying dupes these days! Can’t remember the last time I forked out for a ‘real’ bottle 🤷🏽‍♀️

I acquired a sample of this from somewhere and it’s definitely next on my list. (I’ve told myself I have to finish a current opened perfume before I’m allowed anymore 🤣)
I must have been a bloke in a past life, as I definitely lean towards masculine scents.

IMG_7210.png