Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
i get the fake yankee candle from Home Bargains for £2.99. I like the spiced apple one

Favourite scent: Brut aftershave. (My dad's smell, he died when i was 14)

• Heart
Reactions: 9

AutumnSpring

Very cliche I know but I love Yankee Candle, specifically “Lake Sunset”. I have it burning in every room and have a stash of about 25 because I can’t find them in store anymore 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Dannie

Chatty Member
My top four
1 Diptyque Paris en fleur ( my top favourite but limited edition - Im hoping it’s released again next year)
2 Jo malone Almond and Macaroon - It’s discontinued now but they do have a townhouse pastel macaroon one online that hubby as bought me for Xmas.
3 Jo Malone Velvet Rose and Oud ( I love the Aldi version so I use that one in the bathroom - I buy the jo malone one occasionally
4 Yankee snowflake cookie ( I love this and use this in my kitchen)

Candles are my thing. I don’t smoke or drink alcohol so my money goes on Candles, Shoes and Handbags 💗

Reactions: 6

EyeSpy88

VIP Member
I have a candle a friend got me for Xmas a couple of years ago from Sainsbury’s, there was never a scent name on the candle but it’s the best smell, it’s very similar to pomegranate noir.
my favourite smell is the comfort baby fabric conditioner, just reminds me of when my son was born

Reactions: 5
I have a candle a friend got me for Xmas a couple of years ago from Sainsbury’s, there was never a scent name on the candle but it’s the best smell, it’s very similar to pomegranate noir.
my favourite smell is the comfort baby fabric conditioner, just reminds me of when my son was born
I know the one you mean! It comes with a blue label, winter something. I always think it reminds me of pomegranate noir too. I’m sure they bring it back out every year.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

This.is.me

VIP Member
Fake jo malone, lime, basil and mandarin candles from aldi and asda, I think I prefer the asda one. Treated myself to a real one once but the fakes will have to do for now!

Reactions: 4

1001 others

VIP Member
a) Frankincense and Myrrh
b) A real quality coconut sunscreen fragrance (such as Hawaiian Tropic) - reminds me of my earliest childhood memory, which was a holiday to Hawaii

Reactions: 3
I’m not sure if they are in stock atm as haven’t been for a while but the Aldi jo malone dupes are really good. I particularly like the blackberry bay one

Sw4

VIP Member
Ooh I'm surprised no one has mentioned The White Company yet. Winter or Pomegranate are my faves.

• Heart

MonkeyTennis

Like yankee candle too, Lake Sunset is nice and subtle.
Also like the Baby Power one, probably cause it bring back happy memories of being a kid and lashing it on after a bath.

Lalala17

White company -seychelles is my ultimate favourite i just love it
Cassis by the white company is nice aswell for a christmassy scent

openbook1

VIP Member
B&BW's Mahogany Teakwood smells exactly like Abercrombie & Fitch's Fierce cologne so not at all what I believe you are after.

I would generally advise taking B&BW's scent notes with a big pinch of salt as they play very fast and loose with them.
It is a horrible scent...smells like a teenage boy's cologne. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
I love lavender incense, I find it so calming. There was a Yankee candle that I loved and I've totally forgot what it's called, white cotton or fresh linen or something. I also really liked their wedding day candle too. Don't want to pay Yankee candle prices though!
Clean Cotton?

• Heart

Fizzwhizz2020

Chatty Member
The most amazing candle I’ve ever smelt is by the white company “winter” it fills the room. Yankee candles are amazing too

I used to love browsing the candles in TK Maxx, it was one of my treats on payday weekend. I once got a free candle with some hair serum (random) but omg it was the nicest smelling candle. It was by a brand called System Professional and it had an almond-y smell. So nice.
I had this candle and was lovely. Just made me think and looked on look fantastic. They have a set on for £17 called System Professional Luxe Oil, Candle & Turban Bundle (Free Gift) think I’ll order as the luxe oil is fab and the candle x

• Heart

under the ivy

VIP Member
I’ve got an Air Wick plug-in in my bedroom, lavender oil. It’s so strong! I like lavender but it gives me a headache.

S.jai

Does anyone have any recommendations for a burning oak wood kind of smell something like replica by the fireplace but a bit less pricey 😅