Favourite candles and scents?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fake jo malone, lime, basil and mandarin candles from aldi and asda, I think I prefer the asda one. Treated myself to a real one once but the fakes will have to do for now!

Reactions: 4
Lemon and Bergamot Next candle. I’m quite sensitive to smells and this is the only one I can handle without fail. It’s lovely.

Ooh I'm surprised no one has mentioned The White Company yet. Winter or Pomegranate are my faves.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My favourite cheapy everyday ones are the home bargains Xmas candles, the gingerbread especially! My favourite expensive one is molton brown Russian leather 🥰

Reactions: 1
I love the Woodwick baby powder candle, not everyone likes the crackle of them but we have a real fire and the wood crackling overrides it.

Aromatics, it reminds me of my lovely mum who sadly died in 2018

I make my own! Have got a little side business, and am currently testing candles.

In the front room I've got Candy Cane (soooo nice!!), in the kitchen I've got Cuban Tobacco and Oak (quite masculine but subtle) and in the bathroom I've got Cranberry, Orange and Cinnamon (this scent works better in a diffuser - got that upstairs on the landing and it's gorgeous!! It's nightmare to wick correctly in a candle).

I also quite like Peony and Blush Suede (a Jo Malone dupe) and Cherry Blossom and Sweet Pea (a Comfort fabric conditioner dupe).

Glade Honey and Chocolate - perfect for winter months.

I also buy wax melts from a local seller who makes them out of Lush snow fairy.

I am not keen on scented candles.

But, I am qualified in aromatherapy and so my first foray into the subject was using Lavender essential oil, (Lavandula angustifolia). For me, it is a comforting oil and I always carry a bottle of it with me wherever I go. It has an evocative aroma. 💜

White company -seychelles is my ultimate favourite i just love it
Cassis by the white company is nice aswell for a christmassy scent

Reactions: 3
Ooh I'm surprised no one has mentioned The White Company yet. Winter or Pomegranate are my faves.
Outing myself as a basic biatch here... White Company Fireside is my absolute fave. I don’t tend to like anything too strong smelling but it’s so relaxing. Their lime and bay scent is gorgeous too, have that in my bathroom 🥰

Yankee - clean cotton and baby powder
Jo Malone - orange blossom but only as a treat
Sainsburys Christmas spice candle / fragrance range - it's just Christmas in a candle.
TK Maxx often do nice candles and are quite good value.

Outing myself as a basic biatch here... White Company Fireside is my absolute fave. I don’t tend to like anything too strong smelling but it’s so relaxing. Their lime and bay scent is gorgeous too, have that in my bathroom 🥰
What does Fireside smell like?

The White Company - Orange Grove (they discontinued it 💔)

Yankee - Sunlight on Snow

Bath and Bodywork - Mahogany Teakwood

I'm a candle addict, I really need to stop buying more 😂

Very cliche I know but I love Yankee Candle, specifically “Lake Sunset”. I have it burning in every room and have a stash of about 25 because I can’t find them in store anymore 😭
Lake Sunset was one of my favourites, youve just reminded me I havent seen it around for ages.
I like Yankee candles a lot, one of my favourites is Black Coconut which reminds me of the scent the Tropicana in Vegas pumps out. I also love Christmas Eve, i Burn it every year come December.
I like beachy or earthy scents, anything woodsy. They feel so comforting to me for some reason. I am very scent orientated so i always associate them with certain times or experiences in my life.

• Heart
Yankee - clean cotton and baby powder
Jo Malone - orange blossom but only as a treat
Sainsburys Christmas spice candle / fragrance range - it's just Christmas in a candle.
TK Maxx often do nice candles and are quite good value.

What does Fireside smell like?
There’s a soft vanilla undercurrent to it but it mostly smells like the smell when you blow out a match, or get a log fire going :)

Lol I thought Yankee Candle was more basic biatch than White Company! (Not that I'm judging anyone, I like both brands and I am as basic as they come, currently craving a pumpkin spiced latte so 🤷‍♀️)

Lol I thought Yankee Candle was more basic biatch than White Company! (Not that I'm judging anyone, I like both brands and I am as basic as they come, currently craving a pumpkin spiced latte so 🤷‍♀️)
I think it’s just particularly “basic biatch” as I watched a Molly Mae Youtube where she mentioned it and then got one...I’m not even a MM fan, I was properly influenced 😂😂😂

• Haha
The Aldi Reed diffusers what look like Jo Malone - I’ve got blackberry and bay in the living room atm. I like the Rose Noir and Pomegranate one. I love the Glade plug-ins in Apple and Cinnamon this time of year. Wax melts I buy from a website called Tracy Wax Melts - I like the Olympea perfume dupe and one called Tigerlily which has sandalwood in it - love sandalwood.