Fathering Autism #91 Big P's cankles bring all the humpers to the yard!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Look what I stumbled on yesterday, by accident. I wanted to see if they had a vlog last night so I typed in Fathering Autism and this site came up.
It is ASSa's original blog...and there is a photo gallery. I got lost in the rabbit hole of pics for a bit.:eek:

There are quite a few pics of Abbie "surfing" and wow, she really looked SO alert, much more so than now.

Click on it and you can view all the albums in the photo gallery link. I have not yet read what he had to say, just grabbed some screenshots of the pics.

https://abbiesdad.webs.com/

Here are a few of the pics, some of which are so darn cute. For the rest, you will have to go to the site and see for yourself!! :cool:

Baby Maverick!!
View attachment 627922

ASSa's comment is attached to this pic
View attachment 627924

Surfers for Autism. Abbie was so engaged!
View attachment 627925
View attachment 627947View attachment 627949View attachment 627948View attachment 627943View attachment 627945View attachment 627946View attachment 627950View attachment 627951View attachment 627944

ASSa's comment is attached to this pic.
View attachment 627985

Big P didn't look that big back then (compared to now)

View attachment 627982

ASSa's comment is attached to the pic...apparently, at one time she liked headphones. :unsure:

View attachment 627984
It is probably a combination of the things people have suggested: that her differences seemed more normal when she was little and she is probably much more heavily medicated today...I think Asa said they didn't believe in medication for a while? In the third picture, in what I assume is Abbie's birthday party, she looks to be in some kind of harness (or is that part of her dress?) and young Summer (that's her in the red shirt right?) in the background is being held back by a lady as if she is special needs too. I don't think Summer is special needs, but it looks odd.

Reactions: 13
It is probably a combination of the things people have suggested: that her differences seemed more normal when she was little and she is probably much more heavily medicated today...I think Asa said they didn't believe in medication for a while? In the third picture, in what I assume is Abbie's birthday party, she looks to be in some kind of harness (or is that part of her dress?) and young Summer (that's her in the red shirt right?) in the background is being held back by a lady as if she is special needs too. I don't think Summer is special needs, but it looks odd.
I didn't even notice that was Summer. Are we sure she isn't special needs herself? It might explain some things.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I wondered the same about summer for a second. On a closer look I don’t think it is her though

Reactions: 10
Abbie has the harness on in this photo as well, wearing a different outfit. Perhaps it was the precursor to the backpack she wears now. :unsure:
1040539_10200557810726624_1254684907_o.jpg

Good catch!

WOW...that sure does look like Summer in the red shirt, maybe that is her mom behind her? She may have reached her arms around Summer (or her doppelganger!) 🤷‍♀️😂😂to clap, at least that is how it looks. :unsure: Isn't that how they met Summer? Thru the Autism Surf program?

32602_10151691552829812_1429808047_n.jpg

• Heart
they couldn’t even organise a piss up in a brewery. Absolute cockwombling idiots.

I’m on a mission to bring back to word ‘wazzock’ Asa is a wazzock.
Ok,I had to Google this and it is a perfect description. Now, I have to Google so many new words but emojis cause me to shudder with fear since I know many have a different meaning such as peach and aubergine.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Abbie has the harness on in this photo as well, wearing a different outfit. Perhaps it was the precursor to the backpack she wears now. :unsure:
View attachment 628321

Good catch!

WOW...that sure does look like Summer in the red shirt, maybe that is her mom behind her? She may have reached her arms around Summer (or her doppelganger!) 🤷‍♀️😂😂to clap, at least that is how it looks. :unsure: Isn't that how they met Summer? Thru the Autism Surf program?

View attachment 628323
Yes, I think they met through SFA. Summer's father lent his surfing talents to the event. Summer said they had nothing to do with autism before that, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have some undiagnosed something.

Reactions: 11
Bestie Kaitlin isn't hanging around to support Piggy for the Grand Opening. She's posted on IG that the van is done and they have hit the road! I know there's another thread for that, but inquiring minds want to know!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I guess Hogboy is too busy to make a vlog after 2 weeks. Wow, Isaiah is a loser just like his dad. Isaiah claims he is a broke college kid, but he does nothing for himself to change that. I rooted for Isaiah a while back, but he is his father's son.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Just looking at Wayne, and Candy herself, tells the story of what their diet and eating habits are like.

Seems like Father' Day might be bittersweet for Asa....
A son he hasn't really had a close father/son relationship with, a neutotypical daughter he has chosen to ignore the existence of, and a daughter that he takes care of that can't fully communicate ot interact with him.
Karma is a real witch.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
They could easily get Abbie a boogie board and call it a day. That's really all Abbie does on a board is ride the wave into shore on her belly. I just don't get why they buy themselves paddle boards, scooters, Onewheels, but can't get a Costco boogie board or cheap surfboard.

Reactions: 19
View attachment 628321

Good catch!

View attachment 628323
That is the harness they used to have to attach a leash to so she wouldn't run away. Asshole said it in one if the vlogs. I still say they should have put a 10 pound brick in her back pack to make her straighten up. I'm serious. I know someone that wears a heavy type brace because she has something wrong with the bones in her spine. It helps her significantly stand straight. It is 20 pounds of weight.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
That is the harness they used to have to attach a leash to so she wouldn't run away. Asshole said it in one if the vlogs. I still say they should have put a 10 pound brick in her back pack to make her straighten up. I'm serious. I know someone that wears a heavy type brace because she has something wrong with the bones in her spine. It helps her significantly stand straight. It is 20 pounds of weight.
Yep, you can see it in a lot of the "throwback" vids Asa posts, it was a little monkey harness with a leash attached. Here she is wearing it at Disney:

Reactions: 9
Abbie seemed much more stable in earlier vlogs. She walked around and seemed to have no issue with that type of physical activity. The last time they went to Disney, Abbie needed a wheelchair. Does anyone want to weigh in on this? Much appreciated! Is it the low muscle tone over time?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Abbie looked so cute with her bangs. I bet they could get a nice easy style for her now, that wouldn’t be too childish, but would make her look so much neater and prettier. She does have a lovely face…and killer dimples!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Abbie seemed much more stable in earlier vlogs. She walked around and seemed to have no issue with that type of physical activity. The last time they went to Disney, Abbie needed a wheelchair. Does anyone want to weigh in on this? Much appreciated! Is it the low muscle tone over time?
She didn't need a wheelchair, they got one for her because they were too impatient to deal with her slowing them down...I think Asa must have edited the Disney vlog because I just scanned through the whole thing and I can't find that bit where they complain about disability accommodations and explain the wheelchair seems to be gone?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't think she seems significantly more alert or engaged in these photos than she does now. She's looking away from the camera, eating mulch, sitting slumped on a surfboard and in a wagon, not smiling or looking remotely interested in the photo where she's being hugged by Priscilla...I forget who mentioned this in the previous thread, but I agree that Abbie appears much "better" in older photos and footage because her developmental age was closer to her chronological age. It's "normal" for a young child to look away from the camera, because young children can be easily distracted. It's "normal" for a seven year old to sit slumped on a surfboard instead of standing up, because their gross motor skills haven't finished developing. I think Abbie seems a lot "worse" now because the contrast between her extremely childlike behavior and nearly-adult body registers as more "off" than the contrast of a small child who is only a few years behind on their milestones.

She's definitely regressed in terms of skills, and she does seem less happy overall now than when she was younger...but I don't think she was ever very alert or responsive to the people around her.
Plus IMO Abbie just looks better cared for and definitely a whole lot cuter than she appears now! How could anyone who sees Abbie in public not notice immediately that she has multiple issues?? She always looks a mess(long hair or not). The way I see it with her hair always looking sloppy and most times seeing her baggy diaper, no matter what delusion Asa & Cilla are under you notice immediately that something is definitely wrong with Abbie. The older she gets her disabilities seem more pronounced. I can’t imagine how bad she will look as the years go on and she just gets heavier!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Bestie Kaitlin isn't hanging around to support Piggy for the Grand Opening. She's posted on IG that the van is done and they have hit the road! I know there's another thread for that, but inquiring minds want to know!
I am here for that messy sideshow!!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.