Favourite candles and scents?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s just particularly “basic biatch” as I watched a Molly Mae Youtube where she mentioned it and then got one...I’m not even a MM fan, I was properly influenced 😂😂😂
Haha. I might check out Fireside, don't think I've smelt that one but sounds like something I'd like. 20% off at the moment at White Company!

Reactions: 1
My top four
1 Diptyque Paris en fleur ( my top favourite but limited edition - Im hoping it’s released again next year)
2 Jo malone Almond and Macaroon - It’s discontinued now but they do have a townhouse pastel macaroon one online that hubby as bought me for Xmas.
3 Jo Malone Velvet Rose and Oud ( I love the Aldi version so I use that one in the bathroom - I buy the jo malone one occasionally
4 Yankee snowflake cookie ( I love this and use this in my kitchen)

Candles are my thing. I don’t smoke or drink alcohol so my money goes on Candles, Shoes and Handbags 💗

Reactions: 6
I loveeeeee candles!
I have so many favourites
urban apothecary - oriental noir
Bath and body works - copper coconut (I had several lit around our wedding venue so it smelt soo lush and reminds me of that day when I smell it)
The white company - wild mint and their bay and Rosemary one too
Aldi do one which is coconut scented which is really nice
Jo Malone - velvet rose and pjs (aldi had a really good replica one)
Bath and body works - champagne toast
Acqua di parma have two I like - yellow cube which is cologne scented and the Mirto di Panerea which smells of my husbands aftershave from there so when he’s away I have that lit in our bedroom so it smells like he’s there

candle obsession right there!

Reactions: 2
Thanks everyone for the heads up on the Aldi Jo Malone lookalike candles. I have often seen them in the store and not known if they would be any good. I will buy some next time I'm there.
I tend to stock up on candles in TK Maxx. Last time I was in they had a very good selection. I bought several Park's cinnamon and clove candles, which I am now enjoying. I particularly like candles at this time of year.

I just bought myself my first Yankee Candle: Snow love. Does anyone know this sent?

I also bought Christmas Magic as a gift for my parents

My top four
1 Diptyque Paris en fleur ( my top favourite but limited edition - Im hoping it’s released again next year)
2 Jo malone Almond and Macaroon - It’s discontinued now but they do have a townhouse pastel macaroon one online that hubby as bought me for Xmas.
3 Jo Malone Velvet Rose and Oud ( I love the Aldi version so I use that one in the bathroom - I buy the jo malone one occasionally
4 Yankee snowflake cookie ( I love this and use this in my kitchen)

Candles are my thing. I don’t smoke or drink alcohol so my money goes on Candles, Shoes and Handbags 💗
Aldi also do their version of almond and macaroon! It’s really good, I’ve had it a few times!

I loveeeeee candles!
I have so many favourites
urban apothecary - oriental noir
Bath and body works - copper coconut (I had several lit around our wedding venue so it smelt soo lush and reminds me of that day when I smell it)
The white company - wild mint and their bay and Rosemary one too
Aldi do one which is coconut scented which is really nice
Jo Malone - velvet rose and pjs (aldi had a really good replica one)
Bath and body works - champagne toast
Acqua di parma have two I like - yellow cube which is cologne scented and the Mirto di Panerea which smells of my husbands aftershave from there so when he’s away I have that lit in our bedroom so it smells like he’s there

candle obsession right there!
Laughing cause my phone corrected to velvet rose and pjs... did not mean that at all 🤣

I just bought myself my first Yankee Candle: Snow love. Does anyone know this sent?

I also bought Christmas Magic as a gift for my parents
Snow In Love is lovely! I often buy the samplers for my bedroom and thats one I have amongst others. If you like that, you will like Pink sands too, not a festive scent but really lovely.

The last couple of yankees I’ve had have tunnelled really badly despite giving them a good long first burn. Disappointing.

Has any of you ever tried to make your own candles? I have quite a few empty candle jars by now....
I just love buying candles and fall prey to the marketing easily

I used to love browsing the candles in TK Maxx, it was one of my treats on payday weekend. I once got a free candle with some hair serum (random) but omg it was the nicest smelling candle. It was by a brand called System Professional and it had an almond-y smell. So nice.

I used to love browsing the candles in TK Maxx, it was one of my treats on payday weekend. I once got a free candle with some hair serum (random) but omg it was the nicest smelling candle. It was by a brand called System Professional and it had an almond-y smell. So nice.
I had this candle and was lovely. Just made me think and looked on look fantastic. They have a set on for £17 called System Professional Luxe Oil, Candle & Turban Bundle (Free Gift) think I’ll order as the luxe oil is fab and the candle x

• Heart
I have loved candles for as long as I can remember being old enough to light them! I used to go for Yankee Candles but in recent years, have switched to beeswax and soy-based and am particular about naturally scented and lead free wicks. I KNOW it’s not as fun as the yankee and similar richly scented but I feel better burning it in my home with kids and pets.

Oh and a favorite scent is a mixture of coconut sunscreen and tobacco pipe (I know!) but it goes back to a good childhood memory on a beach :) smells are funny that way. I normally can’t stand smoke of any kind.

It’s a bit boring but I love natural beeswax candles - they don’t have a particular scent but they are air purifying and good for my allergies.
In terms of scent I love Pomegranate Noir - Jo Malone/Aldi.

I used to love Seychelles from The White Company but I find it really cloying and sickly now. Same with a lot of Yankee candles although I do have a nice ‘candy cane’ Christmas one which smells really minty and fresh.

My Yankee Love in Snow candle arrived today!

Have it on for a few hours now and the smell is pleasant but I feel like I can tell a difference to the soy wax candles I mainly have. Might be just an irrational thought.

Does anyone else know Sand + Fog candles? I had them over the summer and loved them, got them at TK Maxx

Very cliche I know but I love Yankee Candle, specifically “Lake Sunset”. I have it burning in every room and have a stash of about 25 because I can’t find them in store anymore 😭
I just got a woodwick candle called Costal Sunset that smells almost exactly like Lake Sunset if you ever struggle to get any.

Have it on for a few hours now and the smell is pleasant but I feel like I can tell a difference to the soy wax candles I mainly have. Might be just an irrational thought.

Does anyone else know Sand + Fog candles? I had them over the summer and loved them, got them at TK Maxx
Yes! I was given an orangey one as a gift and it was my gateway to candles haha!

I love Sand + Fog candles! They have quite a few dupes of Bath and Body Works so always pop into TK Maxx to try and find them.