Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I want a good dupe.
most people recommend Aldi but I just couldn’t get with the smells of them, I like some lidl ones, but know of no others…

anyone have any other recommendations? I really want to find something like V&R flower bomb

pink321

Chatty Member
I'm going on a search for new perfume (and using up the ones I've got that i'm now actively boycotting like old Aqua di Parma, Estée Lauder brands and Lancôme ones). So I'll be going perfume hunting this weekend. I'm thinking of trying some niche ones that are fresh but don't smell like air freshener or laundry detergent, (or fruit gums/ bubblegum) like the newer ones do lately

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
What do you guys think of Dior oud ispahan? I have a miniature but don’t know if I’d love or wear it enough to get a full size.

Greentea12

A few of my favourites

Viktor & Rolf: Flowerbomb
Armani: Si Passione
Estee Lauder: Modern Muse
Paco Rabonne: Olympea Blossom
Armani Because it's You
Armani In Love with You Freeze
Valentino Rock n Rose ( not sure if this is now discontinued)
Marc Jacobs: Decadence
Gucci: Bamboo
Dolce & Gabbana: Rose The One
Dolce & Gabbana: l'imperatrice (Nice for daytime)
Givenchy: Very Irresistable L'intense

For Summer I like
Roberto Cavalli: Paradiso
Vera Wang:Eau De Parfum

On the cheaper celebrity scents I like

Ariana Grande: Cloud

Loved Kate Moss: Summer Time
Smelt really cottage garden vintagey. Reminded me of my Grandmothers English Roses
I'm pretty sure it's discontinued now.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Ooh thank you! Meliora sounds just about right, I'm going to check that out. I'll go up to £200 if it's super nice, but would love to take a look at the other ones you've mentioned too. 🤗
It’s honestly gorgeous! I wish I could mail you my sample to try 😂 I’m gonna splash out on the big bottle.

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady is gorgeous but way too expensive. I received it as a bridesmaid gift, very strong lasts all day, you will either love it or loathe it. (My husband hates it)

I love "Stella" by Stella McCartney as a day scent.
Lovely by SJP is an inexpensive fave
Gucci Blossom and years ago before it was discontinued I wore CDior Tendre Poision.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Great! Do you also get this awful alcoholic smell initially when you spray the new formulation?

Initially I thought it had gone off, but then it turned into the known beautiful scent. I checked online and many people seem to get this alcoholic blast immediately after they spray it.

Sorry, I meant 1881. My bad.
Hmmm I can't say that I have gotten that alcohol smell but I'll look out for it next time I wear it and will reply here! Usually when there's an alcohol smell it means the top notes are damaged but once that goes it's fine. That's what happened to me with a few perfumes

I could still smell 1881 when I woke up this morning, even after a bath last night. Thanks for reminding me of this gem!

missymunch

New to the thread so hi all. Im no perfume expert or obsessive but I wanted to pop on to ask a question. Many years ago when I had money ( before becoming a mum and then divorced 😂) I used to buy every year the Escada Collection release . In a unique bottle every year . I now wish I kept the empty bottles as they are collectible . Does anyone else remember them ? It was my total favourite fragrance. I would love to find something similar . The closest I got it Dalal by Al-Rehab on Amazon. Cheap as chips luckily! Just wondering if anyone can recommend similar . TIA.

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
Oooh I love these threads!
My dressing table looks like a branch of the Perfume Shop/Boots etc 😂

Years ago I used to wear Vera Wang Princess. I’m talking over ten years ago. At some point I stopped wearing it as I went off sweet scents and now prefer heavier stuff. Unfortunately my best friend hasn’t got the memo and every year buys me a bottle. I keep politely asking her not to buy me perfume but she does anyway 🙈Naturally this year she bought me the perfume and body spray. I still have the enormous bottle she bought me two years ago and is still gathering dust…

There’s only mum and husband who I trust to buy my perfume. Husband because I choose it and he pays and mum because she has excellent taste in perfume.
This year she bought me a big bottle of Aventus for her by Creed (I adore that stuff but I can’t afford it, I used the last of my bottle earlier in the year and haven’t been able to afford to replace) and a bottle of Molton Brown Gingerlily Eau De Parfum (I felt really bad about this as it’s extremely expensive and I still have 3/4 of a bottle of the one she bought me last year) Husband bought me L’Interdit by Givenchy.
I actually just bought myself a bottle of L'Interdit Intense this evening - its a beautiful perfume. (Bought one for my mother also, hope she likes it!)